To support the students, many schemes are run by the state and Central Government. In this article, we are going to talk about one of such schemes named Chatra Protsahan Yojana Odisha 2023. This game has been launched by the Chief Minister of Orissa state for the students of the SC-ST category. Under this scheme, the government is going to provide free coaching to the beneficiaries for the competitive examinations. If you are interested in knowing in detail about the Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana then you should read the information given in this article very carefully till the end of the page. Underneath you will get the detail about the scheme such as eligibility criteria, the application process, documents required to apply for the scheme, and much other such information.
Chatra Protsahan Yojana Odisha 2023
Many students are unable to crack the competitive examination due to knowing the coaching classes they attend because of a lack of finance. The fees of coaching classes are not affordable for every student who belongs to financially weak families. Considering the fact, Chhatra Protsahan Yojana Odisha 2023 has been launched by the Scheduled Tribe & Scheduled Caste Development, Minorities & Backward Classes Welfare Department Government of Odisha. Under this scheme, the beneficiaries will get free coaching to crack the competitive examination for further studies in the field of engineering and medicine. The step of the Orissa Government will encourage the students of the SC/ST category to pursue further education in the field of Medical and Engineering.
Short Details of Chatra Protsahan Yojana Odisha
- Name of the scheme: Chatra Protsahan Yojana Odisha
- Launched by: Scheduled Tribe & Scheduled Caste Development, Minorities & Backward Classes Welfare Department Government of Odisha
- Launched for: Students
- No of Beneficiaries: 320
- Launched on: 4th October 2021
- Benefits:Free Coaching
- Year: 2021
- Mode of application: Online
- Official website:stsc.odisha.gov.in
Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana Launch
Chhatra Protsahan Yojana was launched on 4 October 2021. During the inauguration ceremony, members of parliament Dr. Amar Patnaik has distributed 200 tablets among the students who are going to benefit from this program. On the occasion memorandum of understanding has been signed between the government and coaching agencies to provide going to the students
Implementation of Chatra Protsahan Yojana Odisha
The Scheduled Tribe & Scheduled Caste Development, Minorities & Backward Classes Welfare Department Government of Odisha is going to identify the schools and establish them as Centre of Excellence to provide coaching to the students in different districts locations. In these centers along with the regular academic sessions, the students will be provided the necessary coaching to crack the State / National level Engineering & Medical Entrance Examinations.
Chatra Protsahan Yojana Odisha Objective
The major objective of the Scheduled Tribe & Scheduled Caste Development, Minorities & Backward Classes Welfare Department behind launching the “Chatra Protsahan Yojana” is to encourage the Scheduled Tribe & Scheduled Caste students towards pursuing their higher education in the field of engineering and medical. Many students of the SC/ST category are unable to pursue their academics in the field of engineering and medical due to lack of finance, lack of guidelines for the further course option, and many more reasons. To support these students and provide them with proper guidelines the government has started this scheme.
Benefits Of The Scheme
- Under the scheme, the government is going to provide free coaching classes to the scheduled caste and Scheduled tribe students.
- This scheme is beneficial for 320 class 10th pass meritorious students every year.
- Students will get two years of coaching in order to achieve success in the competitive exams.
- Multiple reputed coaching institutions have been shortlisted for providing coaching to the students.
- The government is going to regularly monitor the learning and knowledge levels of the students.
- With this scheme, students will be able to improve their fundamental concepts & prepare themselves without distracting their regular studies.
- Coaching will provide in both English and Odia language
- 7 Centre of excellence is going to open by the government at different locations to provide coaching.
- During the inauguration, the government also distributed 200 tablets to the students under this scheme.
- Students will get proper guidance, counseling, and any other support that is require.
Centre of Excellence
- These centre has been selects by the state government of Odisha.
- Under these centres the training is provided in both English and Odia language
- Training will provide to the students for entrance examination to be held in the year 2023 for Engineering and Medical courses.
- Customized syllabus and pattern of the examination is followed as per the previous examination.
- Time to time feedback sessions will be by the centres.
- To leave the course students need to take prior permission from the concerned authorities.
- These institutes provide the better study environment qnd proper guidance to the students.
Chatra Protsahan Yojana Odisha Eligibility Criteria
- An only natives of the Odisha state can grab the benefits of this scheme.
- Applicant must belong to Schedule caste or Schedule Tribe category
- He/She must possess a 10th standard examination passing certificate from a recognized board.
- Applicant must desire to pursue his/ her further education in the field of engineering or medical.
- Aadhar card
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Email ID
- Income certificate
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
- Proof of age
- Ration card
- Residence certificate
Selection of the students under this scheme will be on a merit basis. For the selection, the government is going to conduct a screening test. A merit list will prepare on the basis of the marks obtain in the screening test. The government is going to maintain the ratio of 9:1 for the selection of scheduled tribe and scheduled caste students.
- The District offices will be the monitoring officer for the project.
- Senior-level department officer will closely monitor the progress.
Expected Outcomes from Training Agencies
- Training institutes have to start the coaching within 15 days after receiving the work order.
- From the Student start, 100% of students must secure at least 60% marks in the 12th Board examinations.
- 20% of students of mathematics stream get coaching in the center must secure their admission in NIT, IIT or any State government or Central government college
- At least 10% of Biology students must have taken admitted in Medical College and 10% of students must secure their admission in any of the following courses:
- BSc nursing,
- BSC agriculture etc
Odisha Chatra Protsahan Yojana 2023 Registration Procedure
- To apply for the scheme applicants should rush to the official website of the Scheduled Tribe & Scheduled Caste Development, Minorities & Backward Classes Welfare Department Government of Odisha
- From the home page of the portal, you have to search for the “Chatra Protsahan Yojana” related link
- Read the information very carefully and then click on the apply link
- As you hit the application form will open on the computer screen, enter all the mandatory details in the application
- Upload the documents as listed above in the prescribed form and read the details you entered carefully
- If you think no change is require in the application and all the details you enter is accurate then hit submit button
- Take print of the application for further use if required.
Points To Remember
Before applying for any scholarship program, the applicant must keep these points in mind to avoid any kind of mishappening.
- The applicant must check the eligibility for applying for the scholarship program.
- Do not wait for the last date to apply for the scholarship.
- Enter the details in the application form as per your educational certificate detail.
- Affix your recently clicked photograph on the application form.
- Keep all your documents ready before applying for the scholarship.
- You must have a valid and active mobile number that will remain active in the upcoming days.
- You must have a valid and effective email ID.
- Prefer using a laptop or desktop for the online submission of the scholarship form.
- Avoid using mobile phones for online submission of scholarship forms.
- Check the details carefully before final submission
- Phone:(0674) 2536672
- E-mail: email@example.com
No, this scheme is specially designed for the SC/ST category students of the state only.
Yet there is no information related to the starting of the application form submission process by the department.
Authorities are going to hold the screening test and on the basis of the result of the screening test, candidates’ selection will be made.
No, only meritorious students who get higher rank in the screening test will be benefited under this scheme.
The students will get coaching for 2 years during their academic schooling of XI & XII standard. The coaching classes will go side by side for competitive exams like NEET, JEE, AIIMS (UG), etc.