To Ignite students’ Innovation and Entrepreneurship potential, IISER (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research) Pune offers a Comprehensive and Holistic Advertisement of the National Knowledge Yield and Analytics Chanakya Fellowship to motivate students who want to work in the broad area of smart devices and materials for Cyber-physical systems. Students pursuing final year undergraduate and postgraduate courses of science interested in Quantum Technology can apply for the Chanakya Fellowship
About Chanakya Fellowship 2023
The fellowship is being provided by the innovation-Hub Quantum Technology Foundation, a Section- 8 company owned by IISER Pune. It is funded by the Department of Science and Technology and works to cater towards Quantum Technology for delivering products, solutions, and services using Quantum Technology. IIT Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India invites applications for Chanakya Post-Doctoral Fellowship from Eligible and interested candidates. The Research Proposals are invited from motivated undergraduate and postgraduate students in education/research institutes in India to avail funding for fellowship-
- CHANAKYA Undergraduate Fellowship/ Post Graduate Fellowship in Quantum Technologies
- CHANAKYA Doctoral/ Post Doctoral Fellowship in Quantum Technologies
The area of the proposed work must be closely aligned with Quantum technologies and must be aligned with the goals of I- Hub QTF. The student applying for this grant should have identified a mentor/supervisor for carrying out the proposed project and must provide an endorsement from the mentor along with the application. The fellowship will be tenable at the institution where the mentor faculty is employed.
Also Read: Post-Doctoral Fellowship in India
General Conditions for Chanakya Fellowship
- The mentoring faculty member must be working or intend to work in an area relevant to quantum technologies and must be closely aligned with the goals and deliverables of I-Hub QTF (see annexure).
- Research proposals with mentoring faculty members in institutes having requisite infrastructure, laboratories for research in the areas of quantum technologies will be preferred.
- The supervisor/mentor must agree to provide facilities required for the research to be conducted by the candidate in line with the research proposal.
- The fellows appointed under this grant will be governed by the rules and regulations of the host institute. These fellowships will be valid at the host institute with the approved mentor for working on the problem submitted as part of the research proposal. Any change in any of these conditions will lead to a withdrawal of Chanakya fellowship.
- The undergraduate fellowship (Rs. 10,000/- per month) is tenable for a maximum of 6 months. The Post-graduate fellowships (Rs. 12,400/- per month) to work on MS thesis projects is tenable for a maximum of 6 months. Post-graduate fellowships (Rs. 12,400/- per month) for working on projects after completion of MS thesis is tenable for a maximum of 10 months. During the course of this fellowship, it is mandatory that the applicant should devote at least 50% of their time to working on this project.
- These fellowships are primarily targeted at final year undergraduate and postgraduate students, who wish to pursue projects in the area of quantum technologies. The postgraduate fellowships are also open for students who have completed their master’s degrees and wish to pursue a project in the area of quantum technologies.
- At the end of the fellowship, the fellowship holder and the faculty mentor will have to file a progress report to the monitoring committees as part of the review process.
- Host Institute can monitor the academic progress of the Chanakya fellowship holders (after they are appointed) as per the norms and rules of the host institute. Host Institute will take care of the fund’s disbursal as per the terms and conditions stated by I-Hub QTF.
- Incomplete applications and those received after the last date will not be considered.
Also Read: Sir Ratan Tata Post Doctoral Fellowship
|Activity||Start Date||Last Date|
|Undergraduate/ Post Graduate Fellowship||6th Nov 2023||3rd Dec 2023|
|Doctoral/Post-Doctoral Fellowship||5th Jun 2023||30th Nov 2023|
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Not be more than 35 years of age (to be relaxed as per Government of India guidelines)
- Hold a PhD degree with excellent ideas and working experience relevant to National Mission on Speech, Video and Text Analytics (NM-SVTA)
- Be NET/GATE qualified
- A CV in Pdf Format
- A research proposal (in pdf format, not exceeding 2 pages) clearly stating the aims and deliverables of the project.
- Clearly indicate in the proposal if you are applying for funding for an undergraduate or post-graduate fellowship.
- A consent letter from the mentor in the format given here.
Also Read: SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship
Procedure to Apply Under Chanakya Fellowship
To apply for the CHANAKYA Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Students Fellowships in Quantum Technologies:
- First you have to visit the Chanakya website of the Quantum Technology Foundation.
- On the Home page of Quantum Technology Foundation, you have to click on the “click to apply” tab.
- After that, the application form will appear on your screen,
- where you have to enter your name, email ID, phone number, and applicant’s CV.
- click on the next button where you have to enter other details.
- After filling in all the information correctly you have to click on the submit button
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Helpline Number: +91-20-2590 8647
Chanakya Fellowship 2023-24 FAQs
The Chanakya Fellowship is the fellowship program that provides job opportunities to the students
Applicants must not attain the age of 35 years and hold a Phd degree with excellent ideas.
The last date to apply under this fellowship for postgraduate is 3rd December and for post-doctoral is 30th November 2023
Applicants can apply under this fellowship by visiting https://www.quantech.org.in/