If you are currently in Class 10th then you can easily apply for the National Talent Search Exam which is conducted by NCERT to identify talented students in this article today we will share with all of you the details of the examination. We will also share with all of you the step-by-step procedure through which you can easily apply for this prestigious scholarship scheme. Given below are the step-by-step NTSE Registration procedure and the syllabus details. Make sure that you are reading the article till the last to get most of the information regarding the National Talent Search Examination.
What Is National Talent Search Exam 2023?
National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a national-level scholarship program that was started in India to identify talented students and provide financial help so that they can continue their education and pursue their talent. The scholarship is provided in various teams including science and also management and law. National Talent Search Exam is organized by the NCERT to honor talented students and to provide them with a monthly scholarship so that they can kick start their careers in their specific departments. The scholarship is conducted for class 10th students and it has two stages. There are two papers conducted in this prestigious scholarship examination.
Details Of NTSE Exam
|Name||National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)|
|Launched by||National Council Of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)|
|Beneficiaries||Students of class 10th|
National Talent Search Exam Dates
|Events||Stage I Dates||Stage II Dates|
|NTSE application dates||Updated Soon||Updated Soon|
|NTSE Admit card releases||Updated Soon||Updated Soon|
|NTSE Exam dates||Updated Soon||Updated Soon|
|NTSE Result releases||Updated Soon||Updated Soon|
National Talent Search Exam Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria for both of the stages of the Scholarship exam:-
- Stage 1 (State level examination)
- The candidate must be a Class X student from any Government/ Private school in India.
- There is no domicile restriction. The candidate can be from any State/Union Territory of India.
- The candidates studying in open or distance learning are also eligible to write NTSE 2020, provided they are less than 18 years of age, not employed and are appearing for the Class X board examination for the first time.
- Stage 2 (National level examination)
- Only the students who qualified in stage 1 (state-level examination) are eligible to appear for the Stage 2 examination. The roll number, venue, date of examination details will be conveyed to the selected candidates by NCERT through its official website.
- Students Studying Abroad
- Indian students studying abroad in Class X or equivalent are eligible to write stage 2 (second level examination) directly and are exempted from the stage 1 examination.
- The candidate must have scored 60% in the previous year’s annual examination.
- He/She should appear for the examination in a centre in India.
- The candidates must request through the Head of the Institution where he/she is studying, along with an attested copy of the Class IX mark sheet. The request should reach the Head, Department of Educational Survey Division, NCERT, New Delhi by 31 December of the concerned year.
- The selected candidate will receive the scholarship only if he/she decides to pursue studies in India
NTSE Examination Pattern
To apply for the scholarship you must follow the following examination pattern:-
|Papers||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|SAT (Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences)||100||100||120 Minutes|
Syllabus For Mental Ability Test (MAT)
You can check out the syllabus for the mental ability test in this scholarship scheme given below:-
|Verbal and Non Verbal Analogy||Verbal and Non-Verbal Series|
|Alphabet and Number Test||Blood Relations|
|Distance and Direction||Paper Cutting and Folding|
|Venn Diagrams||Mathematical Operations|
|Calendar, Time and Clock||Missing Characters|
|Embedded Figures||Ranking and Arrangements|
|Word Problems||Cube and Dice|
|Water and Mirror Images|
Syllabus For Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)
The syllabus for the scholastic ability test for different subjects is mentioned below in the following tables:-
|Physics||Magnetism and Electricity|
|Motion and Force|
|Work and Energy|
|Light and Sound|
|Source of Energy|
|Chemistry||Acid, Bases, Salt|
|Metals and Non-metals|
|Periodic Classification of Elements|
|Structure of Atom|
|Carbon and its Compounds|
|Physical and Chemical Changes|
|Fibers and Plastics|
|Heredity and Evolution|
