NMMS Application Form 2023-24 is now available in the different states of India and the students can now submit the application form accordingly. This is a very prestigious scheme that was created by the Indian government a while back to provide financial assistance to the students who passed this scholarship examination. Students who are studying from classes 9 to 12 are eligible to fill out the application form for the scholarship opportunity. They are provided with financial assistance of Rs 12000. Students can now apply for the scholarship opportunity because the application window for the academic year 2024 is open by the Indian Government and is currently receiving admissions. In order to get financial assistance the students will have to pass this scholarship examination. Check out more information about the NMMS Application Form 2023-24 here:
About National Means cum Merit Scholarship
National Means cum Merit Scholarship was created by the Indian government to provide scholarship examinations to students who are studying in classes 9 to 12. If the students pass this scholarship examination then they will be provided the opportunity to get 12000 rupees. Students can now apply for the scholarship exam by filling out the application form. The last date to fill out the application form will be in the month of October by the concerned authorities. Students are eligible to apply for the scholarship if they are in need of financial assistance. Right now, only the application form for Chhattisgarh and West Bengal states is available. The last dates are updated on the official website. The application form for other states will also be out in the meantime. These can be submitted by visiting the official website of the national scholarship portal.
- The applicant must be currently studying in Class 9th.
- The applicant must have got a clear promotion from class 8.
- The applicant must have scored 55% or more in the last examination of Class 8th. (50% for reserved categories)
- The applicant must be pursuing education from a government or a government-aided school in the country.
- The annual family income of the beneficiary must not be more than Rupees 3.5 lacs.
- The students who are studying in other private schools are not eligible for this scholarship
- General & Backward caste- Rs 100
- SC, ST & PH students- Rs 50
- General & Backward caste- Rs 170
- SC, ST & PH students- Rs 120
NMMS Scholarship Exam Dates (Tentative)
|Exam Date (Tentative)
|NMMS Tamil Nadu
|NMMS Dadra & Nagar Haveli
|NMMS Arunachal Pradesh
|NMMS Andhra Pradesh
|NMMS Uttar Pradesh
|NMMS Jammu & Kashmir
|NMMS Himachal Pradesh
|NMMS Daman & Diu
|NMMS Madhya Pradesh
|NMMS West Bengal
- Two passport-size photographs.
- Photocopy of SC/ST Certificate.
- Income certificate not exceeding Rs. 1.5 lakh from the Competent Authority.
- Disability Status Certificate from the Competent Authority.
- Photocopy of the Report Card of the last passed examination.
Also Check: NMMS Result
How to Fill an NMMS Application Form?
- The candidates will first have to visit the NMMS website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details etc.
- Enter the captcha code y
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will be displayed on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
Details Mentioned in NMMS Application Form
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- State of Domicile
- Scholarship Category
- Email Id
- Name of Student
- Mobile Number
- Bank account details
- Identification Details or Aadhaar Number
NMMS Application Form 2023-24 FAQs
If you want to fill out the application form for the scholarship then you can do so by visiting the official website of the national scholarship portal and creating the registration account.
If you want to be eligible to fill out the application form for this scholarship then you must be currently studying in class 9th and you must have passed class 8th with 55% marks or 50% marks if you belong to the minority community.
Yes, the students have the option to fill out the scholarship form offline with the help of their school teachers but you can only do so if your school allows the application submission of the specified scholarship.
Unfortunately, there is no edit window for the scholarship form so the students have to make sure that they are submitting the application form without any errors in order to appear for the exam.