The IISC Climate Change Scholarship 2023 has been announced by the Divecha Centre for Climate Change (DCCC) of the Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Studies at the Indian Institute of Science. It is a nationwide scholarship program for high school and upper-secondary students. Interested appellants may grab the opportunity by submitting the online application form. The online application form is available on exams.talentspire.com’s official portal. You may hoard information like eligibility conditions, last date, benefits, the application process, the selection process, and more from this article.
About IISC Climate Change Scholarship 2023
IISC Climate Change Scholarship will be awarded to the eligible students by the Divecha Climate Change Center (DCCC) of the Center for Atmospheric and Oceanic Studies at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru. To find suitable “climatologists” (talented students) who desire to perform research on climate change IISc is going to hold a talent search examination. The examination will be held by Talentspire- a digital learning platform organization based in Thiruvananthapuram. The examination will be held by the organization as per the framework and criteria set by IISc. For more details read the further segment of the article.
Also Read: Prime Minister Research Fellowship
Highlights Of IISC Climate Change Scholarship
- Name of the scheme: IISC Climate Change Scholarship
- Launched by: Indian Institute of Science
- Launched for: students
- Benefits: cash award
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: IISC
Objective Of IISC Climate Change Scholarship
The major objective of the IISc behind the IISC Climate Change Scholarship is to find suitable “climatologists”, talented student who has an interest to perform research in the field of climate change.
Benefits Of IISC Climate Change Scholarship
Students will get the following benefits under this scholarship scheme:
|First prize for Senior Secondary (grades 11 and 12)||Rs 2 lakh out of which Rs 1 lakh is a cash prize and the rest amount for study materials|
|First prize for the high school section (grades 9 and 10)||Rs 1 lakh out of which Rs 50,000 will be a cash prize and the rest for study materials.|
Moreover, the schools which come under the top ten will get special prizes based on the composite score of their students and some other predetermined parameters.
Selection of the students for the scholarship will be based on the following
- Scrutiny of the application form will be made
- All the selected candidates have to appear for the level 1 exam. The exam will be online mode. The examination will be through an online mode containing objective-type questions. Questions will be asked from school-level Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
- Selected students will get based on their grades in the A-level examination and will receive certificates recognizing their performance.
- First, 5000 students who get selected have to appear for the second-level examination. The second level examination will be online mode. Questions will ask related to general knowledge based on Climate Science.
- To grab this scholarship student should be an Indian citizen
- Students must possess 9, 10, 11, and 12 standard examinations passing certificates from CBSC, ICES, ISC, and state boards can apply
- The last date for submission of the application form for the students will declare soon.
- The first level examination will update soon
- The second level examination will update soon
Also Read: Raman Charpak Fellowship
Application Procedure Under Scholarship 2023
Aspirants must follow the further mentioned step-by-step instructions to fill out the application form:
- Select the “click here for registration” option shown on the computer screen
- The application form will appear on the computer screen where you have to enter the following details
- First name
- Last name
- Parent’s name
- Date of birth
- Subject Combination
- Candidate’s Address
- School Name
- School Country
- Mobile Number
- Are you an existing Talentspire Subscriber/User
- Email etc.
- Then you have to choose to proceed to the registration option and make payment of the fee
- Complete the application form and upload the significant document
- Review the details very carefully and take print of the application form.
Call at 9567092233 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the authorities if you need to know more or facing any issues in submitting an application.