SERB Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 has been launched by the Science And Engineering Research Board. This program is specially designed for Indian researchers who desire to pursue their research outside the country. This scheme is very beneficial for the applicants. Interested candidates who meet the eligibility may apply for the fellowship program. All the necessary details related to the program like the application process, important dates, selection process, and many more are given below. Applicants should read the article before going to download the application.
About SERB Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship
SERB Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship is an initiative of SERB, a statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology Government of India. Under SERB Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship the beneficiaries will get monetary benefits to pursue their research work outside India. Full-stop applicants will get a period of one year for their research work which can be extended further for another year on the basis of the progress of research work.
Also Read: Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
Overview of SERB Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Name of the scheme: SERB Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Launched by: Science and Engineering Research Board
- Ministry: Ministry of Science and Technology
- Launched for: Indian researchers
- Benefits: Monetary and other
- Mode of application: online/ offline
- Official site: dst.gov.in
Area of Fellowship
|Advanced Manufacturing||Energy||Materials||Cognitive Science|
|Algorithms and Combinatorial Optimizations||Modeling||Mental Health||Complex systems|
|Quantum Computing and Spintronics||Big Data||Humanoid Robotics||Encryption and decryption|
|Science of Climate Change||Bio-energy||Imaging||Sustainable Chemistry|
|Theoretical Mathematical Science||Biology||Mathematics||Genetic to Physiology|
|High-Performance Computation in Physics||Glaciology||Cybersecurity||Mechanobiology / Physical Biology|
|Petroleum and PetroChemical Engineering||Chemistry||Mechatronics|
Objective Of SERB Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship
Many doctorate degree holders who recently completed their degree desire to pursue their research work with a reputed organization. There are many reputed organizations in India but completing the research work from a foreign Institute adds value to the career. By starting this fellowship program, the objective of the Government of India is to build national capacity in frontier areas of science.
Benefits Of Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Selected candidates will get a fellowship amount equivalent to US $ 3000,
- One-time Contingency / Preparatory allowances of Rs.60,000/- to cover visa fee, airport transfer charges, insurance, etc.
- Economy class airfare and from their place of work in India to the place of the host institute and back
- The applicant should be an Indian
- The candidate must hold a Ph.D. degree in the field of Engineering or medicine from a recognized Institute established in India.
- Applicant must have passed his Ph.D. degree in the preceding 2 years. The researchers who are already regular employees will get two years of relaxation.
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 35 years
- Applicants must hold the offer letter from the institute where they want to do the fellowship. (except the USA).
Selection Procedure of SERB Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship
Selection of the students will be made by the selection committee on the basis of the research proposal submitted by the applicant in the prescribed area.
- Filled in application
- Biodata of the candidate
- Letter of acceptance from the host institution
- Letter of acceptance of research plan by the host
- Statement from the employer (For employed applicant)
- Summary of Applicant
The last date to apply for the fellowship will be updated soon.
Also Check: Kothari Fellowship
Application Procedur Under Fellowship 2023
Aspirants have to follow the further mentioned process to apply for the fellowship:
- Then go to the award & fellowship option from the menu bar and a drop-down list will open
- From the list, you have to select the “SERB Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship” option
- A new page will open on the screen along with the information read it carefully
- Choose “Formats and guideline” option and a new page will open
- Select the pdf icon or directly click here to get the application form
- Download the application form and take a print of it
- Fill in the details as asked in the application form such as
- Name of Applicant:
- Institute Name:
- Other information
- Attach the signed documents with the application form
- Submit the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Programme Coordinator, Overseas PDF Science and Engineering Research Board 5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor Vasant Square Mall Sector-B, Pocket-5 Vasant Kunj New Delhi-110070
SERB Overseas Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 FAQs
The application form filling process will commence soon.
You can submit the application form online or offline mode after getting the offer letter from the foreign Institute.
Yes, you can apply for this Fellowship only in case you have pursued your education at Indian Institute.
This is very clear in the name of the scheme itself, applicants have to pursue a doctoral degree to apply for this fellowship program.
Yes, you have to sign a bond in which you have to accept that the fellowship would be treated as a grant in aid if the followed return to India after successful completion of the fellowship program. In case the applicant does not come back to India or discontinues the course in Midway the grant will treat as a loan.