British Council of India will be providing a lot of different scholarship schemes for the students who are taking admission to the various colleges affiliated with the University. If you want to get benefit from the GREAT Scholarship India scheme then you will have to apply for the scholarship by reading the eligibility criteria and the step-by-step application procedure for the scholarship scheme. Given below are the details regarding the scholarships which will be helpful for you to apply for it without any trouble.
About GREAT Scholarship India 2023
British Council of India will be providing a lot of rewards to the students through this scholarship available at the various colleges present in the region. The candidates will be able to apply for the scholarship by getting admission to the college affiliated with the council and applying for the scholarship scheme. A large number of benefits are available for the students in this scholarship presented by the organization.
Also Read: Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship
Details of GREAT Scholarship
|Name||GREAT Scholarship India 2023|
|Launched by||British Council of India|
|Objective||Providing monetary benefits|
|Beneficiaries||Students taking admission in various colleges/ Universities included in this scholarship|
Universities Providing Scholarships
The following Universities will be providing the scholarship to the students:-
- Imperial College London
- Newcastle University
- University of Nottingham
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Bath
- University of East Anglia
- Robert Gordon University
- University of Kent
- University of Warwick
Number Of GREAT Scholarship
The following scholarships are available in this scholarship scheme:-
|Eligible Country||Number of scholarships|
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- The applying students should be a citizen of India.
- Applicant must hold an Indian passport.
- Applicant must hold an undergraduate degree for admission into a postgraduate program at a UK university.
- The ability of English of the students should require as per the requirement of the individual institutes.
- Applicant must have an offer from one of the participating UK universities
- The course applied is starting in September 2021
GREAT Scholarship Awards Details
The following awards will be provided to the candidate in this scholarship:-
|University||Value per scholarship||Subject or Courses accepted||No. of scholarship|
|Imperial College of London||GBP 10,000||Science, Technology, Engineering and Medicine||1|
|Robert Gordon University||GBP 10,000||All Subject||1|
|Sheffield Hallam University||GBP 10,000||All Subject||1|
|University of Bath||Up to GBP 25,000||Engineering & Design; Humanities & Social Sciences; Science; Management||1|
|University of Cranfield||GBP 11,000||Full-time master’s courses in Energy and Power, Environment and Agrifood, Water, Manufacturing, Transport Systems||2|
|University of Kent||GBP 10,000||All subjects||1|
|University of Nottingham||GBP 10,000||All subjects||1|
|University of Warwick||GBP 20,000||Master’s programs in the School of Engineering||1|
|Newcastle University||GBP 10,000||All subjects||1|
|University of East Anglia||GBP 10,000||All subjects||1|
The following documents will be given to the candidates in this scholarship scheme:-
- A valid passport and UK student visa
- The graduation mark sheet and certificate
- ELP certificate(Test scores like IELTS/TOEFL/CAE can be submitted)
- All other requirements as laid out by the selected university
GREAT Scholarship Selection Process
The applicant will be selected based on the following selection procedure:-
- Based on pre-set criteria, the British Council panel will review each application. An interview will be conducted for the candidates who have been shortlisted as part of the final selection process.
- The scholarship recipients will be informed by the university and will issue the funding after registration.
- The selection panel of the British Council will make the final call on awarding the scholarship.
- Selected candidates will have to make their financial arrangements for living, travel, and study in the UK.
Also Read: R.D. Sethna Loan Scholarship
Application Procedure Under Programme 2023
The applicant must apply for the scholarship on the basis of the following application procedure:-
- In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to ten working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
- The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd, a web-based information portal.
- When logging in to MyEd Portal, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to Scholarship Support System.