The Pashu Kisan Credit Card (PKCC) Strategy was initiated by the Haryana government to provide loans to cattle farmers. Animal owners must have a Kisan Credit Card to be eligible for the loan. Haryana is the first Indian state to implement this program. PKCC was first distributed to 101 people in Bhiwani, Haryana. By March 2021, the government hopes to have issued 10 lakh cards. The Bankers Committee has guaranteed the government that the Kisan Credit Card Scheme will be available to all eligible candidates. Read below to check the detailed information related to the Pashu Kisan Credit Card 2022 like Highlights, Objectives, Features and Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedures, and much more.
Pashu Kisan Credit Card 2022
For the benefit of all animal husbandry farmers, the Government of India introduced the Pashu Kisan Credit Card. This card will increase the animal husbandry business in the country and help the farmers earn more. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to extend the PKCC services for working capital requirements for a variety of animal husbandry and fisheries-related activities. The interest rate on the loan offered under this plan will begin to accrue on the day that the animal husbandry receives the first installment. A maximum of Rs 3 lakhs will be obtainable for the rearing of cows, buffalo, sheep, goats, and poultry under this scheme. There is no need to provide a guarantee for an amount up to Rs 1.60 lakh in this case.
Highlights of Pashu Kisan Credit Card
|Scheme Name||Pashu Kisan Credit Card|
|Initiated by||Haryana Government|
|Beneficiary||Haryana Animal Husbandry|
|Objective||to expand the state’s animal husbandry industry|
Objectives of Pashu Kisan Credit Card
The main objectives of the PKCC are as follows:
- To help farmers who are associated with the animal husbandry industry
- Help them in expanding their business throughout the country
- To increase the income of the cattle farmers by 2022
Benefits and Features of PKCC
Some of the key benefits and features of the PKCC are as follows:
- Livestock owners can get a loan of up to 3 lakh rupees.
- The cow receives rupees 40,783, the buffalo receives rupees 60,249, and goats and sheep receive rupees 4063. In addition, the PKCC program provides rupees 720 for chickens (for laying eggs). Furthermore, for loans up to rupees 1.6 lakh, no guarantee is required.
- Cattle owners may be eligible for a 3% rebate from the federal government.
- The Pashu Kisan Credit Card scheme provides loans to cattle farmers in six equal installments.
- Interest Rates-Banks and financial institutions typically charge a 7% interest rate on loans. However, livestock owners must pay a 4% interest charge under this scheme.
- This scheme has a five-year repayment period, which means cattle owners must repay the loan amount plus interest within five years.
Applicants who want to apply for the PKCC must fulfill the eligibility criteria put forward by the Haryana Government. The eligibility criteria for PKCC are as follows
- The candidate must be a permanent legal citizen of Haryana
- Those who have a Kisan Credit Card
- People from the backward classes are eligible to apply for this program
|S. No.||Business Unit||Eligibility|
|Small Ruminants and Poultry||FarmersFarmers who raise chickens (individual or joint borrower)Groups of Joint LiabilityTenant farmers of goats, sheep, poultry, pigs, rabbits, and birds who own lease, or rent sheds) form Self Help Groups.|
|Fishery||Self-Help OrganizationsFarmers of fish (individual, partners, groups, tenant farmers, and sharecroppers)Women’s organization’s Groups of Joint Liability|
|Fisheries in the Sea||Self-Help OrganizationsWomen’s organization’s Farmers of fish (individual, partners, groups, tenant farmers, and sharecroppers)Groups of Joint Liability|
|Dairy||FarmersGroups of Joint LiabilityFarmers who produce milk (individual or joint borrower)Self-Help Groups (tenant farmers who rent out their own or leased sheds)|
While filling up the application form for Pashu Kisan Credit Card, some important documents will be needed by the applicants, make sure to keep them handy. The documents required for PKCC are as follows:
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Mobile Number
- Address Proof
- Land documents
- Bank Account
- Animal health certificate.
PKCC Loan Amount
The Loan Amount is given in the table below:
|Animal Name||Loan Amount|
Steps to Apply for Pashu Kisan Credit Card 2022
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the scheme:-
- First of all, go to your nearest bank
- Get the Pashu Kisan Credit Card application form from the concerned department of the bank
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details
- After that attach all the required documents with the application form
- Now, verify the application form
- After KYC verification, applicants will be given the animal credit card within 1 month