Rhodes Scholarship India 2023 has been announced by the Rhodes trust. The scheme is announced for international students. Under the scheme, students will get financial assistance. The scheme is for the students to pursue their academics at Oxford University. Interested international students may grab the opportunity to apply. Students may check the eligibility from further sessions of this article. Moreover, the online application process, documents required, selection process, and other information are available below.
About Rhodes Scholarship India 2023
Students may apply for the Rhodes Scholarship India. The scholarship was first awarded in 1902. Students who are going to pursue their academics at Oxford University can grab the opportunity. Rhodes Scholarship India is available for 5 Indian students. Students have to submit an online application. Online application forms are available on Rhodes Trust’s official website. The online application portal link is open for a limited time so please submit the application before the last date.
Also Read: UCD Global Excellence Scholarship
Highlights Of Rhodes Scholarship
- Name of the scheme: Rhodes Scholarship India
- Launched by: Rhodes Trust
- University: University of Oxford
- Launched for: international students
- Benefits: financial aid
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk
Objective Of Rhodes Scholarship India
Rhodes scholarship India was introduced by the Rhodes trust. The scheme was introduced in the year 1902 for the first time. Since then the trust is helping students to pursue their education at the University of Oxford. This scholarship is for students across the globe. The objective of the trust behind this scholarship scheme is to help deserving students in pursuing their academics from Oxford University without taking the burden or stress of expenses.
- The opening date to apply under this scholarship is 1st June 2023
- The last date to apply for this scholarship is 1st August 2023
Number of Scholarship
|Country/Territory||Number Of Scholarships|
|Hong Kong Sar||1|
|Jamaica and the Commonwealth Caribbean||2|
|Saudi Arabia||Up to 2|
|Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine||2|
|United Arab Emirates||32|
The following courses are covered in this scholarship:-
- A BA with Senior Status (ie done over two years, rather than the normal three): Scholars who read for a 2nd BA may not apply for the third year of Scholarship
- A one-year taught Master’s course (MSc, MSt, BCL), followed in the second year by another one-year taught Master’s course (subject to successful completion of the first course): Scholars who read two consecutive one-year Master’s courses may not apply for the third year of Scholarship
- A one-year taught Master’s course (MSc, MSt, BCL): Scholars who read for a one-year taught Master’s course may progress to DPhil, and subsequently apply for the third year of Scholarship. This progression is not open to Scholars in the Maths, Physical & Life Sciences Division
- A two-year MPhil or BPhil (or BCL/MPhil): Scholars taking the MPhil/BPhil (or the two-year BCL/MPhil route) may apply for the third year of Scholarship to read for DPhil.
- A two-year MSc by research (or MLitt): Scholars who read a two-year MSc by research may not apply for the third year of the Scholarship
- A three-year DPhil: Scholars entering Oxford direct to DPhil follow the same application process for a third year
Exceptions To The Scheme
The following degree courses are not covered in this scholarship:-
- The MFE (Masters in Financial Economics) and the MBA (Masters in Business Administration): Scholars may only read these degrees in the second year of the Scholarship
- The MPP-MBA or MPP-MFE combination is not available (that is, neither the MBA nor the MFE may be pursued in the second year for those who take the MPP (Masters in Public Policy) in their first year
- The four-year Accelerated Graduate-Entry course in Medicine is not tenable for the Rhodes Scholarship
- Four-year DPhil programmes, eg the Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) and the Doctoral Training Centre (DTC) programmes. Scholars may pursue these programmes only if alternative funding is obtained for the final (4th) year of the programme
Benefits Of Rhodes Scholarship India
Beneficiaries who get selected under the scholarship scheme will get the following benefits
- Students will get tuition fee
- Along with the tuition fee payment of £17,310 per annum will be given to bear the living cost including accommodation
- Applicant should be an Indian, Australian, German, Singapore, etc citizen
- Applicants should have proof of home country citizenship like a home country passport or other government-issued ID proof.
- The age of the applicant must not be more than 26 years
- Applicant must possess a graduation degree from Institute situated in his home country with at least 60% off marks
- Applicants must have started at least 4 years in the previous 10 years in their home country
Rhodes Scholarship Selection Procedure
Section of the students for the scholarship will be made on the basis of the following:
- Applications submitted by the students will be scrutinized.
- Selected candidates will call for a preliminary session and personal interview
- Students to get selected for the interview will call for social engagement and a final interview
- Final selected students will get intimation via email
- Personal statement of 1000 words
- Academic Transcripts from the previous Institution in English
- Letters of Recommendation
- Valid Indian Passport
- Updated Resume of not more than two pages
- A valid photograph of the candidate
- IELTS or TOEFL score
Also Read: National Overseas Scholarship
Rhodes Scholarship India 2023 Application Procedure
- To submit the application form you have to visit the Rhodes website.
- On the homepage, you will see a scholarship option click on it and then choose the Rhodes scholarship link
- Read the information very carefully and then select apply button
- A new page will open where you have to select your country
- Click apply link and the application form will open on the screen
- Fill the application form with all the significant details
- Upload the important documents listed above
- Review the application form very carefully and choose to submit button for the final submission
- Must take a hard copy of the filled application for further use
View Rhodes Scholars Database
- To submit the application form you have to visit the official website of the Rhodes Trust
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Now from the homepage, go to the Rhodes Scholar Database option.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Now on this page, you have to enter the details in the application form like first name, last name, region, college, and year.
- The database will be displayed on the screen.
To check your eligibility for the scholarship scheme you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of this scholarship scheme by clicking here
- The home page of this scholarship will open on your screen.
- You have to now click on the option called Check Your Eligibility And Apply
- A drop-down menu will open on your screen.
- You have to click on the option called Eligibility And Application
- Now you have to check your eligibility by entering your country.
- Answer all of the questions and you will be able to check your eligibility for the scholarship.
No, citizens from other countries as specified above can also apply.
Some changes to the Eligibility requirement are there so students have to check the official website of the trust to get the information in detail.
No, accepted the scholarship for a limited time-bound. Application dates for students from different countries may vary. Students have to check the date from the trust portal.
The trust will forward the amount of the scholarship to the bank account of the beneficiary.
You may submit your query through email at email@example.com