|Food Production and Management|
|Plant and Animal Nutrition|
|Diversity in Living Organisms|
|Cellular Level of Organisation|
|Some Common Diseases|
- Social Science
|Indian Freedom Struggle|
|Medieval Architecture and Culture|
|Early Medieval Period|
|Indus Valley Civilization|
|Conquerors from Distant Lands|
|Jainism and Buddhism|
|Popular Movements and Social Reforms|
|Nationalism in Various Countries|
|Introduction and Sources of Ancient Indian History|
|World War I and II|
|New Empires and Kingdoms|
|UN and International Agencies|
|Diversity and Livelihood|
|Resources and Development|
|Internal Structure of the Earth and Rocks|
|Maps and Globe|
|Our Country – India|
|The motion of the Earth|
|India and its Neighbors|
|Climate – India and World|
|Indian Physiographic Division|
|Drainage in India|
|Major Domains and landforms|
|Local and State Government|
|Arithmetic Progressions||Number Systems|
|Square Roots and Cube Roots||Direct and Inverse Variation|
|Surface Areas and Volumes||Simple and Compound Interest|
|Coordinate Geometry||Statistics and Probability|
|Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry||Linear Equations in Two Variables|
National Talent Search Exam Marking Scheme
The marks will be given in this examination as per the following marking scheme:-
|Stage 1||1 Mark will be awarded for every correct answer.|
|No negative marking for the wrong answer.|
|Stage 2||1 Mark will be awarded for every correct answer.|
|For every wrong answer, one-third of the marks will be deducted.|
|No negative marking for questions left unattempted.|
NTSE Qualifying Marks
The candidates will have to score at least the following qualifying marks in order to be qualified for the scholarship:-
- 40% Marks in each paper for General category students.
- 32% Marks in each paper for SC, ST & PH category students.
National Talent Search Exam Reservation Details
The following categories will get reservations under this scholarship:-
|Person with Disability||3%|
Guidelines For National Talent Search Exam
You must follow the following guidelines to be successfully elected to give this Scholarship exam:-
- Candidates who are awarded the scholarship are allowed to pursue the approved courses in Science, Social Sciences, Engineering, and Medical streams only. They should be willing to pursue higher education in India only
- Candidates should be certified as maintaining good conduct at their school and should continue their higher education
- They should not be absent from school without proper leave or informing the school authorities
- The candidates should be full-time students and should not be working anywhere or getting a salary/stipend
- If a candidate is getting scholarships under any other scheme as well, then he/she will have to decide which scholarship scheme he/she wants to continue with
- If any candidate is getting any other scholarship then, his/her NTS Scholarship will be stopped for that year and can be continued only after he/she requests NCERT for resuming the scholarship; they have to discontinue benefits from other scholarship schemes
- The candidates getting fee waivers/ one-time grants/fee subsidies and accommodation are eligible for NTSE Scholarship
- If any candidate drops studies or discontinues his/her education within one year of admission, the scholarship will not be awarded to him/her
- Candidates must clear all subjects of their course on the first attempt only. In case they fail to do so in any of the core subjects, their scholarship will be canceled.
- Candidates must carry their admit cards, pencil, pen, and photo identity card to the examination hall.
- All the candidates should reach the exam center at least 45 minutes prior to the commencement of the examination.
- Any candidate who is late beyond 15 minutes before the commencement of the exam, will not be allowed to write it.
- Electronic gadgets are not allowed in the examination center.
Application Procedure National Talent Search Exam
The step by step procedure to apply for the scholarship is mentioned below:-
- To apply for the scholarship, you will have to visit the official website for NCERT according to your respective States or union territory.
- The homepage of the organisation will open on your screen.
- You have to click on the NTSE option displayed on the home screen.
- A new page will open on your screen where you will have to fill up the application form with your specific details.
- Upload all of the documents and pay the application fees.
- Submit the form and download the duly filled application form and submit it at your school.
- The application form will be then forwarded to the concerned authorities.
