If you want to participate under the Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship which is an annual leadership development program for Youth from the age of 18 to 21, then you have to fill out the application form through their official website. The applicant will be from underserved communities in South Africa that embody the values of global citizenship. A South African citizen has limited past travel experience and a family household income of Under $120,000 RAND. Those applicants who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for the fellowship. This article will give you brief information about the Curtis Fellowship, its eligibility Criteria, Benefits, application procedure, and much more.
What Is Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship 2023?
The Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship is an annual leadership development program to support youth ages between 18 to 21 years from underserved communities in South Africa. The Curtis fellows will further develop their professional and personal development through an innovative and engaging curriculum. After the completion of the fellowship, fellows will receive a letter of recommendation, guidance on further endeavors, and stay connected with Other Curtis alumni. Supported by members of the Global Citizen staff, the Curtis fellows will explore social issues and innovative International organizations with a focus on poverty alleviation in global citizens issue areas.
Key Highlights of Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship
|Conducted by||Global Citizen|
|Name of Fellowship||Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship|
|Objective||It is a development program to support Youth from underserved communities in South Africa|
|Benefits||Develop their professional and personal lives through an innovative and engaging curriculum.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Age between 18 to 21 years|
|Last date||Updated Soon|
Objective of Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship
The Fellowship is launched with the aim to equip students between the age of 18 to 21 years old with the tools to become changemakers and ethical leaders through collective and engaging experiences. The Curtis Fellows will explore social issues and innovative International organizations with a focus on poverty allegations in global citizens issue areas.
Benefits of Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship
The fellowship is mainly for the Youth who belong to underserved communities in South Africa and embody the values of global citizenship. It will further develop their professional and personal development through an innovative and engaging curriculum and after the completion of the fellowship, they will receive letters of recommendation, guidance on further endeavors, and stay connected with other Curtis fellow alumni.
- The innovative & Engaging curriculum from April-October focused on personal and professional development
- All Expenses paid learning trip to New York City in late September to explore cultural institutions, meet with industry leaders, and more (if travel permits)
- Speaker Series with various industry leaders
- Networking Opportunities & Internship Opportunities
- Access to a growing Alumni Network & many more opportunities
- Monthly stipend to be included for a part-time commitment between April-October 2023.
The applicant must fulfill the following eligibility criteria for Global Citizen Fellowship:
- The age of applicant must be between 18 to 21 by the time of application.
- Having limited travel experience
- The family household income of the applicant is Under R 12000.
- Those who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The Applicant must submit a 2 to 3-minute video or 500 to 700-word essay.
- A recommendation letter from a teacher/ professor, School administrator, community leader, or colleague to be considered for the Curtis fellowship.
The last date for submission of the application form will be updated.
Application Procedure for Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship
- For registration under Global citizenship, the applicant first visits their official website for online registration.
- The home page will appear on a screen where you have to click on the Apply Now link, which is given just below the eligibility criteria.
- After that the Email will open on your screen where you have to send a 2-3 minute video and answer to few questions which are:
- What qualities do you identify with as an active citizen of the world?
- If selected, what lasting change would you like to achieve through the program?
- What specific social-economic issues are you taking action on and why?
- After answering all these questions, you can send the email to the email@example.com