Sanskrit Scholarship is an initiative of the Government of India managed by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan. This scholarship program is for students from classes 9 to 12, Under Graduation, Post-Graduation, or Ph.D. level. Interested aspirants who are pursuing their academics in Sanskrit, can get the benefits of this scheme. To know the detailed eligibility conditions, the application process, the selection process, and other important details regarding Sanskrit Scholarship 2023, you should read this article carefully.
What Is Sanskrit Scholarship?
The government of India is in search of such students who are pursuing their academics with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a main or optional subject to provide them with a Sanskrit Scholarship. The duration of the scholarship varies for each class or level ranging from 10 months to two years. The number of scholarships offered to the students is depended on the availability of funds. This scheme has been started for the development of Sanskrit education. students may submit the online application once the application form-filling process will start. For more information check the further sections of the article.
Also Check: Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship
Highlights Of Sanskrit Scholarship
- Name of the scheme: Sanskrit Scholarship
- Launched by: Government of India
- Managed by: Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Central Sanskrit University)
- Launched for: students
- Benefits: monetary
- Mode of application: Online
- Official site: Sanskrit
Objective Of Sanskrit Scholarship
The objective of the Ministry of Education, Government of India behind the Sanskrit Scholarship is to
- Promote Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit education.
- Help students who opt for Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a main or optional subject.
- Encourage the student to pursue Sanskrit Education at a higher academic level.
Duration Of Sanskrit Scholarship
|Class 9/Purva-Madhyama first year||10 months|
|Class 10/Purva-Madhyama first year||10 months|
|Class 11/Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama- second year||10 months|
|Class 12/Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama- second year||10 months|
|B.A/B.A (Hons)/shastri-first year||10 months|
|B.A/B.A (Hons)/shastri-second year||10 months|
|B.A/B.A (Hons)/shastri-third year||10 months|
|Acharya/M.A-first year||10 months|
|Acharya/M.A-second year||10 months|
Benefits Of Sanskrit Scholarship
|Class 9/Purva-Madhyama first year||INR 500 per month|
|Class 10/Purva-Madhyama first year||INR 500 per month|
|Class 11/Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama- second year||INR 600 per month|
|Class 12/Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama- second year||INR 600 per month|
|B.A/B.A (Hons)/Shastri-first year||INR 800 per month|
|B.A/B.A (Hons)/Shastri-second year||INR 800 per month|
|B.A/B.A (Hons)/Shastri-third year||INR 800 per month|
|Acharya/M.A-first year||INR 1000 per month|
|Acharya/M.A-second year||INR 1000 per month|
|Vidyavaridhi/PhD||INR 2500 per month|
- Scholarships will be given based on the recommendations of the selection committee.
- Officials will place the recommendations by the committee in front of GIAC for final approval.
- Officials will prepare the list of awardees based on the cutoff percentage in the previous classes.
- Aspirants will receive a scholarship amount based on their course.
Applicants must have clear the qualifying examination and pursue Sanskrit/ Pali/ Prakrit as a main or optional subject in the course/ class they are studying in.
|Class 9/ Purva-Madhyama first year||Class 8 annual exam with 60% marks|
|Class 10/ Purva-Madhyama first year||Class 9 annual exam with 60% marks|
|Class 11/ Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama- second year||Class 10 board with 60% marks|
|Class 12/ Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama- second year||Class 11 annual exam with 60% marks|
|B.A/ B.A (Hons)/ shastri-first year||10+2 board with 60% marks|
|B.A/ B.A (Hons)/ shastri-second year||Shastri/ B.A/ B.A (Hons) first year exam with 60% marks|
|B.A/ B.A (Hons)/ shastri-third year||Shastri/ B.A/ B.A (Hons) second year exam with 60% marks|
|Acharya/ M.A-first year||Graduation with 60% marks|
|Acharya/ M.A-second year||Acharya/ M.A first year with 60% marks|
|Vidyavaridhi/ PhD||M.A in Sanskrit with 60% marks|
Also Check: Umbrella Scholarship
Sanskrit Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
- Applicants should visit the Sanskrit website of the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Central Sanskrit University)
- From the home page of the portal, you have to go to the schemes option
- A notification list will open on the computer screen, select the appropriate link
- Click the apply online link and the form will open on the screen
- Complete the application form by entering information like
- Contact number
- Email id
- Date of birth
- Category etc.
- Review the application form and choose to submit button
- Take a printout of the form for further use.
Note: No need to submit the hard copy of the application form. Only submit the online application.
- The online application form-filling process will start soon.
- The last date of submission of the application will update later.
- General Enquiry (E-PABX): 011-28524993, 011-28524995,
Terms and Conditions
Applicants must look over the terms and conditions applicable to the Sanskrit scholarship
- Applicant must have obtained at least 60% marks (General), 55% (OBC), and 50% (SC/ST/Divine Body) or equivalent grade in previous academic standard.
- Applicant must opt for Sanskrit/ Pali/ Prakrit as the main or optional subject for further studies
- Applicants have to apply for the scholarship again. It is not renewable in the next academic year automatically.
- You should not need to upload any document or sending by post or other means.
- Students need to open an account in any nationalized bank preferably State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Indian Bank, Canara Bank & or Union Bank of India for funds transfer.
- The bank account is must link with the Aadhar number
- The scholarship amount will be payable from the 1st of July of every academic year.
- Students who are already receiving any other scholarship will not get the benefits of this scheme.
- The students who accept any remunerative job during the tenure of the Scholarship will not get the benefits from this scheme.
- Students who undertake any other course of study which does not have a component of Sanskrit will not get the benefits of this scheme.