Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme is an initiative of the Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Karnataka. This initiative has been begun in the year 2020 by the Chief Minister of Karnataka, Shri HD Kumaraswamy. Today we are going to provide you with detailed information in respect of this scheme. Here you will get information like eligibility criteria, the application process, eligible courses, the objective of the scheme, documents required, and much other related information. To get the benefits must apply after looking over the eligibility.
About Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme
Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme 2023 is an initiative to educate students. This scheme has been started especially for the scheduled caste and scheduled tribe students of the Karnataka state. You can grab the benefits of this scheme once you have passed the 12th standard examination and going to take admission further. Under this scheme, all the beneficiaries will get a free laptop. To get the benefits you need to apply by downloading the application in the prescribed manner. A direct link to download the application is available below.
Also Read: Karnataka CM Self Employment Scheme
Highlights Of Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme
- Scheme name: Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme
- Launched by: Government of Karnataka
- Launched for: Students
- Launched in: Karnataka
- Benefits: free laptop
- Apply process: Offline
- Official website: Karnataka Free
Objective of Free Laptop Scheme
The objective of the Department of Collegiate Education, the Government of Karnataka behind starting the scheme is to encourage the brilliant students who performed well in the 12th standard board examination. Moreover, to promote digital education in the students, encourage them to pursue higher education in the field of technology, and provide financial help also to those brilliant minds who are not able to get technical education because of family financial crises.
List of Eligible Colleges
List Of Courses
- Medical studies
- Polytechnic colleges
- Postgraduate courses
- Studying in First Grade Colleges
Aspirants who meet the below-mentioned eligibility can get the benefits of the Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme
- Should be a native of Karnataka state
- Should belong to SC/ ST category only
- The annual income of the family should not cross 2.50 lakh rupees
- Must have 12th standard examination passing certificate
- Should have taken admission in higher education courses in the eligible fields in eligible colleges as listed above
- Aadhaar Card for identification
- Bank Account linked with Aadhaar Card.
- Caste Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate of Karnataka
- Educational Certificate
- Income Certificate.
- Passport size photograph
Also Read: Karnataka Farmers Child Scholarship
Application Procedure Of Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme 2023
To apply you should follow the below-given steps to download the application form format for Karnataka Free Laptop Scheme:-
- The home page of the portal will open on the screen
- You have to select the “Laptop Scheme” tab or directly click here
- A PDF file will open which contains an application form
- Download the application form and take a printout of it
- Fill up the application form by providing the following details
- Father name
- Caste/ category
- Annual income
- Marks in PUC or equivalent exam
- Other details as asked
- Attached are all the above-mentioned documents
- Affix your image on the form in the given space
- Apply to the concerned department.