The Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation was established on November 21, 2006. Nursing Award, Sasakawa India Leper Foundation 2022 is open to all female candidates living in self-settled leprosy colonies who wish to apply for this Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation scholarship (S-ILF). Read below to check the detailed information related to Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship like Features, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Application Procedures, Selection Criteria, and much more.
Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship
Nursing Scholarships are available from the Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation (S-ILF) for girls living in self-settled leprosy colonies who wish to pursue B.Sc. Nursing education. Only institutes recognized by the Indian Nursing Council will be eligible for the scholarship.
Features of Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship
Some of the key features of the Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship are as follows:
- S-ILF will pay the institutes directly for admission fees, tuition fees, mess costs, and boarding/hostel expenditures.
- To meet their requirements, S-ILF would additionally provide each candidate a stipend of Rs.1000/- each month.
- Any fees above this will be borne by scholars. The maximum financial support limit for one student would be up to 88,000 (including tuition fees, housing, and meals) per year. This sum would be paid to the institute directly.
- Each scholar receives a total grant of Rs 4, 00,000 for a four-year study, which includes tuition, hostel, and mess costs, among other things. If a student’s college fees exceed Rs 4, 00,000, the student must make plans to pay the difference to the college.
Applicants who want to apply for the Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship must fulfill the eligibility criteria put forward by the Government. The eligibility criteria for Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship are as follows:
- At the time of application, the applicant must be at least 17 years old.
- At least one parent or candidate must have had leprosy and lived in a self-established leper colony.
- Only first-year students who will commence their studies/courses in the academic year 2021-22 will consider.
- In any given year, only one member of a household is eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants for B.Sc. (Basic Nursing) must have completed their higher secondary education (10+2) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English from a recognized school.
- Candidates in the arts, commerce, and sciences are eligible to apply for GNM.
- Applicants who have received a scholarship from another organization or individual will be disqualified.
- Applicant’s 3 passport size pictures
- Copies of the following documents that have self-attest,
- A birth certificate or other date of birth proof
- 10th class Mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
- Admission letter/call letter from the institute to which accepts; otherwise, the applicant must submit Annexure-I
- A letter of recommendation from the colony leader (Annexure-II) stating that the candidate is a colony resident and the sole candidate in their family
- Parent’s leprosy certificate (treatment certificate from the place where they were treated, a certificate from the District Leprosy Officer, or a disability certificate stating Hansen’s disease/leprosy) There will be no images accepted.
- State leaders will verify applications. The application will not deem complete unless it has been verified by the state leader.
While filling up the application form for Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship, some important documents will requires by the applicants, make sure to keep them handy. The documents required for Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation Scholarship are as follows:
For Sasakawa-India Leprosy Nursing Scholarship, applicants will selection base on the below-given criteria:
- All eligible applicants will get rank according to the merit criteria establish in the previous Board examination.
- Only if admission to a government-approve institution is secure will the scholarship fund get award
- Deserving students will get invitation for a personal interview, with the best candidates being chosen for the award by a selection committee.
- If a candidate declines the scholarship or is unable to get admission to a government-approve institution, the next in line will entitle to receive the scholarship.
Steps to Apply for Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for the scholarship
- First of all, go to the official website of the Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Click on Apply Here link
- Once you will click on the link, a new page will open on the screen
- After that click on the Click here to Register link
- The registration form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Gender, Password, etc
- Click on the Register button to complete the registration process
- Now, login to your registered account
- Once you are successfully logged in an application form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details
- After that upload all the required documents
- Now, review and recheck the application form to avoid any mistakes
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the application process
Qualified Applicants’ Expectations
The Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation will have the following expectations from the selected applicants:
- Consistent attendance and a commitment to learning
- Impressive performance
- Candidates must follow all of the rules, regulations, and disciplines of the institution/hostel in which they are enrolled. Any notification from the institute/hostel indicating a breach of the above will result in the scholarship being revoked
- The beneficiary shall submit regular performance reports every quarter or as determined at the time of scholarship distribution. The shortlisted candidates will be given a draught Performa.
- The students and S-ILF will work out a contract outlining their commitment to free community service.
- The Scholar is also expected to inspire and mentor other colony children.
For further details or in case of any query or complaint related to the scholarship, feel free to contact on the below-given details:
- Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation
- 2nd Floor, IETE Building,
- 2, Institutional Area,
- Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
- Contact Number: +91-11-24603439,24603440
- Official website: http://scholarship.silf.in/
- Mr. Tanzeel Khan: 9891572290
- Ms. Charu Gaba: 9990503759
The official website to apply for Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship is http://scholarship.silf.in/
The Last date for the submission of the Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship application form is 30 June 2022