To provide opportunities among the students of India to continue their studies in Singapore, the Global Indian International School has launched a new scholarship known as GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship. Under this scheme, financial assistance will be provided to pursue education in Singapore for 2 years. In this article today we will share with you all the important information related to GIIS Singapore Global Citizen Scholarship 2023 such as the objective, eligibility criteria, important documents, and rewards. Also, we will share with you all the step-by-step application procedures to apply under this scheme.
About GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship
A new scholarship has been created by Global Indian International School for children who have recently passed their class 10th and want to continue higher education in Singapore. Under GIIS Singapore Global Citizen Scholarship, financial assistance will be provided to the student which includes tuition fees, boarding lodging, and travel expenses for 2 years. The main aim of launching this scheme is to provide opportunities to the student by giving them a comparable learning experience in Queenstown Singapore. All interested applicants who want to avail of the benefit under this scheme will have to visit the official website of Global Indian International School.
Also Read: QUAD Fellowship
Details Of GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship
|Name of the scheme||GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship|
|Launched by||Global Indian International School|
|Beneficiaries||The student who have passed class 10th|
|Objective||To provide educational opportunities in Queenstown Singapore|
|Benefits||To provide an incompatible learning experience|
|Scholarship Amount||SGD 90,000 per student|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Official Website||Global Citizen|
Objective Of GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship
There are many students who after completing their tenth want to pursue higher education with strong academic and co-curricular credentials. But staying at the same place doesn’t open their mind to these curricular activities. By keeping this in view the Global Indian International School has launched a new scholarship known as GIIS Singapore Global Citizen Scholarship. Under this scheme, educational opportunities will be provided to the students who have passed their class 10 in Queenstown Singapore. The main objective of launching this scheme is to provide better educational opportunities to the children so that they would be able to continue their education without thinking about any financial hurdles.
Schedule Of GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship
|First date to apply||Update Soon|
|Written test||Update Soon|
|Declaration of result for written test||Update Soon|
|Final list of selected student||Update Soon|
Note:- Above given schedule is tentative as it may vary according to the situation of the country or as per the norms given by the concerned authorities
Also Read: Indian Girls Scholarships
The applicant will be selected based on the following selection procedure:-
- The scholarship will be awarded basis of the applicant’s academic performance in Grade 10 board exams, scholarship online exam, and interviews
The selected Scholars under this Scholarship will get the scholarship amount worth SGD 90,000 per student. The expenses which are covered under this scholarship amount for the two years are as follows
- Tuition fees
- Travel expenses
Benefits And Features Of GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship
- A new scholarship has been created by Global Indian International School
- The name of this scholarship is GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship
- The main aim of this scholarship is to provide educational opportunities to children who have passed class 10.
- Students under this scheme will be able to study for education in Queenstown Singapore
- A scholarship of the amount of SGD 90,000 will be provided to each selected student.
- This scholarship amount will cover the expenses like tuition fees boarding lodging and travel expenses
- Students will be able to make their future bright with the help of this scholarship.
- The students under GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship will get the opportunities for building a better future.
- This scholarship will help in keeping them an incomparable learning experience
- Students under this scheme will become confident and will take more part in co-curricular activities
- All the interested applicants who want to apply for the GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship will have to visit the official website of Global Indian International School.
Termination Of GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship
The applicant will terminate basis on the following termination rules and regulations:-
- In case Partial, wrong, and misleading information is provided, the scholarship will consider null and void. The scholarship amount credit will have to refund back to the school. The school has the right to terminate the scholarship without notice.
- The scholarship may withdraw at any time if, in the opinion of the school, the scholarship holder’s progress or behavior is deemed unsatisfactory. The scholarship will monitor and the applicant will require to maintain good conduct.
- Scholarship recipients require to take on the role of student ambassador or any other similar role representing GIIS to give publicity talks and testimonials as and when called upon to do so.
- Scholars will be required to take part in community involvement programs or projects deemed appropriate and/or directed by the school.
Rights Of GIIS Global Citizen Scholarship
Rights are enjoy by this scholarship committing if they are developing this prestigious scholarship:-
- (i) Scholarship Committee’s decision is final for the allocation of scholarships
- (ii) No legal action can be taken in disputes in which claims raise against the school as to annulment, revision, or the issue of examination results.
- (iii) Scholarship Committee reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time and the current version can be found on the school’s website.
- (iv) Scholarship Committee reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Scholarship programme in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Scholarship programme is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions.
- (v) Scholarship Committee’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions in a given instance shall not constitute the waiver of such provision
- (vi) Scholarship Committee may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the selection process for the Scholarship programme as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- (vii) By signing the acceptance form for the scholarships, you explicitly agree to these terms and conditions of the scholarships.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:-
- The applicant should have scored:
- a. CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board Applicants: 85% in Grade 9 Annual examination and 90% in pre-board examination
- b. IGCSE Applicants: 7A* or above in 9th Standard and 8A* or above in class 10 pre-board examination
- c. American /Other Boards / Public Board Applicants: Equivalent of 85+ percent or Grades in class 10 pre-board examination
- The applicant must also follow the following eligibility criteria:
|A||SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY:CBSE, ICSE, State & Other Boards Students: 94.0% and Above|
IGCSE / GCSE “0” Levels Students: A* in ALL 9 subjects
APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY: Grade 10 Students above 85% in Pre-board & Board Examinations Can apply, Being a Limited seats Scholarship, it’s at the Scholarship Committee’s discretion to offer Scholarships to meritorious Students in descending order up to 85% aggregate and on a first come basis.
