If you want to help the low-income communities present in India then you will have to register yourself for the Teach For India Fellowship program available for the academic year 2023. This program will be helpful for the communities that are not able to gain an education because of the lower statistics of teachers available in their communities or in their schools. We will share with all of you the details of the fellowship program including the eligibility criteria and the step-by-step procedure to apply for it.
About Teach for India Fellowship 2023
Teach for India fellowship is a fellowship program that is available for the brightest individuals currently residing in India. This opportunity is for the people who want to serve as full-time teachers to children who are not able to afford education. The teachers will be provided with the opportunity so they can teach underserved communities and help them to take knowledge without the burden of expenses. In this fellowship, full-time teachers will be liable to teach in Government schools or private low-income schools for a time period of two years. The teachers can teach from Class 1st to Class 10th and they can also teach various subjects according to their wish.
Also Check: UGC Scholarship
Details Of Teach for India Fellowship
|Name||Teach for India Fellowship 2022|
|Launched by||Teach For India|
|Objective||Providing teachers for under deserving schools|
|Beneficiaries||Students studying in low-income schools|
|Rounds||Application Outcome Date|
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- The candidates should be Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India.
- They should have at least an undergraduate degree by June/July 2021.
- Candidates who are studying or working as professionals and entrepreneurs are eligible to apply.
- The candidates should be applying to the Teach for India Fellowship for the first time in 2021.
- The candidates should be passionate and committed to the movement.
- They should possess critical thinking, problem-solving, and resolving skills. They must also demonstrate interpersonal skills by interacting with the stakeholders.
- The candidates should have an excellent academic record.
- They must be proficient in the English language as the selected fellows will teach in English medium schools.
Teach for India Fellowship Rewards Details
The following rewards will be provided to the candidates in this scholarship:-
- Candidates will receive the Teach for India Fellowship amount, i.e. INR 20,142 per month as their salary.
- Those who are relocating will receive an amount between INR 5,300 to INR 10,000 as HRA.
- Teach for India Fellowship will grant an allowance for school supplies.
- The selected fellows will get an opportunity to teach in one of the following cities:
The applicant will have to go through the foreign selection procedure in this scholarship:-
- The selection committee primarily chooses fellows based on their academic performance, leadership qualities, organizational skills, core competencies, and a strong desire for success.
- The selection procedure includes three stages.
- The Teach for India Fellowship has a selectivity rate ranging from 6% to 8.5%. The Teach for India Fellowship selection process consists of three stages, and they are:
- The candidates should finish the online test to complete the application procedure. Stage I of the selection process includes the following:
- The applicant can provide detailed information in the application form.
- They should convince the selection committee on why they would be a perfect fit for the fellowship.
- After submitting the application form, the candidates should attend the online test (AMCAT). It is a one-hour test, and it mainly focuses on the English language and situational judgment.
- The committee will shortlist the candidates based on the applications and the Teach for India Fellowship results of the online test. The selection process in stage II involves the following:
- The shortlisted candidates should attend a telephonic interview with one of the Teach for India Fellowship members.
- It will be a 30-minute telephonic interview to know more about the applicant.
- Stage III – Assessment Centre involves the following:
- The candidates shortlisted from the second stage should attend the assessment center in person.
- They are required to give a five-minute demo class and participate in a group discussion and problem-solving activity.
- The candidates will have a face-to-face interview for an hour with a Teach for India (TFI) staff member.
- Candidates who are staying overseas can attend the interview and participate in relevant activities over Skype.
Terms And Conditions
The applicant must follow the following terms and conditions to apply for the scholarship:-
- The candidates should answer the fellowship interview questions with confidence.
- The selected fellows will be teaching Class I to Class X students.
- The fellows will teach all the major subjects (i.e. English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science) except regional languages.
- The fellows will teach the students in under-resourced schools or low-income private schools in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, or Bengaluru.
- The selected fellows should work as full-time teachers for two years.
- The Teach for India Fellowship 2021 last date of application is March 14th, 2021.
- The Teach for India Fellowship pays the monthly salary and HRA to the candidates.
Also Read: UP Scholarship Scheme
Application Procedure For Fellowship 2023
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- First, click on the link given here to go to the official web page for the scholarship
- The details of the scholarship will be displayed on your screen
- Now you have to register yourself in the registration dialogue box displayed on the home screen
- Enter your personal information and click on Register
- You will be successfully registered for the program.
|New Delhi||+91-11-40543751, +91-11-65658666|