Disability Certificate Apply Online 2023 can be done from the official website of the Unique disabled ID which is created by the Indian government in order to provide a unique ID to all physically disabled candidates. The applicants can check out the details related to the disability certificate from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures through which you will be able to get a disability certificate without having to worry about the hurdles in your way. You can also check out the documents which are required in order to apply for the disability certificate given below.
About Disability Certificate Apply Online 2023
If you are a permanent resident of India then you will be eligible to apply for the disability certificate if you are suffering from any differences. The applicants can fill out the application form for the Disability Certificate Apply Online by visiting the official website of the Unique disability ID. This is a platform which is created by the Indian government in order to segregate all disabled people in one place so that they can get a lot of opportunities without having to worry about the disability certificate and the need to always be present at a particle or place in order to get the benefit. You can fill out the application form from the official website if you need the disability certificate.
Also Check: Income Certificate Apply Online
Objective Of Disability Certificate Apply Online
The disability certificate is mainly issued by the Department of empowerment of persons with disabilities which is under the Government of India. All the applicants are provided with a unique disability ID under this project so that there is a proper platform that is used in order to segregate the disabled people in one place and provide them ID so that they can use these ids at particular spaces in India. You can fill out the application form for the disability Certificate online or you can visit your nearest customer service center in order to apply for this disability certificate. The disability certificate is only provided to people who are suffering from more than 40% of disability.
The following services will be available to all the people who are applying for the disability certificate:-
- Scholarship schemes that are available for students with disabilities
- Reduction in income tax
- Discount on railway fare
- Reservation in government jobs
- Loan facilities for starting a new business
- Free travel facility in state transportation
- Access to assistive devices and prosthetic aids at subsidized rates
- Unemployment allowance (applicable for educated disabled persons)
- Group insurance (applicable for government employees with disabilities)
- Subsidy to buy adapted vehicles and many others
The following people will be able to successfully apply for the physical disability certificate in India:-
- Physical Disabilities –
- Visual Impairment – Blindness, Low-vision
- Locomotor Disability – Leprosy cured person, Cerebral palsy, Dwarfism, Muscular dystrophy, Acid attack victims
- Hearing Impairment – Deaf, Hard of hearing
- Speech and Language Disability
- 2. Intellectual Disabilities –
- Specific learning disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorder
- 3. Mental Behavior –
- Mental Illness
- 4. Disability Caused due to –
- Chronic neurological conditions – Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease
- Blood disorder – Haemophilia, Thalassemia, Sickle cell disease
- 5. Multiple disabilities – More than one of the disabilities specified above
- 6. Any other category – As notified by the central government
Validity Of The Certificate
The disability certificate is provided based on the type of disability the student is going through and the medical authority will issue the certificate by clearly mentioning the period for which the certificate will remain valid. Sometimes, the certificate can remain valid for life long in case of permanent disability but you have to renew your disability certificate after a period of 5 years.
The following documents are required in order to apply for the disability certificate:-
- Recent color photograph of the applicant
- Signature/thumbprint of the applicant (optional)
- Address proof (Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, Domicile Certificate, Voter ID, etc.)
- Identity proof (Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Ration Card, Voter ID, etc.)
- Income proof
- Caste certificate (applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates only)
- Disability certificate (applicable for those individuals who already have already been issued a disability certificate by a competent authority)
Also Check: Caste Certificate Apply Online
Disability Certificate Apply Online 2023
To apply for the certificate you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the Official Website of the UDID card by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen
- You have to click on the Register button to create your account
- Now you need to enter your personal details and disability details
- Enter your employment details if any and then identity details
- Upload all of your documents and register yourself now
- You have to log in using your enrollment number and your registered mobile number
- Now you have to click on the option called Apply Online For Disability Certificate.
- Upload the required documents and submit the data to the CMO Office/medical authority.
- The CMO office/medical authority verifies the data and assigns the concerned specialist(s) for assessment.
- The specialist doctor will assess the disability of the candidates and give his/her opinion.
- The case is then reviewed by the medical board and a disability percentage is assigned.
- The disability certificate and UDID are generated by the CMO Office after which the UDID card will be dispatched to the disabled persons.
- Shri D.K.Panda
- (Under Secretary)
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Room No. 517, B-II Block, Antyodaya Bhawan,
- CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
- New Delhi – 110003 (India)