The Uttar Pradesh government is constantly working to alleviate unfavorable attitudes toward daughters. For which the Uttar Pradesh government runs a variety of initiatives. One such plan is the Kanya Sumangala Yojana. The Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana is preparatory for households with a girl child or children that was inaugurated on October 25, 2019, in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The scheme was jointly introduced by Governor Anandiben Patel, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, and Union Minister Smriti Irani. Financial help of 15000 is provided to the state’s girls through this scheme. Read below to check the detailed information related to the Kanya Sumangala Yojana 2022 like Highlights, Objectives, Features and Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedures, and much more.
Kanya Sumangala Yojana 2022
For daughters born in Uttar Pradesh, the Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana has been established. The Kanya Sumangala Yojana is a unique financial benefit scheme that aims to improve the lives of girl children in Uttar Pradesh. The Kanya Sumangala Yojana 2021 scheme provides financial help to guardians or parents of two girl children in one home. The state government would provide a total of Rs 15000 to the girl kid under this scheme, which will be distributed in six equal installments.
The monthly income of the girl’s household must be less than 3 lakh under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana 2022. The Uttar Pradesh government has set a budget of Rs 1200 crore for this project. The money will be given to the family in installments. The cash for the initiative will be distributed in stages as the girl child reaches certain milestones, including birth, vaccination, entrance to Class 1, 5, 9, and graduation.
Highlights of Kanya Sumangala Yojana
|Scheme Name||Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangla Yojana (MKSY)|
|Introduced by||State Government of UP|
|Department Name||Department of Women and Child Development, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh|
|Language||मुख्यमंत्री कन्या सुमंगला योजना|
|Beneficiaries||Girl Child of Uttar Pradesh|
|Major Benefit||Under various stages, provides financial assistance to the beneficiaries, i.e., the female child and her family.|
|Scheme Objective||Girl child safety and protection, health, and education in the state.|
Objectives of Kanya Sumangala Yojana
The UP government launched this program to provide higher education to ladies in the state and brighten their futures. This strategy aims to eradicate female feticide in society and promote favorable attitudes toward females.
Benefits of Kanya Sumangala Yojana
Some of the key benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- The beneficiary will receive a total of Rs. 15,000 from the Uttar Pradesh State Government.
- Six equal installments will be given to the beneficiary girl kid.
- The following is the payment distribution framework:
- Upon the birth of a female child (on or after April 1, 2015) – Rs. 2,000
- Vaccination of a girl infant in her first year of life costs Rs. 1,000.
- Upon admission to the first standard, a fee of Rs. 2,000 is payable.
- Upon admission of a girl kid to the sixth standard, a fee of Rs. 2,000 is payable.
- Upon admission of a girl kid to the ninth grade, a fee of Rs. 3,000 is payable.
Features of Kanya Sumangala Yojana
Some of the key features of the scheme are as follows:
- This is the most well-known program for families with female children.
- This initiative will provide Rs. 15,000 to those who have female children.
- The full amount is only available to girl children born after April 1, 2019.
- Girl children born before April 1, 2019, are also entitled to benefits under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana, although only a part of the fund will be distributed to them. The date will be used as a cut-off point for determining other levels for such youngsters.
- When the girl kid accomplishes specified milestones, such as birth, vaccination, admittance to grades 1, 5, and 9, and graduation, the money from the program will be released in phases.
- The funds will be deposited directly to the account of the intended recipient.
- It also strives to eradicate female foeticide and achieve gender equality, as well as assist in the development of positive thinking.
- The program focuses on providing financial assistance to female children as well as assisting UP girls in completing their education.
- This program has received recognition for its dedication to assisting girl children at various phases of their life. It also makes it possible for low-income families to educate their girls without difficulty.