NTSE State Wise Official Links
You can check out the state-wise official website for the scheme through the table given below:-
|State/UT||Official Website||Details of State Liaison officer|
|Arunachal Pradesh||http://www.arpedu.in/||Smt. Oyi BorangTatakDeputy Director(NTSE)Directorate of Secondary EducationGovt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Naharlagun, Itanagar-791111, Arunachal Pradesh.Contact Details 0360-2290307E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assam||https://www.madhyamik.assam.gov.in/||Ms RumiChoudhuryDeputy Directorof Secondary EducationAssamDirectorate of Secondary EducationAssam.Kahilipara RoadKahilipara, GuwahatiPin – 781019Contact Details 0361-2381657E-Mail Address email@example.com|
|Manipur||https://manipur.gov.in/||Smt. Ch. ShachiAdditional Director (S/V)Directorate of Education (Schools),Lamphelpat, Imphal (Manipur)-795004Contact Details 0385-2411095E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Meghalaya||http://www.megeducation.gov.in/||Smt. Margarette C. BlahSelection Grade LecturerDirectorate of Educational Research And Training ((DERT), Laitmukhrah Nongrimmaw, Shillong793011 (Meghalaya)Ph: 0364-2537025 08787796500Email: email@example.com|
|Mizoram||https://scert.mizoram.gov.in/post/ntse||Ms. ZohminglianiDeputy DirectorS.C.E.R.T., Chaltlang, Aizawl,Mizoram-796012Contact Details 0389-2347790E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nagaland||https://sarkarigo.com/||N. WoshamoResearch AssociateSCERT, Nagaland, KohimaContact Details 0370-2270160E-Mail Address email@example.com|
|Sikkim||http://sikkimhrdd.org/||Mr. Bilal PrabhakarDeputy Director (Scholarship)Human Resource Development, Department of Education, Govt. of Sikkim, Tashiling Secretariat Gangtok-737101 (Sikkim)Ph: 03592-201029 03592-220903Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tripura||https://scertonline.tripura.gov.in/||Mrs.Ambalika DattaDeputy DirectorState Council of Educational Research and Training, AbhoyNagar, Agartala,Tripura(West)-799005Contact Details 0381-2354209E-Mail Address email@example.com|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||http://www.and.nic.in/||Shri Joshi PhilipIncharge (NTSE)State Institute of EducationShikshaSadan, Link Road, port BlairSouth Andaman-744101Contact Details 03192-232730E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bihar||https://www.biharscert.in/||Sri Giriwar Dayal Singh(I.A.S)S.C.E.R.T. Mahendru Post Office, Patna-800006 (Bihar)Contact Details 0612-2370783E-Mail Address email@example.com|
|Jharkhand||https://jac.jharkhand.gov.in/jac/||Mrs.KalpanaJointSecretaryJharkhand Academic CouncilRanchi,GyandeepCampus,Bargawan Namkum, Ranchi- 834010Contact Details 0651-2261183E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Odisha||http://scertodisha.nic.in/||Dr. Minakshi PandaNodal Officer, NTS/NMMSTE & S.C.E.R.T.Unit IV, Bhubaneswar-751001,Odisha-Mail Address email@example.com|
|West Bengal||http://www.wbsed.gov.in/||Smt. ChinmoyeePattanayakDeputy Director of school education (Basic)Directorate of School EducationBikasBhawan, 7th Floor,East Block, Salt Lake City, Kolkata700091 (West Bengal)Contact Details 033-23348005E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com|
|Chandigarh||http://www.siechd.nic.in/||Ms. Manu Sharma(Lecturer)SCERT (UT)Sector 32 C,ChandigarhContact Details 0172-2676011E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|New Delhi||http://www.edudel.nic.in/||Satish Chandra Vashishth Science & TV Branch, Old GargiCollegeBuilding, Lajpat Nagar-IV, NewDelhi-110024Contact Details 011-26280413E-Mail Address email@example.com|
