Global Korea Scholarship 2022 notification has been announced by the government of Korea. The online application form filling process has been started. International students who get admission to BS, MS, and doctoral programs will get the advantage of this opportunity. All eligible candidates may submit the application to get the scholarship opportunity. Accumulate all the significant information about the scholarship program from further given section including eligibility criteria, the application process, benefits, documents required, last date, and more.
Global Korea Scholarship
Global Korea Scholarship was also known as the Korean Government scholarship. The scholarship was provided to the international students by the Korean Government to pursue higher academics from universities situated in Korea. All the eligible international students may grab the opportunity bus ab main to the online application form step by step. There are only 220 scholarships for undergraduate students and 1080 graduate students. Selected students will get monetary help from the Korean government to pursue their higher academics at Korean universities.
Highlights Of Global Korea Scholarship
- Name of the scheme: Global Korea Scholarship
- Launched by: Korean Government
- Launched for: International students
- Benefits: financial
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: study in Korea.go.kr
Objective Of Global Korea Scholarshipeme
The main purpose of the Korean government behind starting the global Korean scholarship is to provide international students an opportunity to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate and post-graduate programs at higher educational institutes in the Republic of Korea. This program has been started to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendships between the countries.
Benefits Of Global Korea Scholarship
|Resettlement Allowance||KRW 200,000|
|Living Allowance||900,000 KRW ~ 1,000,000 KRW|
|Medical Insurance||KRW 20,000 (per month)|
|Language Courses||KRW 800,000 per quarter|
|Tuition Fees||Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)|
|Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency||KRW 100,000|
|Research Support||KRW 210,000 – 240,000 (per semester)|
|Printing Costs (Dissertation)||KRW 500,000 – 800,000|
|Completion Grant||KRW 100,000 (Once)|
Selection of the students for the scholarship program will be made by the Korean Government on the basis of three rounds. Aur those candidates who passed all three rounds and get the certificate of perfect physical and mental health will get admission to the university. The government will consider the following criteria while selecting the applicant for the select scholarship
- During selection, all those candidates who received TOPIK level 3 and above will get 10% additional points
- Descendants of Korean war veterans will get 5% extra marks
- Applicants who have passed English proficiency tests like IELTS/TOEFL will get a preference
- Those applicants who are going to pursue their academics in the field of natural science or engineering through the embassy track will get a preference
- Applicants from the underprivileged area and the low-income group will also get preference over the other applicants during the selection.
Only those candidates who meet the below-mentioned eligibility can grab the scholarship opportunity:
- The applicant should be an international student
- For the undergraduate program age of the applicant must not be more than 25 years.
- For the graduate program age of the applicant must not be more than 40 years.
- Applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree.
- Applicant must pass previous academics with above 80% marks.
- GKS scholarship application form
- Personal statement
- Study plan or research proposal
- Letter of recommendations
- Applicant agreement
- Personal medical assessment
- Certificate of High School graduation
- High School grade transcript
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of citizenship
- Passport size photograph
- Another significant document
Global Korea Scholarship 2022 Application Procedure
To apply for the global Korea scholarship students have to follow the further mentioned steps.
- Embassy track
- To apply through The embassy track applicants will have to submit the application to the Korean embassy in their own home country. In the embassy track, applicants can choose three different Universities situated in South Korea and f any of the universities accept their application and students pass all three rounds of selection then he/ she will get the scholarship.
- University track
- To apply through a university you have to submit the application directly to the Korean University where you wish to apply for the course.
(Korean Embassies, designated universities)
|Arrival in Korea||February||August|