The Nowrosjee Wadia College Pune has launched the Maharashtra Talent Search Exam for students who are studying in classes 8th, 9th, and 10th. Under this examination, this scholarship will be provided to the selected student so that they can continue their education without worrying about any financial problems. All the meritorious student who clears the eligibility criteria can easily apply under this scheme by visiting the official website of the organization. The application forms are easily available before the last date. Check out more information about the Maharashtra Talent Search Exam 2024 in the article given below.
About Maharashtra Talent Search Exam 2024
There will be 2 written papers for all standards and will be conducted on the same day for 3 hours. The questions will be objective. Every year successful students are given scholarships to recognize and encourage the potential of the meritorious students. This article will provide you with information about the Maharashtra Talent Search Examination, objectives, eligibility Criteria, application procedure, rewards, important dates, and much more.
Also Check: Maths Talent Search Exam
Key Highlights of Maharashtra Talent Search Exam
|Nowrosjee Wadia College Pune
|Name of Examination
|Maharashtra Talent Search Examination
|Students studying in class 8th, 9th and 10th
|Application form will be released from
|Year of establishment
Objective of Maharashtra Talent Search Exam
The main objective to launch Maharashtra Talent Search Examination is to identify and unearth hidden talent in the rural and urban students in the schools of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa, and Gujarat by conducting written examinations and interviews for the students of classes 8th, 9th and 10th. Every year successful students are given a scholarship test to recognize and encourage the potential of the meritorious students.
Maharashtra Talent Search Examination Benefits and Rewards
Appearing for the Maharashtra talent search examination has proven to be useful as a preparation for National Talent Search Examination NTSE.
The merit list at each level will have urban and rural components.
Schools at all district places and within corporation limits will be treated as urban while all schools in villages and taluka places are incorporated into rural areas.
1) State Level Prize: Students appearing on the state-level merit list will award a State Level Prize of Rs. 1000/- each.
2) District Level Prize: Students who could not secure a place in the State level merit list but have made it to the District Level Merit List will award the District Level Prize of Rs. 400 /- The number of students selected for the award of the MTS Prize at the state/district level depends upon the number of students appearing for the examination from the entire state and the marks secured.
3) Special Prizes: Rs. 200 /- each will be awarded to those students who could not award State or District Prize but have secured marks more than particular marks.
4) Taluka Prizes: Rs. 150 /- each student who could not award State or District Level Prize but has done well in their Talukas.
5) Consolation Prizes: Besides these prizes, some students will award consolation prizes of Rs. 100 /-.
6) Merit Prizes: Rs. 5000/-, Rs. 3000/- & Rs. 2000/- will award to the first three students in the state-level merit lists of rural and urban areas for each standard. A special prize of Rs. 500/- will be awarded to a student standing first in each paper & every section of the written examination.
7) Other Medium Prize: Rs. 400/- will award to a certificate holder having maximum marks among Hindi and Urdu medium students.
8) Certificates: The students securing 70 marks or more out of 200 in the written examination will award a certificate of merit.
The eligibility criteria for appearing in the Maharashtra Talent Search Examination are provided below:
- All students studying in Std. VIII, IX or X in Govt. recognized schools are eligible to appear for the Talent Search Exam.
- The candidates must belong to the state of Maharashtra.
Maharashtra Talent Search Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern overview for Maharashtra Talent Search Examination below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Medium of exam: English/ Marathi/ Hindi/ Urdu
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Number of papers: 2 (MAT & SAT)
- Number of questions: 200
- Type of question: Objective type
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: One mark will be given for every right answer
Check out an overview of the MTSE syllabus below:
- Paper I – Mental Ability Test (MAT) Syllabus – It will have a slightly higher difficulty level than the mental ability paper of scholarship examination of Std. VIII.
- Paper-II – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) Syllabus – The syllabus will be the same as the school syllabus of Std. VIII, IX, or X for the whole year.
- The application fee for MTSE will be Rs. 150/- if the application form is demanded by the school or taken from recognized coordinators.
- Individual applicants need to submit Rs. 200/- (Rs. 150/- + postage Rs. 50/-) as an application form.
- Payment of the application fee can be done either by cash or via a demand draft drawn in favor of Hon. Director, MTS Examination, Pune and Payable at Pune.
- The admit card for Maharashtra Talent Search Examination will be released online a few weeks before the admission test.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website using their application details.
- The applicants should take a printout of the admit card and carry it with them to the exam center.
- No candidate will allow entering the examination hall in the absence of a valid admit card.
- No, admit card will be sent to the candidates via post, courier, fax, etc, and can only be downloaded from the website.
- The admit card should be kept safe by the candidates as a damaged admit card will not be considered as valid.
Maharashtra Talent Search Exam Result
- The result of the Maharashtra Talent Search Examination will be declared online and can be checked from the official website.
- Apart from this, the students can also contact their respective schools for the result.
- Candidates who clear the written test (only for class 10th) will have to appear for a formal interview carrying 50 marks.
- A rank list of the qualified students will be prepared on the basis of their marks in the exam and the interview, if applicable.
- Awards and prizes will be distributed to the candidates on the basis of their performance in MTSE.
Important Dates for Maharashtra Talent Search Examination
|Release of online application form
|Last date to submit the application form
|The last date to submit the application form with a late fee of Rs. 75/-
|Issue of admit card
|Date of examination
|Publication of provisional answer key
|Publication of final answer key
- Residential proof
- Class Marksheet
- Student Bank details
Also Read: Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship
Application Procedure for Maharashtra Talent Search Exam 2023
- Applicants first visit the Maharashtra Talent Exam website of the Maharashtra Talent Search Examination.
- The home page will appear on your screen where you have to click on the “Registration” tab.
- On the application form, you have to provide your details such as name, father’s name, address, medium of instruction, etc.
- After providing all the details correctly, the candidates need to take a printout of the application form.
- The printout of the application form along with the prescribe application fee should be sent to the MTS office.
- The form must reach the MTS office before the last date of receiving the application forms.
- Do not make any mistakes while filling out the application form as incorrect applications will reject summarily.
- Modern Education Society’s
- Centre for Talent Search & Excellence
- Maharashtra Talent Search Examination
- N. Wadia College Campus, Pune -1
- Phone : +91 – 020 – 26168486 / 26161479
- E-mail: email@example.com
Maharashtra Talent Search Exam MTSE 2024 FAQs
The Nowrosjee Wadia College Pune has launched the scheme.
Several benefits will be provided to the students under this exam
Applicants can contact us on the contact details mentioned above.
Applicants can apply under this scholarship by visiting https://www.mtsexam.org/