|Jammu & Kashmir||https://www.jkbose.ac.in/||Dr. Aliya QayoomAssistant Director(Srinagar)J K BoseJammu & Kashmir-190018.Mr. Suresh Kumar GouriaAcademic Officer(Jammu)Contact Details 0191-2494522E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Haryana||http://scertharyana.gov.in/talent-search-exam/||Sh. Sunil VashishtaLecturer Commerce, S.C.E.R.T., Sohna Road, Opp. Panchayat Bhawan, Gurugram-122001 (Haryana)Ph: 0124-2321909Email: email@example.com|
|Himachal Pradesh||http://himachalservices.nic.in/scert/en-IN/index.html||Mrs. Rajni SankhyanAssociate ProfessorS.C.E.R.T., RABON Solan-173211, (Himachal Pradesh)Ph: 0179-227135Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Punjab||http://www.ssapunjab.org/||Mrs. Rumkeet KaurLecturer in MathState Institute of Science Education, PSEB Complex, Block-E, 6th Floor, Phase-8, Ajitgarh, SAS Nagar (Mohali), PunjabPh: 0172-2212221Email: email@example.com|
|Rajasthan||http://rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in/||Mr. Rajendra Kumar SaxenaAssistant Director Exam,Board of Secondary Education, Ajmer, Rajasthan-305001Ph: 0145-2632877Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Uttar Pradesh||http://www.examregulatoryauthorityup.in/HOME.aspx||Mrs.Usha ChandraDirector,Bureau of Psychology SCERT, 2 Lowther Road Allahabad-211001 (UP)Ph: 7376270563Email: email@example.com|
|Uttarakhand||http://www.scert.uk.gov.in/||Dr. Harish Chandra BadoniLecturerState Council of Educational Research and Training, Rajeev Gandhi Navodaya Vidyalaya, I.T Campus, Nanurkhera, Dehradun, UttarakhandPh: 0135-2789655, 2789710Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chhattisgarh||http://www.scert.cg.gov.in/||Dr. Prasun SarkarProfessor,State Council of Educational Research & Training (SCERT), DIET Campus, Shankar Nagar, Raipur, Chattishgarh-492001. Ph: 0771-2442241, 2443596Email: email@example.com|
|Daman & Diu||https://daman.nic.in/||Sh. Salim A. DingankerState Liaison OfficerNTS/NMMSDepartment of Education,Building No. 5, Second Floor,PWD Office Campus,Silvassa-396230Contact Details 9724507337E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||http://dnh.nic.in/departmentsnew.aspx||Sh. Salim Dinganker,State Liaison Officer,NTS/NMMS Directorate of Education 1st Floor, Building No.5 PWD Campus, Above Animal Husbandry, Silvassa-396230 UT of Dadra and Nagar HaveliPh: 09724507337Email: email@example.com|
|Goa||http://www.education.goa.gov.in/||Sh. Jaywant Waman Naik,Vocational Education Officer,Directorate of Education, State Council of Educational Research and Training Alto-Porvorim, Bardez-403521 (Goa)Ph: 0832-2417276 0832-2413649Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Gujarat||http://www.sebexam.org/||Sh. Pandya DevdattBalvantrayAssistant SecretaryGujarat State Examination Board,Opp. Government Library,Sector-21, Gandhinagar-382021Contact Details 079-23248462E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Madhya Pradesh||http://www.ssa.mp.gov.in/||Tanuja ShrivastavController (NTSE)RajyaShiksha Kendra,PustakBhawan “B” Wing, AreraHills,Bhopal-462011 (M.P.)Contact Details 0755-2559952E-Mail Address email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Maharashtra||http://www.mscepune.in/||Mr.Dattatraya JagtapChairman & Nodal Officer(NTSE)Maharashtra State Council ofExaminations 17-Dr. AmbedkarRoad,Pune-411001 (Maharashtra)Contact Details 020- 26123067E-Mail Address email@example.com|
|Andhra Pradesh||http://main.bseap.org/||Smt. Vara LakshmiDeputy Commissioner &Liaison OfficerOffice of The Directorof Govt. Examinations, D.No.20-124, Beside SPNRCH HighSchoolOpp. Andhra Hospitals,Gollapudi,Vijayawada AndhraPradesh- 521225E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karnataka||http://kseeb.kar.nic.in/#||Sumangala VDirectorKarnataka Board of SecondaryEducation6th Cross Rd, Malleshwaram,Bengaluru, Karnataka 560003Contact Details 080-23341615E-Mail Address email@example.com|
