Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme 2023 was created in the year 2015 to provide proper opportunities to the people who could not get higher education due to the economic condition in which they were living. People are offered educational loans of up to rupees 10 lacks in order to continue their education in Delhi or outside Delhi if they have any interest in pursuing proper education. People are provided with the benefit of this prestigious scheme after they have completed their class 10th or class 12th and they have opportunities to pursue diploma or degree-level courses available in Delhi. If you are someone who is looking for educational financial monetary benefits then you will be provided with the opportunity of this scheme only if you are a permanent resident of Delhi.
Objective Of The Scheme 2023
The main objective of the Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme that is created by the organization is to provide a lot of opportunities to people who want to pursue higher education but they do not have the skills and knowledge to get financial assistance. People who are permanent residents of the city will be eligible to apply for the different types of financial benefits presented by the Chief Minister. If you have completed your class 12th education recently then we request you to apply for this prestigious scholarship because it is worth your time and it will help you to get a loan of up to rupees 10 lakhs which will be very beneficial for you to complete your education.
Sometimes the students do not have proper facilities to continue their education or to take admission institutes but this facility is very prestigious to all of the people living in poor conditions.
Also Read: International Life Skills Olympiad
- Students who have done their Class 10 and Class 12 from Delhi and wish to pursue a diploma or degree or specified skill development courses within India
- Students who wish to pursue higher education courses for which the qualifying examination is Class 10, must have completed their Class 10 studies in Delhi.
- There are no specific age criteria that you need to follow in order to apply for this scheme.
- Students should have secured admission to a higher education course or specified skill development courses (Diploma or Degree including Bachelor, Master and Doctoral Degree) through an entrance test/merit-based selection process after completion of secondary examination/senior secondary examination/required qualifying examination in:
- Government or Private/Self-financed institutions located in Delhi**
- Central/State Govt. Universities/Institutions outside of Delhi (within India)
- For private institutions having NAAC/NBA accreditation, a minimum grade of A or B is required.
- For private institutions having SFRC grading, an A+ or A is required. (SFRC grading has been given by the 3rd State Fee Regulatory Committee (SFRC) and is based on various parameters including infrastructure, faculty, and academic standard. Institutions are advised to get NAAC/NBA accreditation at the earliest).
- Meritorious students of all social and economic backgrounds are eligible to apply.
- No collateral, guarantee, or margin money is required to be paid by the students under this scheme
- Students who are children of employees of Govt. of NCT of Delhi or officials/government servants who are posted with the Govt. of NCT of Delhi are also eligible under this scheme.
- Students who are eligible for merit or other scholarships can also choose to participate in the credit guarantee scheme offered by the Delhi Government.
- In the case of these students, the amount they receive as scholarships or fee waivers will also be taken into account when determining the loan amount they can receive. Once the loan is approved, the scholarship scheme will be directly linked to the student’s loan account. This means that any funds received as scholarships from the government will automatically be credited to the loan account under the HECGS.
Benefits Of The Scheme
- Education loans up to INR 10 lakhs taken by the beneficiary students will be provided with a guarantee through a Higher Education and Skill Development Credit Guarantee Fund to the banks in case of default.
- The students will not be required to provide any collateral or margin money for the education loan availed.
- Financial benefits will be provided to the people belonging to the different backward sections of society.
- The maximum amount of education loan guaranteed under this scheme is up to INR 10 lakh only.
- The moratorium period of the loan is a course period plus one year and the repayment period is 15 years.
Terms And Conditions
- The applicant must have a valid mobile number before applying for the prestigious scheme.
- The login credentials and the password will be sent to the registered mobile number of the beneficiaries.
- You have to complete your registration within 72 hours by providing your access code and password at the e-District Delhi website otherwise registration will not be completed and citizens will be required to provide the registration details again.
- Make sure that you have an Aadhaar card or a voter ID card but if you do not have any then you can apply at any of the counters at Tehsil/Sub-Division Office.
- Aadhaar card
- Pan card
- Class 10 certificate (passed from Delhi)
- Class 12 certificate (passed from Delhi)
- Employer’s Certificate (students who are children of employees of Govt. of NCT of Delhi or officials/government servants who are posted with the Govt. of NCT of Delhi are also eligible under this scheme.)
- Courses leading to graduate/post-graduate degrees and PG diplomas conducted by recognized colleges/ universities recognized by UGC Government/ AICTE/ AIBMS/ ICMR etc
- Courses like ICWA, CA, and CFA
- Courses conducted by IIT, NIFT, NLU, IIFT, etc
- Regular degree/diploma courses like aeronautical, pilot training, shipping including those run by Polytechnics, etc., degree/diploma in nursing, physiotherapy or any other discipline approved by the Director General of Civil Aviation/Shipping/Indian Nursing Council or any other regulatory body as the case may be if the course is pursued in Delhi.
- Skill development courses as may be specified by Govt. of NCT of Delhi
- Courses other than the above offered by reputed institutions may also consider on the basis of employability.
- The guarantee would be available for loans for only those institutions whose fee is regulate by the government.
- The students who want to pursue higher education in government or private institutes available in Delhi are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- If you want to study outside Delhi then you must take admission in Central or State Government Organisation in order to take the benefit of this scheme.
- Interest will be charged at rates linked to the base rate as decided by individual banks.
- Simple interest will be charged during the study period and up to the commencement of repayment.
- The maximum interest rate will be charged in Base Rate + 2 %.
List of Member Banks Approved Under Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme
|PARTICIPATING BANKS||LIST OF BRANCHES (IN DELHI) FOR THE PURPOSE OF EDUCATION LOAN|
|Bank Of Baroda||ALL|
|United Bank Of India||ALL|
|State Bank Of India||ALL|
|Union Bank Of India||ALL|
|Punjab National Bank||RAB, Anand Vihar|
|RAB, A- Block, Connaught Place|
|RAB, KHRMS Ashok Vihar|
|RAB, Gurudwara Road, Karol Bagh|
|Oriental Bank Of Commerce||South Ex-I|
|East Patel Nagar|
|New Friends Colony|
|M Block, Connaught Place|
Also Read: National Apprenticeship Training Scheme
Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme Application Procedure
- You will first have to visit the Higher Education & Skill Development website of e-district Delhi by clicking on the lane given here
- The home page will open on your screen and you have to click on the option called Citizen Corner present on the menu bar
- A drop-down menu will open on your screen and you have to click on the option called New User Registration.
- The registration form will open on your screen and you have to register yourself by including important information.
- Upload all of the documents and register yourself for the scheme accordingly.
- Nodal Bank: Vijaya Bank
- Landline No: 011-23711093, 23711098
- Email ID: rodelhiplanning@VIJAYABANK.co.in
- Directorate of Higher Education
- B-Wing, 2nd Floor, 5, Sham Nath Marg, Delhi-110054.
- Contact No: 011-23980220
- E-mail: email@example.com
Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme 2023 FAQs
If you want to apply for this prestigious scheme then you will have to visit the official e-district portal of Delhi and then you have to click on the Apply Now button to fill out the registration form
You want to apply for this prestigious scheme then you must be studying in government institutes available outside Delhi or any institute available inside Delhi. You must be coming from any economically backward section of society,
Rs 10 lakh loan will be provided to all of the beneficiaries if they want to apply for this prestigious scheme and they will be able to continue their education in the organizations.
If you are studying in any college present inside Delhi then you will be eligible for the loan and if you are studying outside Delhi but you have taken admission to state or government organizations then also you can take advantage of this scheme.