Applications for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship for the Academic Year 2023 are now open. The Swiss government funds around 500 master’s and doctoral degree scholarships. Those who have been waiting for this exciting opportunity can now apply. The Swiss Government Scholarships are extremely prestigious. The Swiss government will fund all of the costs.
We’ve also created and included some instructions and recommendations on how to apply for the Switzerland Government Scholarship and ensure your chances. Switzerland has one of the most respected higher education systems in Europe. There are also certain European countries where you can study without taking the IELTS exam. The following is a complete list of details regarding the Switzerland Government Scholarship.
About Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2023
International students can apply for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2023, which is completely supported. This award is available for master’s, doctoral, and postdoctoral studies. This scholarship includes a monthly stipend, tuition price waivers, health insurance, plane travel, and a housing allowance.
The Swiss Scholarship is co-sponsored by the Swiss government and the Federal Commission of Scholarships (FCS). More than 180 countries are eligible for Swiss Government Scholarships. Participants of any nationality are welcome to participate. This award is open to highly educated postgraduate researchers from various academic subjects as well as young medical physicians.
The Research Scholarship is open to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (with a master’s degree or higher) who wish to come to Switzerland to pursue doctoral or post-doctoral research or studies. Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, and the two federal institutes of technology.
Also Check: JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship
Key Highlights of Scholarship
|Name of Scholarship||Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2023|
|Conducted by||Switzerland Government|
|Objective||An opportunity for young international researchers with a master’s or Ph.D. degree|
|Benefits||Fully funded Scholarship|
|Program period||Depends on the chosen degree|
|Deadline||30th September 2021|
|Official website||Swiss Government|
Objective of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship
The Swiss Confederation provides Government Excellence Scholarships every year to encourage international interaction and research collaboration between Switzerland and over 180 other nations. The Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students, the granting organization, chooses the recipients (FCS). The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are for young international researchers with a master’s or Ph.D. degree, as well as foreign artists with a bachelor’s degree.
Benefits of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship
The Swiss government is giving fully funded scholarships to overseas students in Switzerland, which will cover all of the expenses listed:
- The scholarship amounts to a monthly payment of CHF 1,920.
- For non-EU and non-EFTA grantees only: the FCS pays mandatory Swiss health insurance.
- There are no family allowances.
- Scholarship holders from non-EU and non-EFTA countries receive a flight allowance (lump sum) for a ticket back to their country of origin (provided at the end of the scholarship).
- Special CHF 300 housing allowance (paid once at the beginning of the scholarship).
- One-year half-fare public transportation card.
- Support services and various trips, dinners, and sightseeing tours are organized for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holders.
- Please refer to the country-specific fact sheets for exact scholarship benefits.
- English is a required language.
- All countries in the globe are eligible.
- Master’s degree or equivalent university degree earned before July 31, 2021 (degree certificate) from a Swiss university. Before the start of the scholarship, the degree must be presented to the Federal Commission for Scholarships as verification.
- Applicants must have been born on or after December 31, 1985.
- Applicants who have lived in Switzerland for more than a year at the time of the scholarship application deadline in September are ineligible.
- The Applicants must provide a letter from a Swiss academic host professor (along with a brief CV) indicating why she or he is ready to oversee and support the study. The application will be refused if it does not have this support.
- A research proposal with a time period is required of all applicants. This is the application’s focal point. The applicant must give it all of his or her attention.
- Applicants must be fluent in the essential language capabilities for the research/studies.
- Applicants who have previously received a Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship are unable to apply for another.
- During the award duration, scholarship recipients are expected to relocate to Switzerland.
Note: Specific qualifying conditions may be found in the nation fact sheets.
Types of Scholarships in Switzerland
- Research Scholarships: Post-graduate researchers in any subject (with a master’s degree as a minimum) are eligible for the Research Scholarship.
- Art Scholarship: Students interested in pursuing an initial master’s degree in Switzerland can apply for art scholarships.
The Last Date to Apply for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2023 will update soon
- Signed medical certificate.
- Signed FCS application form with photos
- Copy of the letter from an academic post professor at the chosen Swiss university confirming why he/she is willing to supervise and support the research.
- A letter of motivation
- A full CV with a list of academic publications, awards, etc.
- Study plan or statement of purpose
- Photocopies of certificates and grade sheets from previously attended universities.
Application Procedure for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2023
Candidates are required to send the above-listed documents to their local Swiss Country Embassies prior to their country-specific deadline and you can check the country-specific Swiss Scholarship application and deadline information from the link which is given below:
For more queries you can contact them through these details:
- General Information
- +41 58 462 21 29
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm, 13:00 pm to 17:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm, 13:00 pm to 16:30 pm