If you want to know information regarding the new scholarship schemes which are available by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir then you will have to read the article given below. In this article, we have elaborated on the details regarding the different types of Jammu and Kashmir Scholarship Schemes available for the students of the Jammu and Kashmir states. We will share the eligibility criteria and most importantly you will be learning about the step-by-step application procedure through which you can apply for the J&K Scholarship Scheme.
What Is J&K Scholarship 2023?
The Government of Jammu and Kashmir has created a new scholarship scheme to help the people who have recently passed the 10 plus 2 examinations from the Education Board of Jammu and Kashmir. You can apply for the AICTE JK Scholarship 2023 by following the different application methods created by the organization and you just have to wait till you get the payment of your scholarship directly into your bank account. There are a lot of scholarships available from the governments of Jammu and Kashmir.
Details Of J&K Scholarship
|Name||J&K Scholarship 2023|
|Launched by||Government of Jammu and Kashmir|
|Beneficiaries||Candidates Passed 10+2 examination from (JKBOSE or CBSE Schools located in J&K and Ladakh) in Academic Year 2018-19 or 2019-20|
List of Scholarships
The following scholarship schemes are available in this Government:-
|Scholarship Name||Provider Name||Application Period|
|Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), J&K||AICTE – All India Council for Technical Education, MHRD||Between April and September|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC/OBC/EBC/PC/DNT Students, J&K||Directorate of Social Welfare Jammu, Government of Jammu and Kashmir||Between September and November|
|KEI High school Scholarship Program (HSSP)||Kashmir Education Initiative (KEI) in collaboration with Iqbal Memorial Trust (IMT)||Between November and December|
|KEI Post Graduate Scholarship Program (PGSP)||Kashmir Education Initiative (KEI) in collaboration with Iqbal Memorial Trust (IMT)||Between November and December|
|Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, J&K||Combined Counselling Board||Between December and April|
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), J&K||The scholarship is open for students who have passed the class 12 examination from the J&K Board or CBSE-affiliated schools in J&K. They must be pursuing a general, professional or medical degree course at the prescribed list of colleges. They must be willing to take admission outside J&K state only. The annual income of the family should be less than INR 8 Lakh. The students, who have completed a 10+3 diploma from J&K State Polytechnics can also apply to direct entry in the second year on the vacant seats of the professional category.|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC/OBC/EBC/PC/DNT Students, J&K||The students belonging to SC/OBC/EBC/PC or DNT category can apply for this scholarship. They must be pursuing studies at the post-matriculation level within or outside Jammu and Kashmir at a government or government-recognized institution. The annual income of the family should be less than INR 1 Lakh (for OBC, EBC, and PC candidates) and INR 2.5 Lakh (for SC and DNTs).|
|KEI High school Scholarship Program (HSSP)||The students studying in class 9 can apply for this scholarship. They must have secured more than 75% marks in the class 8 examination conducted by DIET. The annual family income should be less than INR 3 Lakh.|
|KEI Post Graduate Scholarship Program (PGSP)||The students, who are in the first semester only (Kashmir University) and in the first or second semester only (Central University, IUST, and SKUAST) of the MA/MSc/MCom/MTech course can apply for this scholarship. Students pursuing integrated courses like BBA-MBA, LLB-LLM or BCA-MCA can also apply if they are pursuing a post-graduate part of their respective course i.e. from the 7th semester onwards. The annual income of the family should be less than INR 3 Lakh.|
|Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, J&K||The students studying at the college/university level (pursuing diploma level, degree level, or postgraduate level courses) can apply for this scholarship. They must have passed the last qualifying examination with at least 40% to 50% marks.|
Payment of Scholarship
The scholarship amount will be paid through the following methods:-
- The scholarship is payable from 1st April or from the month of admission, whichever is later, to the month in which the examinations are completed, at the end of the academic year, provided that if the scholar secures admission after the 20th day of a month, the amount will be paid from the month following the month of admission.
