The Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana, or PMRPY Scheme, is designed to encourage employers to create jobs by paying the employer’s Employee Pension Scheme contribution of 8.33 % for the first 3 years of employment. There is also a recommendation to extend this to people who are unemployed but are semi-skilled or unskilled. Only new employees are eligible for the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana’s benefits. Read below to check the detailed information related to Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana 2022 like Highlights, Objectives, Features, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedures, and much more.
Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana 2022
The Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) is a scheme that rewards business owners who register with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) for creating jobs by paying the full contribution of employers to the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) and Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) for new employees with a new Universal Account Number (UAN). This program creates to encourage businesses to generate jobs. The government will pay EPF and EPS under this scheme. The government will contribute 8.33 percent of the EPS and 3.67 percent of the EPF under this scheme. This scheme has two advantages: on the one hand, incentives will be provided to employers for creating jobs under the scheme, and on the other hand, job opportunities will be created as a result of the scheme.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Mudra Loan Yojana
Highlights of Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
|Scheme Name||Pradhanmantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY)|
|Initiated by||Government of India|
|Language||प्रधानमंत्री रोजगार प्रोत्साहन योजना|
|State Name||All Over India|
|Scheme under||Central Government|
|Scheme Objective||To Generate employment|
|Major Benefit||Providing Employment to youth|
|Government contribution||8.33% in EPS and 3.67% in EP F|
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) aims to encourage employers to generate employment by providing incentives to those who are registered with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). The scheme accomplishes two goals first, it encourages employers to create jobs by incentivizing them, and second, it helps a large number of workers find work. Apart from paying 8.33 % towards employee EPS contributions, the government intends to pay 3.67 percent to the Employees Provident Fund for eligible employers of new employees in the textile industry. The fact that these workers will have access to organized-sector social security benefits is a direct benefit.
Benefits of PMRPY Scheme
Some of the key benefits of the PMRPY Scheme are as follows:
- The employer gets a reward for increasing the number of workers employ in the business.
- The reference base for new establishments registering with EPFO after April 1, 2016, will be NIL or NIL employees.
- These businesses would employ a large number of people.
- Under the Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana, which is limited to Rs 12,500 per person, the subsidy is available up to 15%. For the North-East states, Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Jammu, and Kashmir, the subsidy is limited to Rs 15,000 per year.
- The employer gets a reward for increasing the number of employees in the establishment by paying a 12 percent EPF contribution, which would otherwise be borne by the employer.
- Self-help groups are eligible for a subsidy of up to Rs 15,000 per beneficiary, up to a maximum of Rs 0.25 lakh per group.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
Some of the key features of the scheme 2022 are as follows:
- In the 2016-17 Budget, the “Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana” (PMRPY) was announced.
- The Ministry of Labor and Employment is in charge of implementing the program.
- The scheme’s goal is to encourage the creation of new jobs.
- After August 2016, the Minister Employment Promotion Scheme requires that the names of new employees add to the staff reference base.
- Employers of the Prime Minister must be eligible to participate in the scheme to receive benefits.
- These workers benefit directly from social security benefits such as Provident Fund, Pension, and Death Linked Insurance.
- The entire system is online and AADHAR-based, with no human intervention in the scheme’s implementation.
- People who earn less than 15,000 rupees per month and work 240 days per year are eligible for the PMRPY program.
Applicants who want to apply for the scheme 2022 must fulfill the eligibility criteria put forward by the Government of India. The eligibility criteria for PMRPY Scheme are as follows:
- The candidate must be an Indian permanent resident.
- The recipient organization must gt register with the EPFO under the EPF Act of 1952 to benefit from the scheme.
- A LIN number requires for all businesses.
- The business must have a valid PAN (Personal Identification Number).
- Employees must link their Aadhaar numbers to their UAN numbers.
- Employees must be paid at least 15,000 rupees per year or less.
- The business must have a valid bank account, the details of which must be entered, and through which payments to the business can be made.
- For March 2016, the establishment should have submitted its ECR.
- On or after April 1, 2016, the establishment should have increased the number of employees.
- All new employees can be covered for new establishments registered after April 1, 2016, as long as the necessary conditions are met.
- The PMRPY’s registration deadline for beneficiaries through an organization is March 31, 2019.
While filling up the application form for Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana 2022, some important documents will be needed by the applicants, make sure to keep them handy. The documents required for PMRPY Scheme are as follows:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Aadhar Card
- Mobile Number
- LIN Number
- Birth Certificate
- Ration Card
- Residence Certificate
- Income Certificate
Steps to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana 2022
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana 2022
- First of all, go to the PMRPY website of the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the Apply Online link.
- Once you will click on the link, an application form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Address, father/ husband name, date of birth, gender, caste, etc
- After that upload all the required documents
- Now, review and recheck the application form to avoid any mistakes
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the application process
Steps to Login on the Portal
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to Login on the Portal
- First of all, go to the official website of the Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on the Login Button.
- Once you will click on the Login button, the login page will open on the screen
- Now, enter your registered LIN / PF code and the Password
- After that enter the captcha code
- Finally, click on the login button to get logged in to your registered account.