Inspire Fellowship for Ph.D. India is one of the top-ranking countries in the field of basic research. Indian Science has come to be regarded as one of the most powerful instruments of growth and development, especially in the emerging scenario and competitive economy. In the wake of the recent developments and the new demands that are being placed on the S&T system, it is necessary for us to embark on some major science projects which have relevance to national needs and which will also be relevant for tomorrow’s technology. The Department of Science and Technology plays a pivotal role in promoting science and technology in the country. The department has wide-ranging activities, ranging from promoting high-end basic research and development of cutting-edge technology, on one hand, to serving the technological requirements of the common man through the development of appropriate skills and technologies on the other.
About Inspire Fellowship for Ph.D. 2023
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” is an innovative program sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology to attract talent to Science. The basic objective of INSPIRE is to communicate to the youth of the country the excitement of the creative pursuit of science, attract talent to the study of science at an early age, and thus build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science & Technology system and R & D base. A striking feature of the program is that it does not believe in conducting competitive exams for the identification of talent at any level. It believes in and relies on the efficacy of the existing educational structure for the identification of talent.
Also Read: SERB POWER Fellowship
Key Highlights of Inspire Fellowship for Ph.D.
|Conducted by||Department of Science and Technology|
|Name of Fellowship||Inspire fellowship|
|Objective||To attract talent to the study of science at an early age|
|Benefits||The fellow will be entered as Junior Research Fellow|
|Eligibility Criteria||First rank holder in any university at the post-graduation level|
|Deadline||31st August 2023|
Objective of Inspire Fellowship for Ph.D.
INSPIRE is an innovative program sponsored and managed by the Department of Science and Technology to attract talent to science. The basic objective of INSPIRE is to communicate to the youth of the country the excitement of the creative pursuit of science, attract talent to the study of science at an early stage and build the required critical human resource pole for strengthening and expanding the Science and Technology system and R&D base.
Also Check: Inspire Scholarship
Benefits of Inspire Fellowship for Ph.D.
- The fellowship shall be governed through the Office Memorandum of the Ministry.
- The expenditure of contingency grand theft is covered as a host institution norm.
- The limit of contingency amount is 20000 annually. The unspent balance of the contingency grant at the end of a year may be adjusted to the next year to maintain the yearly/installment wise of the contingency fund.
- Inspire scholar having secured a minimum of 70% marks (or CGP equivalent) in aggregate at MSc or integrated MS/M.Sc.
- 1st Rank Holder at University level examination in Post-Graduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/ Applied Sciences including Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Agricultural Sciences, and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic Institutions (Excluding Autonomous Colleges) in India.
- 1st Rank Holders at the Graduate/Post-graduate Level Examination in Medicine only conducted by a University/ Institution in India are also eligible to apply.
- 1st Rank should be obtained in a minimum batch size of 10 students in that university-level examination with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) for the entire course/ program.
- Students who
- Is 1st Rank Holder in College including Autonomous College Examination?
- Have obtained a degree (s) through Distance Education Mode and
- Are 1st Rank Holders in any specialization given at M.Sc? 2nd/ last year, are not eligible for the offer of INSPIRE Fellowship. The Fellowship will be offered based on screening/availability of fellowships in the current year, as 1000 fellowships are available annually.
The last date for submission of an application under Inspire Fellowship will be 31st August 2023.
Selection from among the eligible applicants is done in two stages i.e. Level I and Level II.
- Level 1- Applicants who are already admitted to the Ph.D. Program in S&T prior to submitting the application and selected at both Level I & Level II will be awarded the Final Offer for the INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Level 2- Applicants who have not been admitted to a Ph.D. Program in S&T prior to submitting an application and getting selected at Level I, will be awarded a Provisional Offer for INSPIRE Fellowship.
The Provisional Offer is made on the basis of scrutiny of the application along with the required documents (Level I) submitted by the applicant. However, the Final Offer is made on the basis of an evaluation of the application at Level II considering i) Academic merit ii) the Host Institution including the Research Supervisor’s CV, and iii) the detailed Research Proposal by the Subject Expert Committee. In this Level II Evaluation Process, applicants need to secure a minimum qualifying score/cutoff as recommended by the Subject Expert Committee and approved by the Competent Authority. The cut-off marks may vary based on the competitive framework of the selection process. Also, it is important to note that a Provisional Offer does not guarantee the award of an INSPIRE Fellowship.
Also Read: SERB Start-up Research Grant
Application Procedure for Fellowship 2023
- The applicant should visit the Inspire Fellowship website.
- The home page will appear on your screen, on the left side you will see the Sign-in page.
- where you have to enter your login ID or password and enter the capture verification code.
- For New users, you have to click on the Register Here link. The application form will open on the screen and you have to enter your required details such as:
- Name of Applicant
- Email ID
- Mobile number, etc
- After filling in all the details correctly click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.
- INSPIRE Programme Division
- Department of Science and Technology,
- Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,
- New Delhi – 110 016.
- Tel. No: 0124-6690020,0124-6690021
- Email: inspire[dot]prog-dst[at]nic[dot]in