The Subir Chowdhury Post Doctoral Fellowship on Quality and Economics was established in 2010 at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). Subir and Malini Chowdhury Foundation supported the Fellowship. The Post-Doctoral Fellowship on Quality and Economics 2022 is being accepted by the Indian Students. The fellowship is given for a period of 3 months during each academic year, based at the LSE India observatory. The Fellow is expected to engage in research examining the impact of people’s quality and behavior on the economies of Asian nations, prioritizing but not restricted to, India and Bangladesh. The Fellow is expected to finish a research paper of publishable quality during their stay and make a presentation at a seminar arranged by the India Observatory.
Subir Chowdhury Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2022
Economics and Political Science invites applications for its Subir Chowdhury Post-Doctoral Fellowship on Quality and Economics 2022 from Ph.D. degree holders. The fellowship duration is of 3 months based at the LSE India observatory. The selected candidates will receive up to £1,750 a month and this will be considered as a monthly allowance. The number of Scholarships provided is not determined. It depends on the number and quality of the applicants each year. The London School of Economics and Political Science is one of the world-class centers for its concentration of teaching and research across the full range of social, political, and economic science. The fellowship is given to pursue a Post Doctoral program and is awarded on quality and economics.
Key Highlights of Subir Chowdhury Post-Doctoral Fellowship
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based, College-Specific|
|Offered by||Subir and Malini Chowdhury Foundation|
|Organization||LSE and Subir Chowdhury Post-Doctoral Fellowship|
|Name of Scholarship||Subir Chowdhury Post-Doctoral Fellowship|
|Application Deadline||27th April 2022|
|Number of scholarships||1|
|International Students Eligible||Yes|
Objective of Subir Chowdhury Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- The main objective of the Post-Doctoral Fellowship is to examine the links between quality and economics.
- The fellow is expects to finish a research paper of publishable quality during their stay and make a presentation at a seminar arranged by the India observatory.
- The fellow is expects to engage in research examining the impact of people’s quality and behaviour on the economies of Asian nations, prioritising but not restricted to India and Bangladesh.
Benefits of Post-Doctoral Fellowship
The following benefits will give to the selected scholars:
- A monthly subsistence allowance of up to GBP 1,750
- Shared workspaces and access to research facilities at the School
- Assistance towards the cost of travel and related expenses
- Applicants should have award their PhD – the fellowship is not intended for students registered for a degree or diploma, nor is it intended for senior academics.
- Applicants should be early career researchers examining the impact of people quality and behaviour on the economies of Asian nations, prioritising but not restricted to, India and Bangladesh.
- The Fellowship allows for any scholar to participate in the programme regardless of ethnicity or national origin.
- The applying candidates should be early career researchers working on the impact of people quality and behaviour on economies.
The following documents need to be attach along with the application:
- A cover letter of no more than 1 page
- A curriculum vitae not exceeding 3 pages
- An outline of proposed research (including detailed methodology, literature review and timeline) not exceeding 3 pages
- Names and addresses of two referees, familiar with the applicant’s research
- Note: The proposal should clearly state the links between the quality and economics of the intended research.
The last date for application form submission is 27th April 2022. So, candidates must submit an application form before the last date.
Application Procedure for Subir Chowdhury Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- The applicant should address the application to “The Fellowships Selection Committee, India Observatory, London School of Economics & Political Science”.
- Attach all the required documents such as:
- Curriculum Vitae not exceeding 3 pages etc.
- Send the application to India.Observatory@lse.ac.uk
- Send the application by post at the following address:
- The Fellowships Selection Committee,
- India Observatory, London School of Economics & Political Science,
- Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, UK
- The London School of Economics and Political Science,
- Houghton Street,
- London WC2A 2AE, UK,
- Phone: +44(0)2074057686
- Email: India.Observatory@lse.ac.uk