The British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM is available for the subjects of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. This scholarship is available for the people who have been taking part in technical courses but are not able to gather the resources that they need to complete their course. However, this scholarship is only available for women participants. The people who are pursuing a master degree in a UK university will be eligible to apply for the scholarships. the students must be working in the STEM field. The scholarship is created in order to promote general equality. This scholarship will be offering a place to the students in the UK university. The students will be provided financial assistance to cover their tuition fees. Other fees of the students will also be covered such as their living expenses and their return flight.
Importance of supporting women in STEM fields
Women are often not provided equal opportunities to continue their education in the universities abroad so this scholarship is created. British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM is very diverse and it will provide opportunities to the women who continually prove themselves. The students will be awarded the opportunity to study in the UK university through the development of this scholarship and they will be provided the means through which they can continue their education without having to worry about the financial troubles. It is important to provide financial assistance to women who are pursuing a career in the STEM field because pursuing a career in the STEM field can be very expensive. The people can apply for this scholarship and it will definitely help them to overcome all of their difficulties easily.
Also Check: British Council Creative Economy Scholarships
Overview of the British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM
|Name||British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM|
|Launched by||British Council|
|Beneficiaries||Women in STEM|
|Application Process||Apply through your respective Institute|
|Official Website||British Council Scholarship|
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for the scholarship program:-
- The British Council is looking for women who:
- can take up a course of study in the UK for the academic year from September/October 2023 – 2024
- can demonstrate a need for financial support
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain access to one of the pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university (for Masters level) or completed all components of Ph.D. in the last three years (for Early Academic Fellowships)
- can attain the level of English required for postgraduate study/research at a UK university
- are active in the field with work experience or a proven interest in their subject area
- are passionate about their course of study and are willing to engage as committed British Council scholarship alumni
The candidates can check out the major information about the eligible countries for this scholarship from the pointers given below:
|For both Master’s Scholarships and Early Academic Fellowships||India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal or Sri Lanka Indonesia, Vietnam or Malaysia|
|For Masters Scholarships only||Albania, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, or Uzbekistan.TurkeyArgentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, or Venezuela.Egypt Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Philippines, or Thailand|
Impact of the Scholarship Program
British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM 2023 will have a huge impact upon the women who are pursuing courses in various subjects included in the field. The women will be able to continue their education without having to worry about the differences that they are going through in their personal life such as the financial differences and the inability of getting the return tickets to the UK. The students will also be able to get a place in the UK and they will be able to live in the country without having to worry about a minimum wage. The students will be able to get higher paying jobs through the development of the courses that are fulfilled with the help of the scholarship and they will be able to build their career around that job.
Non-Eligibility Of The Scheme
You are not eligible for a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM if you:
- Hold dual British citizenship
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative (*) of an employee of His Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions; the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office)
- Are an employee, a former employee, or a relative (*) of an employee of the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM–eligible countries
- Relatives are defined as parents or stepparents, siblings or stepsiblings, children or stepchildren, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple has been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years).
- Are you currently in receipt of financial support or funding for your study program in the UK from any other source?
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship or a UK institutional scholarship/financial bursary.
Benefits Of The Scholarship
The following financial benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this prestigious scholarship scheme:-
- academic prestige – the UK’s universities are amongst the world’s leaders in STEM subjects
- economic support will include tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa, and health coverage fees
- special support for mothers
- English language support
British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM 2023 Application Process
To apply for the British Council women in stem scholarship the candidates can check out the step-by-step procedure given below:
- Applications should be made directly to the participating universities
- You can make more than one application but need to apply through the preferred institution.
- Deadlines for applications for Master scholarships and Early Academic Fellowships may vary depending on the institution. Please check the deadlines with your chosen institution carefully to avoid any disappointment.
- Please ensure you check and meet all the eligibility requirements before applying.
- After submitting an application, you will then next hear directly from the university about the status of your application.
- British Council Division
- British High Commission
- 17 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
- New Delhi – 110 001
- For queries related to English courses, please call the central customer service team on 0120-4569000 / 6684353, Mon to Sat 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can alternately visit us in person from Monday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Delhi, Chennai, and Kolkata centers.
British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM FAQs
The scheme is open to women who are pursuing or planning to pursue a degree or career in STEM fields.
STEM fields include science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
To apply for a scholarship, you will typically need to complete an application form and provide additional materials, such as transcripts, essays, and letters of recommendation. The application can be submitted to the institute.
The scholarship may cover some or all of your expenses, depending on the program. Some scholarships may cover only tuition and fees, while others may also provide funds for books, housing, and other expenses.
Scholarship programs will typically notify applicants whether they have been selected for the scholarship or not. Notifications may be sent by mail, email, or through an online application system. You can also contact your institute.