Indian Council of Medical Research invited retired scientists or those who are about to retire for ICMR Emeritus Scientist 2023. All those scientists who are actively involved in biomedical research can be a part of this program. Applicants may check the detailed eligibility conditions from this article before submitting the application. You may also get the direct link to download the application along with other important information related to the ICMR Emeritus scientist program including benefits.
About ICMR Emeritus Scientist 2023
ICMR is an initiative of the Indian Council of Medical Research. With this initiative, ICMR is going to provide financial support to the selected scientists. A grant under this program will be given for one year from the date of issue of the sanction letter, or from the date of superannuation whichever is later. The IES is renewable for up to three years based on performance from the date of joining. Extension for two more years is permissible in deserving cases depending on the program of research work undertaken.
Also Read: STS Scholarship
Highlights Of ICMR Emeritus Scientist
- Name of the scheme: ICMR Emeritus Scientist
- Launched by: Indian Council of Medical Research
- Launched for: scientists
- Benefits: Monetary
- Mode of application: Online
- Official site: main.icmr.nic.in
Benefits/ Features Of ICMR Emeritus Scientist
- Selected beneficiaries will receive an honorarium also 60,000 per month along
- Contingency grant of rupees 100000 per annum.
- No perquisites of office such as residential accommodation, telephone, etc. will be entitled to the applicant
- The total number of scientists shall normally not exceed 30 at any time under this program.
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 70 years
- The applicant should be a scientist who is about to retire or already retired
- Applicants who hold recruitment as professor associate professor in medical college or director deputy director in the Institute of All India Character or Scientists with comparable Scientific experience and achievements in an organization of the ICMR can apply
- Applicant must be actively involved in biomedical research of high standard
- Age proof
- Previous research details
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhar card
- Other significant documents
Candidates’ selection will be made on the bases of the recommendation of the selection committee constituted by the director-general, of the Indian council of medical research.
Also Read: SERB Early Career Research Award
ICMR Emeritus Scientist 2023 Application Procedure
- To apply for the ICMR Emeritus scientist, you have to download the application form
- To download the form you have to visit the official website of the ICMR
- From the home page go to the grant option and hit the ICMR Emeritus scientist option from the drop-down list
- A new page will open on the screen from where you have to select the application form option or directly click here
- Download the form and take a printout of it
- Fill out the details in the application form and attach the necessary documents
- Recheck the application form once and forward it to the Director-General (Personnel Section), Indian Council of Medical Research, Post Box.4911, New Delhi-110029
Important Points to Remember
- You can apply for the program throughout the year
- An announcement of selected candidates will be made twice a year.
- Application of some methods from January to June will consider for the July selection
- Applications received from July to December will consider for January selection
- Director-General, (Personal Section)
Indian Council of Medical Research,
Post Box No. 4911, Ansari Nagar,
- Ph: 91-11-26588895 / 91-11-26588980, 91-11-26589794 / 91-11-26589336, 91-11-26588707
Email: icmr hqrs[at]sansad[dot]nic[dot]in