Income proof is one of the most Documents Required for Income Certificate In India that is required when you are applying for any kind of welfare opportunity or scholarship because it is important to prove that you belong to the low-income group of society. If you are coming from an economically backward section of society and you want to apply for any type of welfare scheme then it is required to fill out the application form for the income proof that will be available in a form of a certificate.
Students can fill out the application for income proof by visiting the official websites presented by government organizations. It is important to show your income proof whenever you are applying for any type of scholarship because then only the government will be able to help you to continue your education in higher institutes if you do not have proper financial opportunities for that.
Objective Of The Scheme
The main objective of the Documents Required for Income Certificate In India is to provide people with the details related to the income criteria that they belong to and if you are someone who is applying for a welfare scheme then also you need to apply for the income proof.
When you are preparing for any type of scholarship exam then also you are required to apply for income proof because this is one of the main documents that you will have to submit along with your application form and then you will be judged on the basis of your income criteria. Make sure to fill out the application form for the income certificate as soon as possible once you have filled out the application form for the scholarship and then you will be called for an interview round where you will have to showcase all of your documents with correct information.
Also Check: Income Certificate Apply Online
Documents Required for Income Certificate In India
The following list of documents is required if you want to apply for the income certificate in India:
- Income tax return (ITR)- This is one of the most important documents that you need to submit and it can be used for bank loans, visa processes, and more.
- Salary Slip- If you are not paying your income tax and you belong to the lower slab of the income tax then you will also have to submit your salary slip because it has important information regarding your income.
- Bank Statements- If you have a small business or you are an individual who does not receive any type of salary then you can submit your bank statement because it will show a clear record of the overall payment that you have received in the last financial year.
- Form 16- Form 16 is issued by employers to the employees. It specifies the TDS (tax deducted at source) and salary earned in a financial year. It has details like employee salary, deductions, allowances, TDS, and more.
- Rental Receipts or Rent Agreements- If you are someone who is earning from rent then you can show a clear record of the rent that you are receiving as your income proof by showing your rental receipts or rental agreements.
- Profit and Loss Statement- Profit and loss statements indicate the business expenses and generated revenue. This statement carries credibility as income proof.
- Professional Practice Certificate- Chartered accountants, doctors, lawyers, architects, and others need to provide a certificate of Professional Practice. This document is provided by the respective professional body of a professional. It shows the individual’s income earned by professional practices.
- Dividend Statements- Dividend statements are submitted by the investors receiving income from mutual funds or dividends. These statements are provided by the concerned investment company for an individual at a particular time.
- BPL/Ration Card- BPL/Ration cards consist of the details about the total family members. So, it is important to get all the information about the family income of an individual.
- Affidavit for Single Parent/Orphan Child- If an applicant has a single parent alive or is an orphan child, then they need to submit an affidavit for the same (with their own/parent’s income proof).
- Certificate/Letter signed or stamped by Gram Panchayat- Gram Panchayat signed or stamped certificate/letter is considered as address proof in a few cases.
Also Read: NSP Bonafide Certificate
Documents Required for Income Certificate In India Application Procedure
- You will first have to visit the Income Certificate website of the e-district of your particular state or your particular City.
- The home page will open on your screen and then you have to register yourself on the official website
- You have to click on the option called Issuance Of Income Certificate
- Now the PDF of the application form will open on your screen.
- You have to take a printout of the application form and then attach the affidavit with all the other required documents.
- You need to some matter the form online or you can submit the application form to the sub-divisional magistrate’s office.
- The application number will be provided by the authorities which you need to keep safe and secure.
FAQs Documents Required for Income Certificate In India 2023
Income tax return (ITR), salary slip, bank statements, Form 16, BPL/Ration card, affidavit for single parent/orphan child, certificate/letter signed or stamped by Gram Panchayat, rental receipts/rent agreement, profit and loss statement, professional practice certificate, rent receipts for house property, and dividend statements are income proofs.
If you want to apply for the income certificate in India then you will have to visit the official website and fill out the application form by submitting all of your documents.
You can submit your income tax return in order to apply for the income certificate however only your income tax return will not be sufficient as proof of income
It will take you 15 days in order to get your income certificate delivered to you by the concerned authorities but you will have to apply for the certificate online