A lot of benefits will be provided to the people who will apply for the PM care scheme and these schemes were presented by the Prime Minister of the country in order to provide proper benefits to the people who have lost their parents due to the covid-19 pandemic. You can check out this specification related to the scheme from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the details related to the PM Cares for Children Scheme 2023 pmcaresforchildren.in Benefits Announced. We will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures to log in for the scheme.
About PM Cares for Children Scheme 2023
The Prime Minister of India has recently announced benefits for the children who have lost their parents due to covid 19. The Prime Minister was addressing the students around the country on 30th May 222. The benefits of the PM Cares for Children Scheme will be available to all of the people who have lost their life due to covid-19. The event was held recently as a massive public outreach campaign. The campaign started on 30th May and will continue till 14th June 2022. The Narendra Modi government will be also celebrating the 8 anniversary of the Modi government in the country and that’s why this campaign was started by the Central Government. This scheme was provided to provide benefits to children who have lost their parents in the covid-19 and do not have anyone to take care of them.
Also Read: PM Kusum Yojana
- The Prime Minister launched the PM Cares scheme on 29th May 2021 last year.
Objective Of PM Cares for Children Scheme
The Prime Minister of India recently delivered a speech on 30th May 2022 in order to provide benefits to children through the PM cares scholarship program. The Prime Minister said that he knows how difficult the situation was for the people who lost their family members during the covid-19 pandemic. He also states that the program aims toward the children who lost their parents during the pandemic. The scheme creates in order to help the children to get proper incentives so that they can continue their education or their livelihood without having to suffer from poverty because of a lack of family. The Prime Minister also said that he was very happy to be a part of this country and he wants to treat the children as a member of his family. The Prime Minister addressed the children and talked to them as their family members.
Benefits Of PM Cares for Children Scheme
The following benefits will be provided to the people under this prestigious scheme:-
- Support for Boarding and Lodging:-
- a) Efforts will make the District Magistrate with the assistance of the Child Welfare Committee (CWC) explore the possibility of rehabilitating the child within her/his extended family, relatives, kith, or kin.
- b) If the extended family, relatives, kith or kin of the child are not available/not willing/not found fit by CWC or the child (aged 4 -10 years or above) is not willing to live with them, the child should be placed in foster care, after due diligence as prescribed under the Juvenile Justice Act, 2015 and rules made thereof as amended from time to time.
- c) If the Foster family is not available/not willing /not found fit by CWC, or the child (aged 4 -10 years or above) is not willing to live with them, the child should place in age-appropriate and gender-appropriate Child Care Institution (CCI).
- d) Children more than 10 years old, not received by extended families or relatives or foster families or not willing to live with them or living in child care institutions after the demise of parents, maybe enrolled in Netaji Subhash Chand Bose Awasiya Vidyalaya, Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, Eklavya Model Schools, Sainik School, Navodaya Vidyalaya, or any other residential school by the District Magistrate, subject to the respective scheme guidelines.
- e) It may ensure that the siblings stay together, as far as possible.
- f) For non-institutional care, financial support at the prevailing rates prescribed under the Child Protection Services (CPS) Scheme shall be provided to Children (in account with the guardian). For children in institutional care, a maintenance grant at the prevailing rates prescribed under the Child Protection Services (CPS) Scheme shall give to Child Care Institutions. Any provision for subsistence support under the State scheme may also be provided additionally to the children.
- ii. Assistance for preschool and School Education
- a. For children below 6 years of age-
- Identified beneficiaries will receive support and assistance from the Anganwadi services for supplementary nutrition, preschool education/ ECCE, immunization, health referrals, and health check-up.
- b. For children below 10 years of age
- i) Admission shall be provided in any nearest school as a day scholar i.e. Government/ Government aided Schools/ Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs)/ Private Schools.
- ii) In Government Schools, two sets of free uniforms and textbooks shall be provided, under Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan, as per the scheme guidelines.
- iii) In private schools, tuition fees shall be exempt under section 12(1)(c) of the RTE Act.
- iv) Under circumstances where a child is unable to receive the above benefits, the fees, as per the RTE norms, will be given from the PM CARES for Children scheme. The Scheme will also pay for expenditures on uniforms, textbooks, and notebooks.
- c. For children between 11-18 years of age
- i) If the child is living with the extended family, then admission to the nearest Government/ Government aided School/ Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs)/ Private Schools as a day scholar may be ensured by the DM.
- ii) The child may be enrolled in Netaji Subhash Chand Bose Awasiya Vidyalaya/ Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya/ Eklavya Model Schools/Sainik School/ Navodaya Vidyalaya/ or any other residential school, by the DM, subject to the respective scheme guidelines.
- iii) The DM may make alternative arrangements for the accommodation of such children during vacations at CCIs or any appropriate place.
- iv) Under circumstances where the child is unable to receive the above benefits, the fees, as per the RTE norms, will be given from the PM CARES for Children scheme. The scheme will also pay for expenditures on uniforms, textbooks, and notebooks.
- d. Assistance for Higher Education:
- i) The child will assist in obtaining an education loan for Professional courses /Higher Education in India
- ii) Under circumstances where the beneficiary is unable to avail of interest exemption from extant Central and State Government schemes, then the interest on the educational loan will be paid from the PM CARES for Children Scheme.
- iii) As an alternative, scholarship as per the norms will be provided to the beneficiaries of the PM CARES for Children Scheme from the schemes of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Ministry of Minority Affairs, and Department of Higher Education. Beneficiaries will assist through the National Scholarship portal for availing of such entitlements. The scholarship award to the beneficiaries will update on the PM CARES for Children portal.
- a. For children below 6 years of age-
- iii. Health Insurance:
- a. All children will enroll as a beneficiary under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme (PM-JAY) with a health insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakhs.
- b. It shall ensure that the child identified under the PM CARES for Children scheme receives benefits under PM-JAY
- iv. Financial Support:
- The lump-sum amount will transfer directly to the post office account of the beneficiaries upon opening and validation of the account of the beneficiaries. A pro-rata amount will credit upfront in the account of each identified beneficiary such that the corpus for each beneficiary becomes Rs. 10 lakhs at the time of attaining 18 Years of Age
- Children will receive a monthly stipend once they attain 18 years of age, by investing the corpus of Rs 10 lakhs. The beneficiary will receive a stipend till they attain 23 years of age.
- They will receive an amount of Rs. 10 lahks on attaining 23 years of age
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scheme:-
- All children who have lost both of their parents, all of their legal guardians, all adoptive parents, or surviving parents to the COVID-19 pandemic from 11th March 2020 onwards are eligible for the scheme.
- The children will be receiving the funds until they complete 23 years of age.
Also Read: PM Fasal Bima Yojana
PM Cares for Children Scheme 2023 Login Process
To log in to the official website of the scheme you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the official web page of the scheme by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- You will have to click on the Login menu present on the web page.
- Three options will display on your screen namely Central, state, and district.
- Select the option of your choice and then select the information given below.
- You will have to log in accordingly.
- Candidates can call at 011-23385289
- Drop an email at email@example.com