Electronic passports will be provided by the Indian government to all of the residents of the country through which the check-in time of the customers will be decreasing by 50% and you will be able to travel abroad without having to worry about carrying your passport every now and then. You can check out the details related to E-Passport India 2023 launch date from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the specifications related to the application online process details. You can also check out the various specifications related to this scheme presented by the Indian government.
E-Passport India 2023
The Government of India has launched electronic passports for the citizens of India and now the citizens can apply for a passport by following the official website of the Indian government. Electronic passports will be launch in the year 2023 for all the citizens who want to get passports within the comfort of their own houses and who do not want to travel anywhere in order to collect their passports. The passport will have a chip like the driving license of the Indian residence and the electronic passport will have details related to the photo of the resident and also the signature of the resident. The resident will also have to give a fingerprint in order to make the passport successfully. The candidates will now be able to make their passports easily as compared to the traditional methods.
Objective Of E-Passport India
The electronic passport feature is present by the Indian government in order to remove all of the difficulties that the residents have to face while making their hard copies of their passports in India. A plastic chip card will be developed by the Indian Government in Nashik and through the chip card, the electronic passport will be presented by the authorities. 20 lakh electronic passports will be issued before the month of June in the year 2023 and this will also help in decreasing the immigration check time by 50%. The passport will be fully compliant with the norms and regulations set by the Indian Government. You can apply for the password by going to the official website.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for an electronic passport:-
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- The passport will only be available to the permanent citizens of India.
- The passport will also be available to NRI.
- The applicant must be above the age of 5 years.
The following documents are required in order to successfully make an electronic passport in India:-
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Matric Certificate
- Date Of Birth Certificate
E-Passport India 2023 Application Process
To apply for the electronic passport you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of Passport Seva Kendra by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage will open on your screen.
- You have to register yourself by filling out the registration form available on the screen.
- Enter all of the details present in the application form.
- Upload all of the documents presented by the organization.
- Successfully submit the application form and keep the acknowledgment number safe and secure.
- You will have to give an interview and then you will be provided your passport accordingly.