Tripura Journalist Insurance Scheme 2022: Application Form, Last Date

The action of acquiring, evaluating, generating, and presenting news and information is known as journalism. It is also a result of these endeavours. Journalism plays the most crucial role in our society and journalists put themselves in danger to highlight the major issues of the area then why not give them some favour. So, Tripura Cabinet on Wednesday approved the proposal to introduce a health insurance cover known as Tripura Journalist Insurance Scheme for accredited journalists associated with print, web, and electronic media organisations. If you want to know more about this Insurance, then in this article we give a brief description.

Tripura Journalist Insurance Scheme 2022

Tripura Cabinet announced a health insurance scheme for the journalists where they get health-related facilities. Journalists between the ages of 21 and 65 who have not joined other health insurance programmes or Ayushman Bharat can be deemed eligible for the programme’s benefits, according to the proposed policy.

Sushanta Chowdhury, Minister of Information and Cultural Affairs stated that the insurance will cover medical bills up to Rs 3 lakh. Sushant Chowdhury went on to say that there are currently 177 journalists that are accredited by the state’s ICA department. Minister went on to say that the state government will cover 80% of the yearly premium, leaving the beneficiary to pay the remaining 20%.

“For example, if the entire premium is Rs 6,000, the state government would pay Rs 4,000 and the journalist will be responsible for the remaining Rs 2,000.” The journalist who benefits from this plan would be covered for up to Rs 3 lakh in insurance,” he added. The state government will now request proposals from other insurance providers, according to the Minister.

Tripura Journalist Insurance Scheme

Key Highlights of Tripura Journalist Insurance Scheme

Launched byTripura Cabinet
Name of SchemeTripura Journalist Insurance Scheme 2022
ObjectiveTo provide health insurance where the government will pay 80% of the total amount
BenefitsInsurance cover up to Rs- 3lakh
Eligibility CriteriaAge between 21-65 years
Announced dateOn 20th April 2022

Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship Tripura 

Objective of Tripura Journalist Insurance Scheme 

The main objective to start Tripura Journalist Insurance Scheme is to provide them with health insurance where the government will pay 80% of the total amount and the beneficiary will have to pay the remaining 20%. 

The applicant who has not enrolled in other health insurance schemes or Ayushman Bharat can be eligible for the benefit of the scheme. Chowdhury said that there are altogether 177 journalists who are already accredited with the ICA department of the state. 

Benefits of Tripura Journalist Insurance Scheme 

Under the scheme, it is clarified that 80 per cent of the annual premium would be borne by the state government while the rest of the amount needs to be contributed by the beneficiary himself.

“For instance, if the total premium is Rs 5,000, the state government will pay Rs 4,000 and the rest of the amount will have to be borne by the journalist. Through this scheme, the beneficiary journalist will be entitled to get an insurance cover up to Rs 3 lakh”.

Indian Army Agneepath Entry Scheme

Eligibility Criteria 

  • According to the proposed scheme, journalists in the age group 21-65 years who have not enrolled in other health insurance schemes or Ayushman Bharat, can be considered eligible for the benefits of the scheme. 
  • According to the sources, they have set a target to cover at least 1,000 journalists in the first phase.
  • The journalist must be a permanent resident of Tripura and accredited with the state government or Press Information Bureau (PIB).

Application Procedure for Tripura Journalist Insurance Scheme 2022

According to the sources, this programme has been operational for the next two months so that accredited journalists can benefit as soon as possible. 

If you have to know more about this scheme, then you have to wait for the next announcement.

Leave a Comment