SERB Matrics 2023 One of the most notable developments in the S&T sector in the XI Plan has been the setting up of the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) through an Act of Parliament, viz. the Science and Engineering Research Board Act, 2008. Promoting basic research in Science and Engineering and providing financial assistance to persons engaged in such research, academic institutions, research and development laboratories, industrial concerns, and other agencies for such research and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto are the primary and distinctive mandates of the Board. SERB aims to build up the best management systems which would match the best global practices in the area of promotion and funding of basic research. In this article, we will provide you with each and every detail about the scholarship, its objective, benefits, eligibility criteria, application procedure, and much more.
About SERB Matrics 2023
Considering the overwhelming response to the fixed grant scheme MATRICS, devised for active researchers pursuing Mathematical Sciences, and the demand from researchers belonging to other Theoretical Sciences, the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has decided to extend the fixed grant scheme to other Theoretical Sciences including Quantitative Social Sciences. Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support is an initiative by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) for Ph.D./ M.D/ M.S/ M.D.S./ M.V.S.C.degree holders. The MATRICS scheme aims to provide fixed grant support to active researchers with good credentials in Mathematical Science. The selected fellows will receive a research grant of INR 2 lakh for a period of 3 years.
Also Read: SERB Early Career Research Award
Key Highlights of SERB Matrics
|Name of Programme||SERB MATRICS|
|Objective||To provide fixed grant support to active researchers|
|Benefits||INR 2 lakh per annum for a period of 3 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||The applicant should be an active researcher|
Objective of SERB Matrics
To provide fixed grant support to active researchers with good credentials in Mathematical Sciences, Theoretical Sciences, and Quantitative Social Sciences. The main attribute of this scheme would be a submission of a simple 1-2 page mathematical/theoretical proposal. The funding provided would cater to the specific needs of Mathematical/Theoretical Sciences research.
Benefits of SERB Matrics
- The Research will be granted Rs. 2 lakh per annum for a period of three years.
- The applicants use this for the purpose to purchase textbooks and monographs.
- Purchase of minor equipment such as a workstation, laptop, etc.
- Purchase of software for research purposes.
- Travel support and payment of registration fee for invited talks or presenting a paper at national and international conferences.
- It supports collaborative visits in India and abroad.
- Travel support and other logistics for inviting students and young researchers for research activities.
- The applicant should be an active researcher in the field of
- Mathematical Sciences and allied areas
- Science and Engineering (excluding mathematical sciences)
- Social Sciences involves quantitative analysis using mathematical, statistical, and computational techniques.
- The applicant should hold a Ph.D. or M.D./ M.S. / M.D.S./ M.V.Sc degree and must be working on a regular basis in academic institutions/national labs or any other recognized R&D institutions.
- An applicant should have completed a Ph.D. or M.D./ M.S. / M.D.S./ M.V.Sc degree at least five years prior to the submission of a proposal, in order to have again individual experience.
- The applicant should have at least four years of service remaining before superannuation as on the date of submission of the proposal.
- Application Start Date – Update Soon
- Application Deadline – Update Soon
- 1-2 page(s) project proposal
- List of ten most significant publications
- List of all publications in the last five years
- Certificate from Principal Investigator
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution
- Plagiarism undertaking
Also Read: SERB Core Research Grant
Application Procedure for SERB Matrics
- The applicant should visit the official website of SERB MATRICS.
- The homepage will appear on your screen where you have to click on the Register Now link.
- Now registration page will appear on your screen where you have to enter your details such as:
- Name of applicant
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Identity proof, etc.
- After filling all the details correctly click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form
- Science and Engineering Research Board
- 3rd & 4th Floor, Block II, Technology Bhavan
- New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016.