Odisha’s government has launched the Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana on August 15, 2018, to help financially deprived families. The government would grant health insurance coverage up to Rs 5 lakh per household each year under this scheme. Read below to check the detailed information related to the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2022 like Highlights, Objectives, Features, Benefits, Components, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedures, and much more.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2022
Many persons in our country are unable to obtain adequate healthcare because of their financial circumstances. Odisha’s government has started the Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana to help all of these people. The Odisha government would give healthcare and medical coverage to the beneficiaries under this scheme. This insurance will cover secondary and tertiary treatment methods. The Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana will provide cashless treatment to over 3.5 crores (70 lakh families) people across the state. All citizens who visit a state government health facility from district to sub-center level will receive all healthcare services for free, regardless of their wealth, residence, or status, under this system. An extra amount of Rs 200000 would be granted as insurance to the women recipients.
Highlights of Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2022
|Scheme Name||Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY)|
|Introduced by||Government of Odisha|
|Language||ଓଡ଼ିଶା ବିଜୁ ସ୍ th ସ୍ତ୍ୟ କଲ୍ୟାଣ ଯୋଜନା|
|Scheme under||State Government|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of Odisha|
|Scheme Objective||To provide health-care services and health insurance coverage.|
|Major Benefit||Financial Assistance of Rs. 5 lakh per family each year|
Objectives of Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
We all know that many people in the state of Odisha are economically disadvantaged and are unable to receive good treatment owing to a lack of financial resources. With this in consideration, the state of Odisha’s government launched a new program known as the Odisha Swasthya Kalyan Yojana. The Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana is an Odisha government scheme that attempts to offer universal health coverage, with a focus on the health of economically disadvantaged families. The poor citizens of the state will be able to receive free care as a result of this initiative. People from economically disadvantaged groups will receive approximately Rs. 5 lakh in health insurance. The primary goal of launching this program is to give free health services.
Benefits of Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
Some of the key benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- Families with a BKKY card, RSBY card, BPL card, or AAY card, as well as an annual income of Rs. 50,000 in rural regions and Rs. 60,000 in urban areas, can receive cashless care at any of the 208 government hospitals and private hospitals that have been accredited.
- All health services, including medications, diagnostics, dialysis, cancer treatment, OT, ICU, and in-patient admission, are provided free of charge to all people in all government health institutions up to the level of the District Head Quarters Hospital.
- The government will provide Rs 5 lakh in health insurance coverage per household each year under this scheme.
- There are approximately 4036 packages available under this scheme.
- Beneficiaries will receive roughly 3.5 crores as a result of this scheme.
Features of Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
Some of the key features of the scheme are as follows:
- Odisha The Swasthya Kalyan Yojana began on August 15, 2018.
- Mukhyamantri Swasthya Seva Mission has allocated Rs1,572 crore for the development of health facilities and services.
- The scheme Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana provides Rs 1,353 crore for free healthcare facilities, with insurance of up to Rs5 lakh per family for male recipients and up to Rs10 lakh per family for female beneficiaries.
- All health services, including medications, diagnostics, dialysis, cancer treatment, OT, ICU, and in-patient admission, are provided at no cost to all people in all government health facilities up to the district headquarters hospital level.
- In all public health centers, from Sub-Centers to Medical Colleges and Hospitals, all types of critical diagnostic tests are supplied free of charge to all categories of patients.
- The BSKY claim payout process will be handled by insurance firms.
- Families with a BSKY, BKKY, RSBY, BPL, or AAY card, as well as low-income certificate holders, can receive free treatment at all public health care facilities and 208 enrolled private hospitals beyond the District Headquarters Hospital level.
- The government would provide an additional Rs 200000 cover for women who are family beneficiaries.
Odisha Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Components
The following are some of the components of the scheme:-
- Drop Back Assistance: Pregnant mothers and Sikh children will be provided Rs. 500 as part of the public health facilities. Beneficiaries can take advantage of hospital delivery and treatment with the support of this assistance.
- Free Health Care Services- Regardless of the patient’s income status, free health care services will be offered to the recipients under this program. From the sub-center level to the district headquarters hospital level, people would be able to receive care.
- Health Insurance- The government would give Rs 5 lakh annual health coverage for inhabitants of states from the economically poorer part of society, and Rs 7 lakh annual healthcare benefits for female members of the family. This health insurance will benefit around 70 lakh financially deprived families.
Facilities Provided Under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2022
The facilities that are provided Under the scheme are given in the table below:
|Free Health Care facilities in government Health Care institutions|
|Health cover up to Rs 5 lakh per family and Rs 700000 for women members of the family|
Applicants who want to apply for the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana must fulfill the eligibility criteria put forward by the Government of Odisha. The eligibility criteria for Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2022 are as follows:
- Up to the level of the District Head Quarter Hospital, all households are eligible for free medical services at government health care institutions.
- All beneficiaries, regardless of their income, status, or residency, are eligible for free medical services at government health care facilities.
- The following groups of citizens are eligible for health insurance coverage of up to Rs 5 lakh per family and Rs 7 lakh for female family members:-
- The applicant must be an Odisha resident.
- Holder of a Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana card
- Cardholders of the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
- Holders of Antyodaya Anna Yojana cards
- Holders of a BPL card
- Families with an annual income of less than Rs 50000 in rural regions and less than Rs 60000 in urban areas are eligible.
While filling up the application form for scheme, some important documents will be needed by the applicants, make sure to keep them handy. The documents required for Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2022 are as follows:
- Biju Krishak Kalyan Yojana Card
- BPL Card
- Income certificate
- National Health Insurance Scheme Card
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana Card
Steps to Apply for Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2022
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for this scheme:-
- First of all, go to the official website of the Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- On the homepage, Click on the Apply Online button.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Click on the Application Form tab.
- An application form will open on the screen.
- Here, you have to enter all the asked details
- After that, upload all the required documents.
- Now, accept the declaration and enter the captcha code.
- Click on the Preview button.
- Once you will click on the preview button, the filled application form will open on the screen.
- Now, review and recheck all the details in the form to avoid any mistakes.
- Finally, click on the submit button to complete the application process.
For further details or in case of any query or complaint related to the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2022, feel free to contact on the below-given details:
- Contact Number: +91-674-2392479/80
- Email Id: email@example.com