The International Women’s Media Foundation is seeking applications for its 2022-23 Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship program that gives academic and professional opportunities to the woman journalist committed to human rights and Social justice reporting. The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship was created in memory of the Boston Globe Correspondent and IWMF Courage in Journalism Award 1998 winner Elizabeth Neuffer who died while reporting in Iraq on the 9th of May 2003. If you want to get more information about the Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship then continue to read this article. Here we will provide each and every detail about the Fellowship, its eligibility criteria, benefits, objective, application procedure, and much more.
Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship 2022-23
The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship gives academic and professional opportunities to journalists committed to human rights and Social justice reporting. The fellowship was created after the death of Elizabeth Neuffer. Under Scholarship the candidates who are selected for the fellowship spend a fall semester at the Centre for International Studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT) and the Boston Globe. The Neuffer fellows are also able to audit classes at other local universities including Haward. After the fall semester, the selected fellows will spend two months in New York City interning the New York Times.
With the knowledge they gain from these academic and professional opportunities, fellows return to work as journalists in their home countries where they advance Elizabeth Neuffer’s work in the fields of Human rights and Social justice.
Key Highlights for Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship for women
|Name of Fellowship||Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship for Women’s|
|Objective||An opportunity for the women journalist|
|Benefits||Received a fixed monthly stipend|
|Type of funding||Fellowship|
Objective of Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship for Women’s
The International Women’s Media Foundation is conducting an Elizabeth Fellowship program that gives academic and professional opportunities to women journalists committed to human rights and Social justice reporting. The fellowship is started in the memory of the Boston Globe correspondent and IWMF courage in journalism award winner Elizabeth Scholarship.
Benefits of Fellowship
- The fellows receive a fixed monthly stipend to cover their living costs.
- The IWMF purchases round-trip economy airfare from the fellow’s place of residence to Washington DC as well as transportation between the fellowship cities.
- The fellows receive health insurance during the program.
- The fellowship does not include a salary.
- The following is fully responsible for additional incidental expenses and other costs.
- The IWMF also arranges and covers the cost of housing in Cambridge and New York City for the fellows.
- The Neuffer Fellowship is open to women and non-binary journalists whose work focuses on human rights and social justice issues.
- All applicants for the fellowship must be working journalists with at least three years of full-time professional Journalism experience. Internship and journalism-related work completed as a University student do not count as professional experiences. Applicants may be affiliated or freelance journalists.
- Any candidate can apply for the fellowship and are eligible. However, applicants must speak, read and write English fluently in order to fully participate in and benefit from the fellowship.
- The application registration will be started on- Updated Soon
- The deadline for registration is- Updated Soon
Elizabeth Neuffer Schedule
- June 2023- Elizabeth Neuffer Fellow will be selected
- January 2023- Fellowship degrees in Boston with an internship at the Boston Globe and research work at MIT’s Center for international studies.
- May 2023- Fellows moves to New York for an internship at the New York Times.
- June 2023- Fellowship Ends
Application Procedure for Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship
- The applicant first visits the official website of IWMF.
- The home page will appear on a screen where you have to scroll down and click on the 2023 Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship link.
- Then you have to read all the eligibility criteria, application schedule, and other information then you have to click on Create your account tab.
- Now enter your username, password, email, name, and last name.
- Now fill in all the details and click on the signup button.
- After that, the registration page will appear on the screen where you have to enter your all the required details and upload the documents.
- After filling in all the details correctly click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
- 1625 K Street NW, Suite 1275
- Washington, DC 20006, USA
- (+1) 202-496-1992