Samsung has created a program through which it is inviting business ideas from the students and if your idea is selected, you will be able to take it forward with support from Samsung and Foundation for Innovation in Technology and Transfer (FITT) (IIT Delhi’s industry interface and India’s leading technology-based business incubator). You can check out the details related to the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow India 2023 scholarship available from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures to do the online registration. We will also share with you all the eligibility criteria that you need to follow in order to apply for this scholarship scheme.
What Is Samsung Solve for Tomorrow India 2023?
Samsung has initiated a Samsung Solve for Tomorrow India that will empower the new business skills of creative students and it will also help the students to understand the philosophy behind innovation. These students will be provided with an incentive through which they will be able to expand their network and make their dreams come true. The students will be provided benefits in three categories and all of these categories will be provided hampers of up to Rupees 100000. The top three students will be provided hampers and vouchers of up to Rupees 1 crore so that they can start their own businesses based upon the ideas that they have mentioned. The students will also be able to attend a three-day boot camp at the IIT Delhi campus. The winners will be provided mentorship for 6 months.
- The application window opens on 9th June 2022
- The application window closes on 31st July 2022
- The 50 shortlisted candidates will present by 7th August 2022
- The top 10 candidates will announce on 7th October 2022
- The result will be available in November
- If you advance to Round Two (Top 50 teams), you will need to be available to attend online training sessions exploring design thinking methodology and other digital technologies as well as mentoring sessions starting July 2022.
- If you make it through to the final round (Top 10 teams), you will need to be available for further training on innovation, entrepreneurship, prototyping, IPR, and other related topics starting in September 2022.
- Finalists will also need to be able to attend the awards ceremony in November 2022.
Samsung Solve for Tomorrow India Selection Procedure
The candidates will selection basis on the following phases created by the organization:-
- Phase 1: In phase 1, applications will be received on the website from all over India. These applications will review by experts, who will then select the top 50 teams for the next round. The website portal allows teams to check the status of their applications.
- Phase 2: In the second phase, teams are mentored by industry and academic professionals during a three-day boot camp held at IIT Delhi. Teams are then requested to submit videos with regard to their idea. These videos will evaluate by the Samsung jury who will then select the top 10 finalists.
- Phase 3: The 10 finalist teams will be provided with advanced training as an orientation toward business activities. The journey and origin of their idea may capture. Mentoring for proof-of-concept development, business plan, and soft skills required for entrepreneurs will be provided. Teams are then requested to finally pitch their idea in front of a jury panel. 3 winning teams will announce at this stage.
- Phase 4: In this final phase, teams are awarded a grant to develop a prototype for customer validation. Incubation support will offer by FITT, IIT Delhi for the prototyping phase.
The following awards will be available to the applicants who will be selected:-
- The top three teams will receive long-term mentorship and support from Samsung and IIT Delhi experts along with the financial grounds that will help them in executing the winning ideas.
- The top 50 students will get Samsung vouchers of Rs 1 lakh to study online.
- The top 10 students will get Samsung hampers worth Rupees 1 lakh.
- The top 3 students will get Samsung products plus grand upward of Rupees 1 crore
- Export interactions by Samsung will be available.
- The students will allow to visit the Samsung office and Research and Development centers.
- The students will get mentorship from FITT IIT Delhi
- The students will be provided regular training and certificates.
- The students will be appearing on a national TV show.
The applicant must submit the project on the following themes:-
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:-
- The candidates must get age between 16 to 22 yrs on the last day of the competition and can apply.
- For participants between 16-18 years, parental consent is require.
- Individuals or teams of up to three people can apply for the challenge.
- The concept should be original in terms of science and technology, or it should be a wholly new product with a social or economic consequence. Without any innovation, new business models may not consider.
- The team/individual should not have previously obtained funds/awards for the identical proposal from any agency or through other competitions for more than 5 lakhs.
Samsung Solve for Tomorrow India 2022 Application Procedure
To apply for this scholarship you will have to follow the simple procedure giving below:-
- You will first have to visit the official website of this scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The details related to this scholarship will open on your screen
- You will have to read the details carefully.
- You have to now click on the option called Register Now
- You need to enter your email ID and captcha code
- Click on submit and register yourself successfully.
- You need to fill out the application form and upload all of the documents in order to be