All the researchers, professionals, Ph.D. scholars and teachers who are looking for an opportunity to do teaching and research in the U.S will need to apply under the Fulbright Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowship 2023-24. This fellowship programme was introduced by the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF). The selected fellows will get an opportunity to do seminars, workshops, and create a curriculum by the U.S. Institution who is hosting for the fellowship. The fellowship programmes will be of 4 to 9 months. And the selected fellows will receive a monthly stipend. The selected Indian scholars will be selected on the basis of the application form and personal interview session. After the selection scholars will receive J-1 Visa, health insurance, and pre-departure orientation. All the fellows who want to apply for the fellowship programme must do registration before the 17th of July 2023.
About Fulbright Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowship 2023-24
Fulbright Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowship was started by the United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) with the motive of building an educational relationship between the nationals of India and the U.S. Through the fellowships students, researchers, scholars, and teachers get an opportunity to visit the host institution for their research, teaching and combination of both teaching and researching. The applications will be accepted for the following subject: Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Chemistry; Computer Science, Energy Studies; History; Language/Literature/Linguistics; Materials Science, etc. The Fellowship is now becoming India’s largest fellowship program which provides 20,0000 fellowships and awards to indians. The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) will organise all the events for fellows which include their arrival orientation in August and the final fulbright review conference will be held in March.
Also Read: Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowship
Objective of Fulbright Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowship 2023-24
The main aim of United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) behind the implementation of Fulbright fellowship programmes is to develop a bridge of relationship between India, US and many other countries through education. The researchers, Ph.D scholars, Indian faculties, and teachers who are highly experienced get an opportunity to do research and teaching in U.S. host institutions. Where they get multiple benefits like- Visa, monthly stipend, travelling in economy class and much more. The fellows will develop their knowledge and experience the best quality of guidance or share their talent to make our country proud. To do teaching abroad will be a great opportunity to make your own identity and make your country proud. The fellowship programme will be of 4 to 9 months.
The fellows need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to be eligible for the fellowship programme:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- Candidates must have a Phd degree holder with at least 5 years of experience in the field of teaching, research, and professional experience.
- Applicants need to submit their recent research/publication in online mode with not more than 30 pages.
- If any of the fellow is involved in other job related work, then they need to clearly follow the guidelines allotted for them. The employer needs to submit the application with the indication of fellowship leave.
- Employers need to submit the letter of support from the Home Institution from the relevant administrative authority.
- Fellows who work outside the academy must attach a master’s degree and 5 years experience.
Benefits of Fulbright Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowship
Following advantages will be received by the fellows after the selection under the fellowship programme:
- The fellows will receive J-1 Visa
- Monthly Stipend
- Round trip in economy class
- Accident & Sickness program for exchange in accordance with the government of US guidelines.
- Professional Allowance
- Slow moving allowance
- A dependent allowance and international travel depend on the guarantee of an 8 to 9 month grant.
Here is a list of important events with their tentative dates:
- Last date for the registration of application form: 17th of July 2023
- Review of Application form: September 2023
- Review Outcome result: Early October 2023
- National interview of selected candidates: Early November 2023
- USIEF Announce the Finalist: April 2024
- Pre-DEparture Orientation: May/June 2024
- Starting of the Fellowship programme: August/September 2024
Also Check: Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship
Application Procedure for Fellowship 2023-24
- Applicants first need to visit the Fulbright Fellowship Website of USIEF Portal.
- The homepage will appear on your screen, where you have to Scroll down to click on the Fulbright Scholarship option.
- Now the Fulbright Scholarship page will appear on your screen. Here you have to click on the Fulbright Nehru scholarship.
- Now the Fulbright Nehru Fellowship page will appear on your screen. A list of fellowships will appear on your screen.
- From here, you have to select the Fulbright Nehru Academy and Professional Excellence Fellowship option.
- On this page you have to Scroll down, and you will see the application process steps where you have to click on the Application form option.
- Now if you are a first time user then click on the Registration button.
- Here fill the necessary details such as:
- Email id
- First name
- Last name
- Date of Birth
- After that click on the continue button. Now you will receive an OTP on your email address.
- Enter the OTP at the required place then complete your registration process.
- After that you have filled the required details under your application form and attached the necessary documents in PDF format.
- Now fill the grant and other information then click on the submit button.
The selection of the Researchers, Teachers and Professional will be done on the basis of the application form and the personnel interview session. You need to qualify the eligibility criteria to eliminate any consequences.
Terms & Conditions
- The candidate who wants to apply for the fellowship programme must apply for any one programme either you apply for the Nehru Fellowship or Fulbright Kalam grants.
- If any candidate provides the duplicate researcher in their application then they will be disqualified.
- Application form for Fellowship should submit online.
- If any of the applicants submit an application form after the last date then it will not be considered.
- Sponsorship of the visa will not transfer and extend.
- The total grant has a minimum duration of four months and a maximum duration of six months.
- If you have any query then please contact through the given details:
- United States-India Educational Foundation
- 12 Hailey Road
- New Delhi 110 001
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Tel.: +91-11-4209-0909/2332-8944
- Fax: +91-11-2332-9718
Fulbright Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowship 2023-24 FAQs
The fellowship programmes will be of 4 to 9 months. And the selected fellows will receive a monthly stipend.
Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Chemistry; Computer Science, Energy Studies; History; Language/Literature/Linguistics; Materials Science, etc.
Candidates must have a Phd degree holder with at least 5 years of experience in the field of teaching, research, and professional experience.