|100% waiver on tuition fees and hostel fees|
|B||SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY:CBSE, ICSE, State & Other Boards Students: 93.0% – 94.0%|
IGCSE / GCSE “0” Levels Students: A* in 8 subjects
APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY: Grade 10 Students above 85% in Pre-board & Board Examinations Can apply, Being a Limited seat Scholarship, it’s at the Scholarship Committee’s discretion to offer Scholarships to meritorious Students in descending order up to 85% aggregate and on a first come basis
|75% waiver on tuition fees and hostel fees|
Terms And Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions to get selection for the scholarship:-
- Applications for Grade 11 & 12 will open 3 months prior to the announcement of Board results, and scholarships will be announced within 30 days of the board result announcements. The scholarship terms and conditions may vary with every new scholarship and will be as per the terms prevailing in those years.
- (ii) During any academic year, if the student is already a recipient of any scholarship/ benefit, then the student shall not be deemed eligible for new scholarships or fee-related benefits announced for that particular Academic year. In short, a student cannot apply for newly announced scholarships or added fee-related benefits during the present academic year in case he/ she has already received a scholarship for that academic year. At any given time, a student can avail of only one fee-related benefit, either subsidy or scholarship
- (iii) The parent of a successful applicant is required to execute a scholarship DEED as acceptance of the scholarship within 7 working days from the date of notification of scholarship results.
- (iv) All successful applicants (new Admissions) are required to register within two weeks & join the school within 90 days of offering a scholarship or unless otherwise specifically mentioned by the school.
- (v) Students who avail of the scholarship are required to complete the full term.
- (vi) The scholarship is applicable on course fees and is not applicable on one-time registration fees, transport/bus fees, uniform and miscellaneous fees etc.
- (vii) Students who avail of the Scholarships are required to pay their term fees in full as per school terms. The Scholarship Sum for each applicable academic term will be disbursed at the end of that term into the bank account of the Parent/Guardian of the Scholars that is used for School fees payment through EFT/ECS/online mode.
- (ix) Scholarship sum refers to the entire amount disbursed by the School under the said Scholarship.
- (x) In the event any scholarship recipient is required to leave the school in the middle of the term, the student shall not be entitled to any scholarship for that term.
Validity Of Global Citizen Scholarship
The applicant can check out the details related to the validity of this came from the pointers given below:-
- (i) The scholarship will be valid for a period as per the tenure specified in the respective scholarship descriptions. There is no cash or other alternative to the Scholarship in whole or in part unless otherwise provided in the school’s sole and unfettered discretion.
- (ii) The Scholarship is states and is non-exchangeable, cannot be substituted, and is non-transferable.
- (iii) The scholarship is a benefit applicable for studying only at GIIS campuses and cannot be converted to cash or transferred to any other non-GIIS schools’.
- (iv) The continuation of the scholarship into the second year will be subject to the review of student performance. Students must achieve at least a score equivalent to the category based on which Scholarship was granted to him/ her
- (v) If a student is granted a scholarship mid-year in any particular academic year, then that academic year will be treated as the first academic year and shall be valid till the end of the subsequent academic year.
Scholarship Disbursal Criteria
The disbursal of scholarship takes place on the performance of the student in the past 2 academic years including grade 10 board exams. On the performance of these past two years, a scholarship assessment will take place. The selected applicants will call for an interview round which will be done via online mode and after the final selection, the disbursal of the scholarship takes place. There may be 1 or 2 to interview rounds depending upon the situation.
The following documents are require to avail the benefit of this Scholarship
- Aadhar card
- Class 9th marksheet
- Class 10th marksheet
- Passport size photograph
- Extracurricular achievement of classes 8th 9th and 10th
- Parent’s Aadhar card
Terms And Conditions
- No bond will be provided to the student of class 10th who has strong academic results and co-curricular credentials
- The written test will include two parts such as MCQs with the subject of English mathematics and logical and analytical reasoning
- The second part will consist of subjective such as essays
- Only 10 students get award the scholarship every year
Also Read: National Scholarship Scheme
Global Citizen Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for this scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the Global Citizen website of the scheme by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage will open on your screen
- You have to click on this scholarship option present on the menu bar
- A new page with all of the scholarship opportunities will open on your screen.
- Read the instructions related to this scholarship carefully
- You will get direct links to apply for the campus of your choice such as-
- The application form will open on your screen
- You can now full out the application form by entering details related to yourself.
- Upload the documents and you will be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
You can check out the direct links for the different campuses available for this scholarship given here:-
|Noida Campus India||1800 5722 810|
|Ahmedabad Campus India||1800 5722 810|
|Whitefield Campus Bangalore||1800 5722 810|
|Balewadi Campus Pune||1800 5722 810|
You can apply for the Global citizen scholarship according to the campus of your choice by visiting the official website.
The scholarship will be activated till 29th March 2023. The students can fill out the application form right now.
The applicant must have a score of more than 90% marks in order to apply for the scholarship opportunity.
The students will be selected based on their academic performance in the class 10th board exams.
You will need to upload your academic records for the past 2 years to apply for this scholarship