Kanya Sumangala Yojana Six Phases
This scheme will be implemented in Six Phases that are given in the table below:
|Phase 1||The girl child born on or after January 4, 2019, will be eligible for a one-time payment of Rs. 2000.|
|Phase 2||A girl child who has got full immunization and was not born before April 1, 2018, would be eligible for a one-time payment of Rs. 1000.|
|Phase 3||A one-time payment of Rs. 2000 will be made to every girl child who has registered in Standard 1 during the current academic year.|
|Phase 4||A one-time grant of Rs. 2000 will be given to a girl kid who has registered in Standard 6 during the current academic year.|
|Phase 5||A one-time grant of Rs. 3000 will be given to a girl kid who has registered in Standard 9 during the current academic year.|
|Phase 6||A girl who has completed grade 10/12 and is enrolled in a bachelor’s degree or at least two years of certified diploma course in the current academic year would be eligible for a one-time payment of Rs. 5000.|
Applicants who want to apply for this scheme must fulfill the eligibility criteria put forward by the Department of Women and Child Development, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh. The eligibility criteria for Kanya Sumangala Yojana 2022 are as follows:
- The beneficiary’s family must be permanent residents of Uttar Pradesh and have a certificate to prove it.
- The beneficiary’s family’s annual income must not exceed Rs. 3 lakh.
- The scheme will benefit a maximum of two girls from a single family.
- If a mother has twins during her second pregnancy, the third girl kid will be eligible for the bonus as well. Only in this situation, if a lady has a girl from her first delivery and twin girls from her second, will all three girls be eligible for the reward.
- If a family adopts an orphan girl, the scheme will benefit a maximum of two girls, along with the biological children and the adopted girl kid.
While filling up the application form for ESIC Registration Online Process, some important documents will be needed by the applicants, make sure to keep them handy. The documents required for ESIC Registration Online Process are as follows:
- Latest photograph of the girl
- Joint family photograph
- Valid Identity Proof like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport of the parents
- Valid Address Proof like Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Voter ID, energy bill, or telephone bill.
- Scanned copy of Bank A / c No. and Passbook (Mother and Father or Guardian or Self)
- Death Certificate (if mother or father is not alive)
- Scanned copy of Voter Id (optional)
- Adoption Certificate(if applicable)
- Affidavit Certificate
- Family’s annual income certificate
Required Documents for Six Stages
|S. No||Phase||Documents Required|
|Phase 1||Latest passport size photograph of the beneficiary girl child.Birth CertificateJoint photograph of the girl child with applicant Affidavit in prescribed format|
|Phase 2||Latest passport size photograph of the girl child.Immunization CardJoint photograph of the girl child with applicant Affidavit in prescribed format|
|Phase 3||Latest passport size photograph of the girl child.Admission Certificate of class IJoint photograph of the girl child with applicant Affidavit in prescribed format Scanned copy of Aadhaar card (optional)|
|Phase 4||Latest passport size photograph of the girl child.Admission Certificate of class VIJoint photograph of the girl child with applicant Affidavit in prescribed format Scanned copy of Aadhaar card (optional)|
|Phase 5||Latest passport size photograph of the girl child.Admission Certificate of class IXJoint photograph of the girl child with applicant Affidavit in prescribed format Scanned copy of Aadhaar card (optional)|
|Phase 6||Latest passport size photograph of the girl child.Id of the Institution.Class X / XII Certificate / Mark sheet.Joint photo of the girl child with the applicant.Affidavit in the prescribed format.Admission Fee receipt in Diploma / Degree course.Scanned copy of Aadhaar card (optional).|
Steps to Apply for Kanya Sumangala Yojana 2022
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana 2022
- First of all, go to the Official Website of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MKSY)
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the Citizen Service Portal link
- Now, accept the terms and conditions of the scheme, by clicking on the I Agree the button.
- After that, click on the continue button.
- Once you will click on the continue button, the registration form will open on the screen.
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like:
- Applicant’s Relation with Girl Child
- Applicant’s Mobile Number
- Applicant Name
- Applicant’s Father / Husband Name
- Total No. of Beneficiary’s children in the family
- Applicant Type
- After that, accept the declarations i.e.,
- I am a resident of Uttar Pradesh
- The annual income of the family is below Rs 3 lacs
- Now, enter the captcha code and click on the Send SMS OTP button.
- Once you will click on the Send SMS OTP button, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP in the specified space for verification.
- After successful verification, log in on the official website with the help of the login ID and password.
- Once you are successfully logged in, an application form will open on the screen.
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details.
- After that, upload all the required documents.
- Now, review and recheck the application form to avoid any mistakes.
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the application process.