CSIR Emeritus Scientist 2023 CSIR is a pioneer in supporting R&D activities in the country. It started extramural research support to scientists working in universities and R&D institutions way back in 1943 with ‘Research Schemes’ vide Department of Commerce Resolution No. 148.Ind.(157)/41 dated 26th September 1942. CSIR has initiated various schemes over the years to benefit students to pursue their research interests in various areas of science & technology, the most noteworthy among these is CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test for JRF and Eligibility for Lectureship.
CSIR’s role in S&T human resource development is noteworthy. Research Fellowships have been identified as one of the functions of the Council vides Department of Commerce Resolution No. 148.Ind.(157)/41 dated 26th September 1942. Presently, CSIR has been supporting a large number of research fellows/associates in pursuing their doctoral and postdoctoral research in universities and R&D institutions across the country.
What Is CSIR Emeritus Scientist 2023?
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India, a premier national R&D organization, is among the world’s largest publicly funded R&D organizations. CSIR’s pioneering sustained contribution to S&T human resource development is acclaimed nationally. Human Resource Development Group (HRDG), a division of CSIR realizes this objective through various grants, fellowship schemes, etc. Human Resource Development Group has been contributing significantly towards producing an inquiring society and a fast-growing knowledge economy. These numerous schemes cover a wide range of scientists. In this article, we will provide you with brief information about the scholarship, its objective, benefits, eligibility criteria, application procedure, and much more.
Also Read: Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship
Key Highlights of Scientist
|Conducted by||Human Resource Development Group Council of Scientific and Industrial Research|
|Name of Programme||CSIR Emeritus Scientist 2023|
|Objective||It started extramural research support for scientists working in universities and R&D institutions|
|Benefits||Provides financial assistance to superannuated scientist|
|Eligibility Criteria||A scientist who is an acknowledged expert in the field of specialization|
Objective of CSIR Emeritus Scientist
- The main motive of the CSIR Emeritus Scientist program is to promote and foster the up-gradation of the stroke of well-qualified, highly specialized scientists, engineers, and technologists for R&D of all disciplines of Science and Technology in the country.
- To have an integrated approach to National Human Resource Development for Science, Engineering, and Technology by encouraging and promoting research in the Universities and Institutes of Higher Learning.
- To invest in basic and interdisciplinary research that is the harbinger of the high-tech technology of tomorrow.
Benefits of CSIR Emeritus Scientist
- The grant consists of (i) Scientist Allowance of Rs.20,000/- p.m. to the Emeritus Scientist (ES) for the duration of his/her tenure, (ii) suitable contingent grant per annum, and (iii) technical assistance in the form of research fellows/associates.
|Position||1st & 2nd year||3rd & Subsequent year|
|RA||The consolidated emoluments will be under the following three slabs spending on qualification and experience: Rs-47000/-Rs-49000/-Rs-54000/-||The consolidated emoluments will be under the following three slabs spending on qualification and experience: Rs-47000/-Rs-49000/-Rs-54000/-|
- A scientist who is an acknowledged expert in the field of his specialization and has been actively engaged in scientific research during the preceding five years of superannuation will be eligible for grants under this scheme.
- The quality of publications of the scientist including those during the last 5 years prior to his retirement and the honors and awards received by him will be the important criteria for selection under the scheme.
The following documents need to be provided to CSIR immediately after the receipt of the sanction letter:
- A certificate by the ES countersigned by the Head of the Department/ Institution that no other aid-giving agency is funding the work proposed to be done under the scheme sanctioned by CSIR
- An agreement in the prescribed Form-A on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs 10/-(each page duly signed by ES)
- Date of commencement
- RBI EFT Form (Form-K).
Submission of New Attendance Certificate in new FMS regarding will update soon
Also Check: SERB Core Research Grant
Application Procedure for CSIR Emeritus Scientist 2023
- The applicant first visits the CSIR website of CSIR Emeritus Scientist 2023.
- The homepage will appear on your screen where all the information regarding the program is available.
- Now scroll down to click on the “Forms” link.
- Now the forms will appear on your screen. Where you have to choose your convenience form and fill in all the details which are required and fill all the documents.
- After filling in all the information correctly click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
- Human Resource Development Group
- CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa
- New Delhi 110 012 India
- Email : headhrdg[at]csirhrdg[dot]res[dot]in
- Fax : + 91 – 011 – 2584 0887
- EPABX Lines: + 91 – 011 – 25841582, 25841492, 25842493, 25841701, 25842729