If you have recently shifted to Singapore and you want to take into account scholarship opportunities so that you can continue your education in a foreign land, you can apply for the prestigious Mahatma Gandhi Universal Values Merit-cum-Means Scholarship 2023. This is a very prestigious opportunity presented by the organization to help academically gifted people. We will also share with you all the eligibility criteria that you need to follow in order to be a part of the scholarship scheme and you can also check out the application procedure that you have to follow in order to be a part of this scheme.
About Universal Values Merit-cum-Means Scholarship 2023
The students who are doing really good in their examinations and also in their academics can apply for this prestigious Mahatma Gandhi Universal Values Merit-cum-Means Scholarship which presents by the Global Indian International School so that they can be encourage to continue their education and they also will be motivate to achieve more heights in order to continue their prestigious work. The application portal is now open on the official website and the students can fill out the application form till the last date of 31st January in order to be eligible for the benefits of the scholarship presented by the organization.
- The applicant must fill out the application form from the first of January
- The last date to apply for this scholarship is 31st January.
Objective Of Mahatma Gandhi Universal Values Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
The main objective of the different types of merit schemes presented by the Global Indian International School is to reward the dedication of the students who are doing really well in their academics. The students will be able to continue their artistic abilities if they get rewards by the concern authorities and they will be able to do more because of the encouragement from the teachers and the organization. The students will be able to enhance their resume after getting this scholarship and they will be able to get a source of recognition and pride. The applicant will be provided with a lot of opportunities so that they can continue their education without having to worry about the tuition cost. This scholarship is a great way to nudge students in the right direction.
The following awards will be provided to the people applying for this scholarship:-
|A||Gross family income below 60k||80% off tuition fee|
|B||Gross Family Income 60K – 80k (SGD)||35% off tuition fee|
|C||Gross Family Income 80K – 100k (SGD)||25% off tuition fee|
|D||Gross Family Income 100K – 160k (SGD)||15% off tuition fee|
Validity Of The Scheme
The applicant must follow the following validity details to apply for this scholarship:-
- (i) The scholarship will be valid for a period as per the tenure specified in the respective scholarship descriptions. There is no cash or other alternative to the Scholarship in whole or in part unless otherwise provided in the school’s sole and unfettered discretion.
- (ii) The Scholarship is as stated and is non-exchangeable, cannot be substituted, and is non-transferable.
- (iii) The scholarship is a benefit applicable for studying only at GIIS campuses and cannot be converted to cash or transferred to any other non-GIIS schools’.
- (iv) The continuation of the scholarship into the second year will be subject to the review of student performance. Students must achieve at least a score equivalent to the category based on which the Scholarship was granted to him/ her
- (v) If a student avails the scholarship for Grade 9, then the scholarship shall be valid up to Grade 10.
- (vi) For Grades 11 & 12 the student has to make a fresh application for the next scholarship.
- (vii) If a student is granted a scholarship mid-year in any particular academic year, then that academic year will be treated as the first academic year and shall be valid till the end of the subsequent academic year.
Terms And Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions to apply for this scholarship:-
- (i) Applications for Grades 11 & 12 will open 3 months prior to the announcement of Board results, and scholarships will announce within 30 days of the board result announcements. The scholarship terms and conditions may vary with every new scholarship and will be as per the terms prevailing in those years.
- (ii) During any academic year, if the student is already a recipient of any scholarship/ benefit, then the student shall not be deemed eligible for new scholarships or fee-related benefits announced for that particular Academic year. In short, a student cannot apply for newly announced scholarships or added fee-related benefits during the present academic year in case he/ she has already received a scholarship for that academic year. At any given time, a student can avail of only one fee-related benefit, either subsidy or scholarship
- (iii) The parent of a successful applicant requires to execute a scholarship DEED as acceptance of the scholarship within 7 working days from the date of notification of scholarship results.
- (iv) All successful applicants (new Admissions) are required to register within two weeks & join the school within 90 days of offering a scholarship or unless otherwise specifically mentioned by the school.
- (v) Students who avail of the scholarship are required to complete the full term.
- (vi) The scholarship is applicable on course fees and is not applicable on one-time registration fees, transport/bus fees, uniform, and miscellaneous fees, etc.
- (vii) Students who avail of the Scholarships requires to pay their term fees in full as per school terms. The Scholarship Sum for each applicable academic term will be disbursed at the end of that term into the bank account of the Parent/Guardian of the Scholars that is used for School fees payment through EFT/ECS/online mode.
- (ix) Scholarship sum refers to the entire amount disbursed by the School under the said Scholarship.
- (x) In the event any scholarship recipient is require to leave the school in the middle of the term, the student shall not be entitled to any scholarship for that term.
Termination Of Mahatma Gandhi Universal Values Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
The students will have to follow the following conditions or otherwise, their scholarship can terminate:-
- (i) In case Partial, wrong, and misleading information is provided, the scholarship will consider null and void. The scholarship amount which is already credit will have to refund back to the school. The school has the right to terminate the scholarship without notice.
- (ii) The scholarship may withdraw at any time if, in the opinion of the school, the scholarship holder’s progress or behavior is deem unsatisfactory. The scholarship will monitor and the applicant will be require to maintain good conduct.
- (iii) Scholarship recipients requires to take on the role of student ambassador or any other similar role representing GIIS to give publicity talks and testimonials as and when called upon to do so.
- (iv) Scholars will require to take part in community involvement programs or projects deem appropriate and/or directs by the school.
Rights Under The Scheme
The scholarship committee will have the following rights to exercise over the applicants of the scheme:-
- (i) Scholarship Committee’s decision is final for the allocation of scholarships
- (ii) No legal action can take in disputes in which claims raises against the school as to annulment, revision, or the issue of examination results.
- (iii) Scholarship Committee reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time and the current version can find on the school’s website.
- (iv) Scholarship Committee reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Scholarship program in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Scholarship program is not capable of being conduct as specified within these Terms and Conditions.
- (v) Scholarship Committee’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions in a given instance shall not constitute the waiver of such provision
- (vi) Scholarship Committee may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the selection process for the Scholarship programme as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- (vii) By signing the acceptance form for the scholarships, you explicitly agree to these terms and conditions of the scholarships.
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for this scholarship:-
- The applicant must be Singapore Residents (PR/Dependant Pass/Student Pass Holders)
- The applicant must come from a Moderate Income family as per Category Table
- The applicant must have Self Declaration form for Gross Family Income
- The applicant must have an appointment letter where a parent has relocated to Singapore less than a year ago
- The applicant must have provided family income documents/tax assessment (IRAS assessment document / ACRA) for the past two years. Appointment letter where a parent has relocated to SG less than a year ago
- The applicant must provide the academic performance for the past two years
- The applicant must go through the Scholarship Test and Interview (If Applicable)
Mahatma Gandhi Universal Values Merit-cum-Means Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
To apply for this scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of this scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The details related to this scholarship will open on your screen
- You have to click on the Apply Online button.
- You have to select the campus of your choice.
- You can now fill out the application form available at the official website and also you can send out an inquiry in order to successfully apply for the scholarship after you have selected your course.
- +65 6914 7100