- In case of renewal of the scholarship, it will be paid from the month following the month up to which the scholarship was paid in the previous year.
- The Government of the State/Union Territory Administration, to which they belong, in accordance with the procedure laid down by them in this regard, will pay the scholarship money to the selected students.
- In order to ensure timely and correct payment of scholarship amounts to the beneficiaries, State Governments/UT administrations will ensure payment of Scholarships through their accounts in post offices/banks. All-State Governments/UT Administrations will implement a computerized management system of scholarships, including an ‘e-payment’ system.
The following documents are required to apply for the scholarship:-
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form (separate application forms as having been prescribed for ‘fresh’ and renewal scholarship by concerned States/UTs).
- One copy of the passport-size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- A Caste certificate (in original) duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain an income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish a declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- Aadhar Card.
- Pan Card Details.
- Photocopy of Bank Passbook.
- A receipt in acknowledgment of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application only duly countersigned by the Head of the Institution/School concerned if the applicant was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
- Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution/School, being attended or last attended by the candidates, and shall be forwarded by the Head of Institution, after scrutiny and with his recommendation, to the sanctioning authority.
The applicant must follow the following application method to apply for the scholarship:-
|Scholarship Name||How to Apply?|
|Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), J&K||Apply online through the official webpage of the AICTE J&K scholarship.|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC/OBC/EBC/PC/DNT Students, J&K||Apply online through the state portal of the J&K government. Also, the students need to submit the hard copy of the duly filled application along with the supporting documents to the concerned College/Institution/University for verification.|
|KEI High school Scholarship Program (HSSP)||Apply offline at an authorized center nearby.|
|KEI Post Graduate Scholarship Program (PGSP)||Apply online through the official webpage of PGSP.|
|Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, J&K||Apply online through the official website of the Combined Counselling Board.|
Number Of Scholarships
The following scholarships are available to apply for in this government:-
|Scholarship Name||Number of Scholarships|
|Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), J&K||5000|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC/OBC/EBC/PC/DNT Students, J&K||NA|
|KEI High school Scholarship Program (HSSP)||NA|
|KEI Post Graduate Scholarship Program (PGSP)||NA|
|Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, J&K||NA|
The following awards will be given to the candidates in this scholarship:-
|Scholarship Name||Award Details|
|Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), J&K||For the general degree course – Academic fee of up to INR 30,000 and a maintenance charge of up to INR 1 Lakh For the professional degree course – Academic fee of up to INR 1.25 Lakh and a maintenance charge of up to INR 1 Lakh For medical/BDS or equivalent medical streams – Academic fee of up to INR 3 Lakh and maintenance charge of up to INR 1 Lakh|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC/OBC/EBC/PC/DNT Students, J&K||Maintenance allowance Payment of compulsory non-refundable fees|
|KEI High school Scholarship Program (HSSP)||INR 10,000|
|KEI Post Graduate Scholarship Program (PGSP)||INR 20,000 per annum|
|Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, J&K||Scholarship from INR 1 Lakh to 3 Lakh|
Warning for Students by the Government
Application Procedure Under J&K Scholarship
to apply for the scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- First, go to the official website of the J&K Scholarship.
- The home page will be displayed on your screen.
- Click on the Apply Online button
- The application form will be displayed on your screen
- Fill up the application form
- Upload all of the documents
- Finally submit the application form.
Sign In Process
- Open the official website of the scholarship program.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Now on the homepage, enter the login details in the application form opened there.
- After that, click on the Sign In option.
- You will be signed in successfully.
Applicants having any query or any problem can contact on the details provided here:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Number: 011-29581007/29581051/29581043
Points To Remember
- Check eligibility before applying for the scholarship.
- The applicant must have a valid and active mobile number that will remain active in recent days.
- He or She must have an active Email Id.
- Prefer using a laptop or a desktop for online form submission.
- Do not wait for the last date of the scholarship.
- Check the application form before final submission.