AAUW International fellowship 2023 online application forms are going to start soon. This fellowship program is specially designed for women who wish to pursue full-time graduate or post-doctoral studies in the United States. Under this fellowship program beneficiaries will get financial assistance from the authorities to pursue their academics. Further in this article, you will get detailed information related to the AAUW International Fellowship 2023 including eligibility criteria application process selection process last-date benefits, and more.
About AAUW International Fellowship 2023
AAUW International fellowship was started by the AAUW in the year 1917. This fellowship program is helping women since then financially. Women who are not permanent citizens of the United States and intend to come to us for their Professional Studies can grab the opportunity. There is a limited number of awards given under this fellowship program. Beneficiaries will get benefits up to $30000. Interested candidates may submit their application by following the step-by-step instructions given below before the last date. You will also get the direct application along with the other significant details from this article further.
Also Read: Rotary Peace Fellowship
Highlights Of AAUW International Fellowship
- Name of the scheme: AAUW International Fellowship
- Launched by: AAUW
- Launched for: students
- Benefits: monetary
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: AAUW
Objective Of AAUW International Fellowship
The main objective of the International fellowship program is to support women who are not US citizens or permanent residents and intend to come to the US for study purposes only. The beneficiary of the scheme must wish to return to their home country to pursue a professional career in the field of business, government, academia, community activism, arts, or scientific fields.
Benefits Of AAUW International Fellowship
- An applicant who is going to pursue a master/ first professional degree will get an amount of $18000
- An applicant who is going to pursue a doctoral degree will get an amount of $20000
- An applicant who is going to pursue a post-doctoral degree will get an amount of $30000
- Fellows may also work up to 20 hours in a week or teach one course with prior written approval from the authorities.
- Applicants can use the funds only for the
- Educational expenses
- Leaving expenses
- Dependent child care
- Travel to professional meetings conferences or seminars
- Applicants cannot use the funds for
- Purchase of equipment
- Indirect costs.
- Research assistants.
- Previous expenditures, deficits, or repayment of loans.
- Publication costs.
- Institutional (overhead) costs.
- Tuition for dependent’s education.
- Grants-in-aid for less than a full academic year or travel grants.
- Travel to or from a fellow’s home country. Etc.
- The final decision on the selection of the candidates will be taken by the AAUW
- The panel will recommend the suggestion
- Selection will be made on the basis of following
- Position on return to home country
- Academic and/ or professional qualification
- Proposed time schedule
- Financial need
- Quality and feasibility of the proposed plan of study or research
- The commitment of applicants to the advancement of women and girls in their home country
- Countries need specialized knowledge or skill
- Motivation for graduate studies or research
- The Fellowship is not open to students who already received any AAUW grand or National Fellowship
- Members of the AAUW board of directors, committees, panels, task forces, and staff including current terms are not eligible
- This Fellowship is open only for women in all fields of study at an Institute of Higher Education or post-doctoral fellow, research.
- Applicants who do not get a grant before can reapply
- Applicant must not be a citizen of the US
- The application should be an international student
- Applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree completed by November 15
- Applicants must intend to return to their home country after completing the fellowship to pursue a professional career
- Applicants have to show proficiency in the English language
- Applicant must be a regular student; funding will not provide for distance learning or online programs.
- Applicants must be going to pursue any of the following
- Master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch.,
- Medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc.
- Doctorate degrees are classified as research degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral fellows may hold a doctorate as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A.
- Three recommendations from professors or professional colleagues
- Proof of highest degree
- Proof of current enrollment
- Proof of a doctorate or M.F.A. degree
- Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based Test): 79
- TOEFL Essentials: 8.5
- Revised TOEFL paper-delivered Test: 60
- IELTS: 6.5
Also Read: Kothari Fellowship
Application Procedure Of Scholarship 2023
- From the home page of the portal, you have to select the Fellowships & Grants option.
- Then you have to select the “current funding opportunities” option.
- A new page will open from where you have to select the “International Fellowships” option.
- Read the information available on the screen or in this article very carefully.
- Choose the “Apply Now” option and choose “Don’t have an account? Register!” option.
- Enter the details like email, password, and date of birth.
- Then press the register button and complete the registration process by following the screen.
- Then fill out the application form that appears on the computer screen.
- Upload all the significant documents in the prescribed format.
- Complete the application and submit it after reviewing the details.
- Remember to take a print of the form for further use.
- The online application form will start in August 2022.
- Applicants have to submit the application recommendation and supporting documents by November 2022.
- Notification of decisions will be conveyed to the applicants by April 2023.
- Applicants will get the benefits of a fellowship from July 2023- June 2024.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org