Teri Green Olympiad 2023 is a value-driven project conducted by The Energy and Resources Institute for school students annually since 1999. This Olympiad assesses the environmental quotient of students and also enhances their understanding of issues related to sustainable development. Students from all over the country can participate in the Green Olympiad. It is completely based on the environmental awareness and analytical skills of the participants before the pandemic Teri Green Olympiad was conducted only as a written exam for the students. But from 2020 The Green Olympiad is conducted in online mode.
About Teri Green Olympiad 2023
All the students from classes 4th to 12th who are studying in a school that is organized by the education board can apply for the Green Olympiad. The focus of the project in 2023 is on Green skills and environment and sustainable development. The Green Olympiad is a premier MCQ-based examination of the environment and sustainable development and draws its linkage with the UN decade of ESD and Global Action Program (GAP).
Green Olympiad is not restricted to schools in India but participation is also seen in schools in Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Fiji, Indonesia, Iran, the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Kuwait, Mexico, Nepal, Russia, Singapore, state of Qatar and so on.
Key Highlights of Teri Green Olympiad
|Organized by||The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)|
|Name of the exam||Teri Green Olympiad|
|Exam date||10th to 15 November 2021- One Theme|
6th to 11th December 2021- Two Themes
|Exam duration||60 minutes|
|Number of questions||50 questions|
|Mode of reference||Online|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Medium of examination||English|
|Result of Olympiad||Updated soon|
|Official website||Teri Green|
Objective of Teri Green Olympiad
The Teri Olympiad has begun with a vision related to sustainable development and its centers on taking extreme care of the planet. The primary purpose of integrated education is to provide the proper skills, values, and knowledge needed to achieve sustainable development. Under the examination, many topics are included related to water, energy, air, agriculture, waste, climate change, sustainable development, and biodiversity apart from these questions that assess the student’s personal choice and behavior included in the exam. Whatever information students will gain after participating in the Olympiad can easily be converted to environment improvement activities at the school level.
Benefits of Teri Green Olympiad
- GREEN Olympiad precisely addresses the ‘Goal 4 – Target 7’ (SDG 4.7), which means that it will ensure the inclusive and equitable quality of education and advance lifelong opportunities for every individual.
- GREEN Olympiad is, in general, a written exam that consists of MCQs to test out the student’s varied skills. The student will be able to grasp good knowledge related to the environment after participating in this exam.
- Students who win at the global, national, or international levels get cash rewards, mementos, and exclusive discounts on TERI products, services, and publications. Even every participant receives certificates, no matter; it is a student or a teacher.
The Olympiad is an online exam conducted for the first time, and it is different from other Olympiad exams. Salient features of this scheme conducted by the Olympiad are,
- TERI Green Olympiad carefully ensures equitable quality education and promotes lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- TERI Olympiad is a written examination. It comprises MCQs that test students’ knowledge, application, and analytical skills; and simultaneously spreads awareness on various topics related to the environment.
- Winners of the olympiad at international, national, and state levels will be provided cash awards, mementos, and exclusive discounts on TERI publications, products, and services.
- All participants and co-ordinating teachers receive certificates.
Teri Green Olympiad Awards
- Country winners are awarded a certificate and medals/mementos.
- State winners are awarded a certificate and medals/mementos.
- Every student appearing for the Green Olympiad will receive certificates according to their individual performance that including,
- Distinction certificate (85% or more marks)
- Merit certificate (scores between 70-85%)
- Participation certificate (scores less than 70%)
- TERI Green Olympiad also offers a Certificate of Appreciation to all the coordinators and respective teacher-in-charge of each registered school.
Green Olympiad Registration Fee in India
For the school in India, each participating student has to pay INR 75 as a registration fee through the respective schools. Moreover, schools can deduct INR 5 per student towards expenditure for examining their school premises.
TERI Green Olympiad Results
TERI Olympiad will announce its result on its official website. Students have to provide their TERI green Olympiad login id to see their results from the official website. According to recent news, It will update its TERI Green Olympiad result will be updated soon
TERI Green Olympiad Exam Pattern
The TERI Olympiad exam consists of 50 questions for 50 marks that a student has to complete within 1 hour. The difficulty level of the question paper varies for every level. Teri Green’s exam patterns are as follows:
- There will be 50 questions with multiple-choice answers for each level.
- Questions assess students based on environmental awareness and analytical, and logical reasoning.
- There are no negative marks get an award for the wrong answer in the Green Olympiad.
TERI Green Olympiad Syllabus for Classes 4 to 10
The TERI Green Olympiad syllabus is the same for all the levels, but the exam’s difficulty is increased with every TERI Olympiad exam level. That means, the level 2 exam will be difficult compared to level 1, the level 3 exam will be difficult compared to the level 2 exam. The Green Olympiad exam tells the student about their “Green Quotient.” The green quotient refers to the environment’s knowledge. The important topics in the TERI Green Olympiad syllabus for classes 4 to 10 are given below in the table:
TERI Green Olympiad Eligibility
Only students who belong to schools recognized by the education board/trust in India can participate in this examination. Students from classes 4 to 10 are eligible to sit for the Green Olympiad exam.
TERI has divided Olympiad exams into three levels depending on the class.
- Level 1: students from classes IV and V can participate in this level.
- Level 2: students from class VI to VIII can participate in this level.
- Level 3: students from classes IX and X can participate in this level.
Due to this pandemic, TERI has decided to conduct its examination online for 2021. The student must have a computer/laptop with a high internet facility to appear in the online examination.
Also Read: Sydney Scholars India Scholarship Program
Application Procedure for Individual Registration in Teri Green Olympiad 2023
- The applicant should visit the Teri Green website of Teri Green Olympiad.
- The homepage will appear on your screen where you have to click on the Individual Registration link.
- The registration page will appear on your screen where you have to enter your details such as –
- Phone number
- school name
- address and
- email id
- Once the student’s details are filled in, enter guardian details, including parent/guardian, email, country code, and mobile number.
- Enter payment mode and amount.
- After filling in all the details click on the submit button for the final submission of the application form.