Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students West Bengal 2023 is only available for the students belonging to the scheduled tribe category and the students who are permanent residents of the West Bengal State. The scholarship opportunity is a very prestigious initiative created by the Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal. The government will be providing financial opportunities to the students for studying from class 9th to 12th. The students can fill out the application form by visiting the official website of the West Bengal scholarship. The financial benefits will be directly deposited into the bank account of the beneficiaries. The students can check out the details of these scholarships from the article mentioned below.
Objective Of Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students West Bengal 2023
The main objective of these scholarships is to provide monthly benefits to students who are not able to get the opportunity to go to school. The students will be provided with the opportunity to study in prestigious schools of the West Bengal State. The scholarship will be provided so that the expenses related to education are covered by the state government and the parents are not held liable to pay the school fees. Sometimes people come from such a background that it is difficult to even get food so paying the school fee is very luxurious. The parents will be motivated to send their children to school if their fees are already paid by the state government so this is the main motive and the objective behind the development of Pre Matric scholarships to ST students. The students can apply for the scholarship by visiting the official website.
Also Read: West Bengal Post Matric Scholarship
The applicant must follow specific eligibility criteria in order to apply for the scholarship opportunity presented by the organization of the Government of West Bengal State. You can check out the major information about the eligibility criteria that you need to follow in order to be a part of this organization from the pointers below and prepare yourself for the scholarship accordingly:
- be a citizen of West Bengal
- belong to the ST category
- be a student of Class 9 and 10
- belong to a family whose income is not more than INR 2 lakh per annum
Benefits of Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students in West Bengal
The scholarship opportunity presented by the West Bengal government will not only provide financial benefits to the students but will also provide mental benefits to these students. The students will be able to continue their education without having to worry about the different types of troubles that they are currently going through so this is a very prestigious opportunity. You can check out the financial benefits that will be provided to the people from the pointers given below and start your preparation for the scholarship accordingly:
- For Hosteller-
- Monthly Scholarship – INR 750 per month for 10 months
- Adhoc Grant – INR 1,000 per annum
- For Day Scholars-
- Monthly Scholarship – INR 150 per month for 10 months
- Adhoc Grant – INR 750 per annum
Also Read: West Bengal Scholarship
Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students West Bengal 2023 Application Process
There is a very easy application procedure that you can follow in order to be a part of the scholarship opportunity. A separate scholarship portal create by the West Bengal organization. The students can check out the simple procedure given below in order to successfully apply for the scholarship of their choice:
- First, you will have to visit the Pre-Matric website of Oasis scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage of the organization will open on your screen.
- Now, you have to click on the option called Students Registration
- A new page will open on your screen
- Choose the district where your institution is based.
- Now, enter all of your details.
- Click on submit.
- Now you will have to verify your caste certificate.
- Once verified you will direct to the registration page.
- Fill in all mandatory fields
- Click on submit.
- On successful registration, you can download your permanent user ID/application number and password.
- You need to download it by clicking on the “Download Login information/acknowledgment slip” button.
- Now you will have to log in using your credential.
- Click on the “Login Now” button.
- Enter your user ID.
- Enter your password.
- Now, fill in your further details and bank information carefully.
- Click on ‘Save and Proceed’.
- You can click on the “Verify and Lock” button to lock all the information filled.
- Once you have locked the information filled in, you cannot make any changes further.
- After successfully filling out the application form, click on the “Download Application Form” button to get the computer-generated copy of the filled-in application form.
- You have to submit the printed copy of the duly-filled application form along with copies of all supporting documents to your concerned BDO (Block Development Officer) for the Block area or PO cum DWO for the municipality corporation.
Documents Required For The Application
A lot of different documents needs in order to successfully apply for the scholarship opportunity presents for the scheduled tribe students. The student is can check out details of the documents that are needed by them to be submitted with the application from the pointers given below:
- Caste certificate
- Academic certificates
- Experience certificates
- The applicants are required to submit the application form before the last date of 28 February 2023
- The applicant must follow the eligibility criteria to be considered for the scholarship by the West Bengal government.
- The applicant must follow the terms and conditions available on the official website of the West Bengal scholarship.
- The applicant will be selected based on the qualifications that they have and also based on the overall performance that they have shown last year.
- The students will be selected as per the decision made by the selection committee.
- To get the major updates for these scholarships, the students are requested to visit the official website of these scholarships.
Disbursement of Scholarship Amount
The students will first have to provide the information related to the bank account number in the application form. The west bengal government will be directly transferring these scholarship amounts to the bank account of the beneficiaries and the beneficiaries will be able to track the status of the payment by visiting the official portal of the West Bengal scholarship. The scholarship amount will be provided based on the selection procedure that is adopted by the concerned authorities. The applicant will also be selected based on the academic improvement that they are showing in their school. This scholarship can also be given in different instalments and the timeline will be available on the official website.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students in West Bengal will help the students belonging to the Scheduled Tribe category to continue their education in the West Bengal State. You can apply for these scholarships by visiting the official website today!
- Backward Classes Welfare Department
- Government of West Bengal
- Helpline Number – (+91) – 84 20 02 3311
Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students FAQS
The Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students in West Bengal is a scholarship scheme initiated by the Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal. The scheme aims to provide financial assistance to students belonging to the Scheduled Tribe (ST) category who are studying in Classes 9 and 10.
The scholarship is open to students belonging to the ST category who are currently studying in Class 9 and 10 in West Bengal.
The primary objective of the scholarship scheme is to reduce the dropout rate among ST students by providing them with financial assistance.
The scholarship provides a monthly scholarship amount and an ad-hoc grant. The amount of scholarship and grant may vary based on the student’s merit and educational expenses.
Interested students can apply for the scholarship online by visiting the official website of the Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal.