Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship is an initiative of the University Grant Commission. This scheme is for Post-doctoral research students who are unemployed yet. Under this scheme, the commission will select eligible candidates and give them fellowship work opportunities. Various benefits will be given by the commission to the selected aspirants. Interested aspirants may collect the relevant information about the scheme from this article and apply for the opportunity by seeking an online application.
About Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2023 scheme is for Ph.D. degree holders. No of the slots available under this scheme is 200 every year. This scheme is for a period of three years. Tenure duration is non-extendable further. Contenders have to join the fellowship within three months from the date of the award letter issued. For candidates who are unable to join the fellowship, the award will be treated as canceled. For more detailed information read the underneath session of this article.
Also Check: Kothari Fellowship
Highlights of Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship
|Name of the scheme||Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship|
|Awarded by||University Grant Commission|
|No of slots available||200|
|Awarded to||Post-doctoral research students|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Official website||Dr. S. Radharkrishnan|
|Opening date of submission of application||Notified Soon|
|Closing date of submission of application||Notified Soon|
Objective of Fellowship
The main purpose of UGC behind this fellowship scheme is to provide an opportunity to carry out advanced studies and research in Humanities and Social Sciences including languages in Indian Universities/Colleges/ Institutions.
|Fellowship||Rs. 38,800/- for 1st year Rs. 40,300/- for 2nd year Rs. 41,900/- for 3rd year|
|Contingency||Rs. 50,000 p.a. for three years|
|Escorts/Reader assistance||Rs. 2000/- p.m. (fixed) in case of PWD candidates|
- The age of the candidates should not be more than 35 years.
- Relaxation will be given by 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/Women/PWD (Persons with Disabilities) category.
- Unemployed candidates are eligible to apply for the fellowship
- The minimum marks of the candidates at the UG level should be 55% (50% for reserved category) and 60% at the PG Level (55% for reserved category)
Disbursement Of Fellowship Benefits
The amount will be transferred directly to the beneficiary’s account through UGC designated bank.
Transfer Of Research Place
University/College/Institute reserves the right to transfer the research place as per the intimation made by the UGC and designated agency only once during the tenure period.
Scrutiny of filled out online application will be made first and selected candidates need to appear before the expert committee, constituted by the Commission. (No TA/DA will be given for the interview).
Also Read: Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship
Procedure to Apply for Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- To seek an application, open the Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Fellowship website of the University Grant Commission.
- From the home page go to the Scholarship/Fellowships column & hit view all option
- Look for the “Dr. S. Radharkrishnan Post-Doctoral Fellowship In Humanities And Social Sciences” link and hit the see detailed info option or Click Here
- Read the detailed information available in the notification
- Now look for the apply link and register yourself first by filling out the registration form
- Complete the registration and login by using ID & Password
- Fill out the detailed application form and upload the documents in the prescribed format in the specified size.
- Submit the application form after reviewing all the information you entered in the application
- Remember to get a hard copy of the application form for future use