CSIR Young Scientist Award 2023 related to all the information are available in this article. The award is presented by the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research every year to the deserving scientist. The scheme was started for the first time in the year 1987 to motivate young scientists and promote excellence in the various fields of Science and Technology. Organizations invite nominations of eligible scientists for the award. To submit the nomination you may check the eligibility criteria, documents required to submit, and other relevant details from the further section.
What Is CSIR Young Scientist Award 2023?
CSIR Young Scientist Award has been started for the young scientist who is engaged in research work in any of the Council of Scientific & industrial research laboratories or institutes. Under this scheme award will be given to the deserving candidate who is pursuing research work in the field of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Engineering Sciences, or Physical Sciences. The award will be presented to the awardee on 26 September every year on the foundation day of the CSIR.
Highlights Of Award
- Name of the scheme: CSIR Young Scientist Award
- Launched by: Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
- Launched for: young scientists
- Benefits: Various
- Mode of application: offline
- Official site: www.csirhrdg.res.in
Objective Of CSIR Young Scientist Award
The objective of the Council of scientific and industrial Research behind starting the young scientists’ award is to promote excellence and recognize outstanding contributions made by young scientists for their work done primarily in India during the last five years.
Benefits/ Features Of CSIR Young Scientist Award
- Award will give to the scientist who are doing research work in the following field
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences,
- Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences,
- Engineering Sciences
- Physical Sciences (including instrumentation)
- The award winner will get a cash prize of rupees 50000 and a plaque
- A special honorarium of rupees 7500 per month will give to the awardee till he or she attend the age of 45 years
- The beneficiary will also get a research grant of 20 500000 rupees over a period of 5 years which is normally rupees 5 lakh per annum per CSIR young scientist awardee
- Applicant should be a scientist who is engage in research work in any of the CSIR laboratories/ institutes
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 35 years as of 26th September of the preceding year
- The applicant should be your regular scientific staff of the CSIR system
- Applicant should not have joined the CSIR laboratory prior to 26 September of the previous year
Along with the nomination form following documents are require to submit:
- CD/ DVD/ USB flash drive containing
- Digital photograph ( in JPEG format)
- Softcopy of duly filled proforma and reprints (in PDF format)
- Self-attested copy of the certificate of age.
- An advisory committee will form for the selection of the candidate
- Nominees have to brief their work in a presentation form of 15 minutes in front of the advisory committee
- Then selected candidates will go for the five minutes question-answer session/ discussion
- The advisory committee will forward their recommendation to the governing body of CSIR
- The final decision to provide the award will take by the governing body
- The selected candidate will get a ward on 26 September, CSIR Foundation Day every year.
- The last date of submission of the application will update soon
CSIR Young Scientist Award 2023 Application Procedure
Directors/ Chairperson of Research Councils / Bhatnagar Awardees can purpose nomination of the scientist who is working with CSIR libraries or institutes. A person can submit a maximum of nominations in each discipline. To submit the nomination you have to download a prescribed format. A direct link to download the format of the nomination form is given below. Fill out the application form in the prescribed format and submit it to Scientist Incharge – SSB YSA Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110 012, Email: email@example.com