On the 50th Independence Day of India Government of the country announced the scheme named “Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2022”. This scheme is specially designed for the selected number of young scientists. Many of you desire to know about the scheme like what is it, how is it beneficial, what benefits the beneficiary will get, who can grab the benefits and many more. The answer to all these questions is available in this article from the eligibility criteria to apply process, each and every single detail we try to cover. Read the article till the end to grab the information.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2022
Swarnajayanti Fellowship scheme is launched for the Ph.D. degree holders in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine field. Under this scheme, special assistance will be given by the government to the beneficiaries to complete their research in the frontier areas of science and technology. The beneficiaries selected for the scheme will allow feeling free to complete their research in terms of expenditure as approved in the research plan. If you desire to apply for the scheme, then go through this article very carefully and collect all the significant information.
Highlights of Swarnajayanti Fellowship
- Scheme name: Swarnajayanti Fellowship
- Launched by: Government of India
- Launched for: Scientists
- Ministry: Ministry of Science & Technology
- Department: Department of Science & Technology
- Year: 2022
- Duration: 5 years
- Benefits: monetary
- Apply mode: online
- Official website: www.dst.gov.in & www.serb.gov.in.
Benefits of Swarnajayanti Fellowship
Under this scheme beneficiaries will be awarded Rs 25000/- per month in addition to the salary drawn from the parent Institute for a period of 5 years. The selected fellow and their project will be funded by the Science & Engineering Research Board as per the norms for fellowship, recurring and non-recurring heads.
- Indian natives only eligible to apply
- Applicants must possess a Ph.D. degree in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine
- The age of the seekers should be in between 30 to 40 years
- Applicant must have a regular position in a recognized Indian academic/research organization
- Applicant should not be drawing Fellowship from any other Scheme of the Government of India.
- The project should contain innovative research idea
- The project should have the potential of making an impact on R&D in the discipline
- Address proof of candidate – passport or driving license
- All mark sheets and certificates of higher qualifications
- Birth certificate
- ID card issued by the parent institute
- PAN card or Aadhaar card of the candidate
- Specific mark sheets of the qualifying exam
Application Process Swarnajayanti Fellowship
- To apply for the scheme candidates, need to go to the official website of the DST online portal
- From the home page of the portal, you have to look over the link “New PI Registration” option available in the menu bar
- Click the option to open the registration form and start filing the details in the application
- Login id
- Date of birth
- Aadhaar number
- Institute address etc.
- Complete the form, enter the captcha code shown in the image and hit submit button
- You will receive a verification email, click the link sent in the email to create your password
- Create a password, enter a captcha code and hit submit button to complete the registration process
- Now login with the id and password to seek the application
- Look for the scheme link and hit apply button
- Complete the form with the rest information and upload the documents
- Preview the filled application form and if no change is required to make hit submit button
Important Dates (Tentative)
- The start date to seek application is 11th February 2022
- The last date to seek an application for the scheme is 31st March 2022.
- The last date for correction is 30 June 2022.
- The result will be declared in July.
View List of Awardees 2020-21
- To view the list of selected candidates, you need to go to the official website of the DST online portal.
- From the home page of the portal, you have to look over the Swarnajayanti Fellowship option.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Select the List of Awardees- SwarnaJayanti Fellowships Scheme- 2020-21 option.
- A new pdf file will open on the screen.
- The file will have all the details of the selected awardees for the fellowship.
If you are facing any technical issue in registering or applying for the scheme contact the authorities via email at ‘pmso[dot]dst[at]nic[dot]in’