|Kerala||http://www.scert.kerala.gov.in/||DirectorSCERTSCERT, Poojappura,ThiruvananthapuramKerala-695012Contact Details 0471-2346113, 0471-2516354E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lakshadweep||http://dietlakshadweep.nic.in/importantlinks.htm||Mr. Showkath Ali AAssistant – Education OfficerDepartment of EducationKavaratti,UT of Lakshadweep-682555Contact Details 04896-263825E-Mail Address email@example.com|
|Puducherry||https://schooledn.py.gov.in/||Mr. KuppusamyLiaison OfficerDirectorate of School Education,PerunthalaivarKamarajarcent.Edu.Complex, Anna NagarPuducherry-605005Contact Details 0413-2207260E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tamil Nadu||http://www.dge.tn.gov.in/ta/index.html||Mr. V.M. PrabhakaranDeputy DirectorDirectorate of Govt. Examinations,College Road, Nungambakkam,Chennai-600006Contact Details 044-28203089E-Mail Address email@example.com|
|Telangana||https://www.bse.telangana.gov.in/||Smt. VijayabharathiDeputy Commissioner forGovernment ExaminationsOffice of Director of GovernmentExaminations Chapel Road,Nampally, Hyderabad,Telangana-500001Contact Details 09177002454E-Mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org|
NTSE Exam Center
The scholarship exam will be conducted in the following examination center:-
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||KV No 2, Raksha Vihar, Minnie Bay|
|Andhra Pradesh||KV, Gandhi Gram Post, Malkapuram, Visakhapatnam|
|Arunachal Pradesh||KV No 2, Itanagar, Chimpu Post, Arunachal Pradesh|
|Assam||KV CRPF Mile Amerigog, Kamrup, Guwahati|
|Bihar||KV no 1, Lohiya Nagar, Near Heart Hospital, Kankarbagh, Patna|
|Chandigarh||KV, ASF High Grounds, Chandigarh|
|Chhattisgarh||KV No 2, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Nagar, Sector 4, Raipur|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||KV, Government High School Campus, Silvassa|
|Delhi||KV No 3, Ringroad, Near Seema Sadak Bhawan|
|Goa||KV, INS Mandovi, Panjim|
|Gujarat||KV No 1, Near Police Commissioner’s Office, Shahi Baug, Ahmedabad|
|Haryana||KV No 1, AFS, Sector 14, Old Delhi Road, Gurugram|
|Himachal Pradesh||KV No 1, Dharamshala Cantt, Kangra|
|Jammu and Kashmir||KV No 1, Gandhinagar, Jammu|
|Jharkhand||KV CCL, Rajendra Nagar, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||KV, ASC Center, Victoria Road, Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Kerala||KV No 3, Port Trust, Willingdon Island, Kochi, Ernakulam|
|Madhya Pradesh||KV No 1, Opp Central India Flour Mill, Hoshangabad Road, Bhopal|
|Maharashtra||KV, Bhandup, LBS Marg, Kanjurmarg WestKV, BEG, Near Deccan College, Pune|
|Manipur||KV No 1, Lamphelpat, Imphal|
|Meghalaya||KV, Happy Valley, Shillong|
|Mizoram||KV, Project Pushpak Zemabawk, Aizawl|
|Nagaland||KV, CRPF Camp, Lerie Hill, Kohima, Nagaland|
|Odisha||KV No 1, Unit 9, Near Ram Mandir, Bhubaneswar|
|Puducherry||KV, IIT Campus, Chennai|
|Punjab||KV, ASF High Grounds, Chandigarh|
|Rajasthan||KV No 1, Bajaj Nagar, Opp Tonk Phatak, Jaipur|
|Sikkim||KV, Post Tadong, Middil, Siyari, Gangtok|
|Tamil Nadu||KV, IIT Campus, Chennai|
|Telangana||KV No 1, Langer House, Golconda, Hyderabad|
|Tripura||KV (GC) CRPF, Adarani, Salbagan, Agartala|
|Uttarakhand||KV ONGC, Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun|
|West Bengal||KV, Ballygunge, Circular Road, Kolkata|
|Uttar Pradesh||KV, Lucknow CanttKV, New Cantt, VD Road, Allahabad|
- Phone number – 011-26560464
- Email – email@example.com