Raja Ramanna Fellowship has been announced by the Department of Atomic Energy. This fellowship program is specially designed for active retired scientists, engineers, and technologists. Nomination can be submitted by the Head of the Host Institute interested in utilizing the services of the senior scientist. In this article, you will get detailed information including eligibility criteria, the application process, benefits, documents, and any other information related to the Raja Ramanna Fellowship.
Raja Ramanna Fellowship 2022
Online application forms are invited by the Department of Atomic Energy for Raja Ramanna Fellowship. Scientists, engineers, and technologists who have been involved in high-quality research in their specialized disciplines in the units of the DAE or any National Laboratory University or Institute and who after retirement are keen to carry out R&D in the field of their choice and of interest to the DAE can apply for this fellowship. You may check the detailed information in the further section of this article.
Highlights Of Raja Ramanna Fellowship
- Name of the scheme: Raja Ramanna Fellowship
- Launched by: Department of Atomic Energy
- Launched for: active retired scientists, engineers, and technologists
- Benefits: monetary
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: rrf.dae.gov.in
Objective Of Raja Ramanna Fellowship
The main objective behind starting this fellowship program is
- To carry out research and development in the field of DAE
- To carry out studies on policy issues in the nuclear arena
Benefits Of Raja Ramanna Fellowship
- Selected fellows will get
- Honorarium Rs.1,00,000/- per month
- Research Support Grant Rs.1,50,000/- p.a. which can be used for travel including international travel, communication, internet services, part-time services of office assistants and Stationery.
- Fellows working with NCPW will be provided with TA and DA as per their entitlement which will be reimbursed as per actual, subject to an overall ceiling of Rs.2,00000/- per annum.
- Applicants can take a maximum of 30 days of paid leave in a year
- Applicants should be a scientists, engineers & technologists
- An applicant must be retired from units of DAE including Aided Institutions
- Applicants must wish to high-quality RH in their specialized disciplines
- Unit of DAE (including aided institutions) or a University/ Institute or a National Laboratory in India may be the host institute under this fellowship.
- The age of the nominee should not be more than 70 years.
- Age proof
- Experience proof
- Passport size photograph
- Other significant documents
- The nomination form is review twice a year: around 15th March and 15th September
- Nomination form review may carry out at other times also in special cases
- Names of selected candidates will be announced in April and October every year
Raja Ramanna Fellowship 2022 Application Procedure
- Nomination can submit by the Head of the Host Institute interested in utilizing the services of the senior scientist.
- The nomination form must include the following details:
- Designation (at the time of retirement)
- Date of retirement
- Full Official address
- Date of birth
- Highest degree
- Field of specialization
- Professional experience during the last 10 years of service
- List of honors and awards with dates (including fellowships of the academies)
- List of publications during the last 10 years
- Write up on the program with which the senior scientist will attach as Raja Ramanna Fellow
- Facilities proposed (research, office space, residential, any other) are provided by the host institute to the scientist if selected.
- The nomination form should submit to the Chairman of, the Atomic Energy Commission AEC