The national scholarship portal hosts a lot of different types of scheduled caste scholarships for all of the students who belong to the scheduled caste category and they have a certificate that proves that they belong to the scheduled caste category. You can check out the details related to the SC Scholarship 2022 from the article provided below and we will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures through which you will be able to check the eligibility criteria and apply online for the SC scholarship 2022 to able to get proper benefits.
About SC Scholarship 2023
There are a lot of different types of scholarships available for people belonging to the scheduled caste category, especially those listed on the official website of the national scholarship portal. Candidates who are permanent residents of India and belong to the scheduled caste category can apply for these types of scholarships and they will be able to get an abundance of benefits so that they can continue their higher education without having to worry about financial differences that they are currently going through. The candidates can start applying for SC Scholarship as soon as they start their academic session in a particular organization. You can get a lot of advantages if you apply for the scholarship.
Also Read: AWS Machine learning Scholarship
|Scholarship Name||Application Timeline|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students||December to April|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students||December to April|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (National Fellowship for SC Students)||May to July|
|National Overseas Scholarship for SC Students||February and March|
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students||August and February|
List Of Scholarships
The following list of scholarships is available for people belonging to the scheduled caste category:-
|Scholarship Name||Number of Scholarship|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students||NA|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students||NA|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (National Fellowship for SC Students)||2,000|
|National Overseas Scholarship for SC Students||100|
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students||1,500|
SC Scholarship Award Details
The following awards will be available to all of the people who are successfully applying for this scholarship scheme:-
- SC Scholarship – Pre-Matric Scholarship for students of Classes IX & X
|Scholarship per month (for 10 months)||INR 225||INR 525|
|Books and Ad-hoc grants per annum||INR 750||INR 1,000|
- SC Scholarship – Post-matric scholarships
|Course||Day Scholar allowance (for 10 months)||Hostellers allowance (for 10 months)||Readers allowance (for blind candidates)|
|Group 1–(I) Degree and postgraduate level courses in medicine, engineering, technology, agriculture, etc. (II) Postgraduate diploma courses in management and medicine(III) CA/ICWA/CS/ICFA, etc.(IV) MPhil, Ph.D., and postdoctoral programs||INR 1,200||INR 550||INR 240|
|Group 2– Professional course leading to a degree, or diploma in Pharmacy, nursing, etc.||INR 820||INR 530||INR 240|
|Group 3– Graduate and postgraduate courses not covered in Groups 1 and 2||INR 570||INR 300||INR 200|
|Group 4- Post matriculation level non-degree courses (10th passed)||INR 380||INR 230||INR 160|
- SC Scholarship – Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC
|Duration||Name of the course||Rate of Scholarship||Subjects|
|2 yrs.||M.Phil.||INR 31,000 (JRF) for an initial 2 years and INR 35,000 (SRF) for the remaining tenure||Science, humanities, and social science|
|5 yrs.||PhD||INR 31,000 (JRF) for an initial 2 years and INR 35,000 (SRF) for the remaining tenure||Engineering and technology|
|INR 10,000 for the initial 2 years and INR 20,500 (for the remaining tenure)||Contingency for humanities and social science|
|INR 12,000 for the initial 2 years and 25,000 for the remaining tenure||Contingency for science, engineering, technology|
|As per the rules of the University/Institution/College||HRA (House Rent Allowance)|
|INR 2,000 per month in case physically disabled students||Readers assistance|
- SC Scholarship – National Overseas Scholarship for SC
|S.No||Types of allowance||US||UK|
|1||Annual maintenance allowance||USD 15,400||GBP 9,900|
|3||Contingency||USD 1,500||GBP 1,100|
|4||Incidental journey allowance and equipment allowance||USD 20||NA|
|5||VISA fees, poll tax, etc.||Actual fees||Actual fees|
|6||Air travel, Local travel, etc.||As applicable||As applicable|
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
- Full tuition fee and non-refundable charges up to INR 2 lakh per annum (for private sector institutions and up to INR 3.72 lakh per annum (for private sector flying clubs for Commercial Pilot Training and Type Rating Courses)
- Living expenses of INR 2,220 per month
- Books and stationery charge up to INR 3,000 per annum
- One-time assistance of INR 45,000 for Computer/Laptop with UPS and Printer
The applicant must follow the following selection procedure to be selected by the concerned authorities for these types of scholarships:-
|Scholarship Name||Selection Procedure|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students||All eligible SC students will be awarded the scholarship.|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students||All SC candidates are eligible subject to the application of the means test.|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (National Fellowship for SC Students)||All SC candidates are eligible subject to the application of the means test.|
|National Overseas Scholarship for SC Students||The students who have already taken admitted to one of the accredited foreign universities or institutions by an authorized body in that country for the academic being applied. The selection and screening committee will make suitable recommendations based on the guidelines provided here.|
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students||All the IIMs, IITs, IIITs, AIIMS, NITs, NIFTs, NIDs, Indian Institute of Hotel Management, National Law Universities and other Central Government institutions, ORInstitutes are included in the list of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) A++ and A+ Accredited Institutions, ORTop 100 National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Institution, OrInstitutions of National Importance as per the list issued by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). All Government and CPSE-run institutes, approved by the Director General of Civil Aviation in the case of Commercial Pilot Training Courses and Type Rating Courses.|
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to successfully apply for this scholarship:-
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students||Students should belong to the SC category. Parents’ annual income should not exceed INR 2.5 Lakh per annum. The students should not get any other funds from the central government. The applicant should be a regular student in a Government school or school recognized by the Government or Central/State Board of Secondary Education.|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students||The SC students enrolled in post-matriculation or post-secondary courses in recognized institutes/universities/colleges can apply for this scholarship. The annual family income of the student’s parents/guardians should not exceed INR 2.5 Lakh per annum|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (National Fellowship for SC Students)||A student belonging to the SC category only can apply. They must be admitted to MPhil/Ph.D. degree in a university or academic institution.|
|National Overseas Scholarship for SC Students||Applicants belonging to the SC category can apply. They must be below the age of 35 years. The applicants must have secured more than 60% marks in their last qualifying examination. The annual family income should not exceed INR 8 Lakh per annum.|
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students||The scheme is open for SC category students who have completed Class 12. They must have taken admission in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course in a notified institution through general selection criteria prescribed by respective institutions. They must belong to a family where the annual income is not more than INR 6 lakh from all the sources|
Also Read: Canada Trudeau Scholarship
SC Scholarship 2022 Application Procedure
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the SC website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details etc.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will be displayed on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
Check Application Status
If you want to check the application status then you will have to follow the simple procedure given:-
- The candidates will first have to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called Login.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- You need to select your year from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Enter your application ID and password.
- Click on the option called Submit.
- The application status will open on your screen.