Labour card scholarship 2023 is available in order to help all of the people who belong to the economically backward section of society and are not able to get proper financial availability so that they can continue their professional courses. The beneficiaries will be provided with the benefit of various types of schemes and they will be provided with financial benefits according to the course that they are pursuing in India. You can check out the details related to the Labour Card Scholarship 2023 from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures through which you will be able to apply online for this scholarship. We will also share with you all the eligibility criteria and the selection procedure which is followed by the authority for this scholarship.
About Labour Card Scholarship 2023
Labour Card Scholarship is available by the Ministry of Labour and Employment especially available for people who are working as unorganised sector workers in the country and they will be eligible to enrol their children in these types of scholarships so that they are children can get proper opportunities in the upcoming future. All the employed people who are earning less than a certain amount in a financial year will be eligible to apply for these types of scholarships so that they can get financial benefits so that their children can take admitted to prestigious courses across the country. The scholarship will be open till 15th November 2022 for all of the beneficiaries to fill out the application form for this scholarship.
Also Check: NSP Pre Matric Scholarships for Minority
|Scheme Name||Scheme Closing Date||Defective Application Verification Date||Institute Verification|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric||Open till 31-12-2022||Open till 15-01-2023||Open till 15-01-2023|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric||Open till 31-10-2022||Open till 30-11-2022||Open till 30-11-2022|
List of Scholarship Schemes
The following types of incentives are available in the labour card scholarship scheme:-
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Beedi Workers.
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Iron Ore, Manganese Ore & Chrome Ore Mine (IOMC) Workers.
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Limestone & Dolomite Mine (LSDM) Workers.
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Cine Workers
Labour Card Scholarship Incentives Available
The following benefits will be available to the authorities if they apply for this scholarship:-
|First to 4th class||Rs 1000|
|Fifth to 8th class||1500 Rupees|
|9th class||Rs 2000|
|10th class||Rs 2000|
|11th and 12th class||Rs 3000|
|Degree courses||Rs 6000|
|Professional courses||Rs 25000|
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for this scholarship:-
- The parents of the students should be Beedi, Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, and Cine workers with at least six months of service. This also includes Contract/Gharkhata (Home Based) workers.
- The total monthly Income of the Worker’s family from all sources should not exceed as under-
- a. Beedi Workers – Rs.10,000/-
- b. Mine Workers –
- The Mineworkers doing manual, unskilled, highly skilled and clerical work are eligible for availing all facilities under different welfare schemes of the Labour Welfare Organization irrespective of the wages paid to them.
- The persons employed in supervisory and managerial capacity are eligible for availing of the facilities under different welfare schemes subject to the wage limit of Rs.10,000/- per month.
- Cine workers – “An amount not exceeding Rs.8,000/- per month where such amount is paid monthly or an amount not exceeding Rs.1,00,000/- where it is paid by way of lump sum or instalments; as remuneration of a cine worker for the purpose of this Act.”
- The Applicant must have passed the last qualifying examination on the first attempt. However, Students promoted to the next class are also eligible to apply for the above scholarships.
- The Scholars pursuing studies through Correspondence are not eligible.
- Candidates for the award of scholarships should have taken regular admission for studies at recognized institutions in India in any course of general or technical education, including medical, engineering and agricultural studies. However, the following category of students is not eligible for the award of scholarships under the scheme.:-
- Students who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in a different subject. e.g. B.Sc. after B.Com. or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in one subject after M.A. in another subject.
- Students who after having completed their educational career in one professional line, continue education in a different professional line, e.g. L.L.B. after B.T. or B.Ed.
- The Educational Institute must be a Government/Government Recognized Institute.
- Students who receive scholarships or stipends from any other source will not be granted under this Scheme.
- The scholarship sanctioned is liable to be cancelled on the following occasions:-
- a. If the scholar is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statements.
- b. If the scholarship discontinues his/her studies, the scholarship shall be stopped from the date of such discontinuance.
- c. If the scholar changes the subject of the course of study for which the scholarship was initially awarded or changes the Institution of Study without the prior approval of the Welfare Commissioner.
- d. If the scholar fails to make satisfactory progress in the studies or is irregular in attendance or is guilty of misconduct during the academic year for which the scholarship has been granted.
- e. If the parent(s) of the scholar ceases to be a Beedi/Mine/Cine worker.
- The Scholar should have a separate bank account. In the case of a Joint Account, the first name should be of the Scholar.
- More than one child of the same worker also should furnish a separate bank account number.
- Each Scholar is required to furnish a separate Mobile Number.
The applicant must follow the following documents to apply for this scholarship:-
- Copy of the Identity card of the worker (Form B Register Number in case of Mineworkers).
- Copy of front page of Bank Pass Book or Cancelled Cheque (which should contain details of the account holder/beneficiary).
- Passing Certificate/Mark Sheet of previous Academic Year
- Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority
Also Check: National Scholarship Portal
Labour Card Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the Labour Card website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will be displayed on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
Check Application Status
If you want to check the application status then you will have to follow the simple procedure given:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called Login.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- You need to select your year from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Enter your application ID and password.
- Click on the option called Submit.
- The application status will open on your screen.
- For any technical queries, please contact Helpdesk at helpdesk[at]nsp[dot]gov[dot]in or 0120 – 6619540 (from 8 AM to 8 PM on all days, excluding holidays)