UGC Fellowship for superannuated faculty members 2023 is created in order to provide proper opportunities to the superannuated faculty members of the Universities and colleges available in India so that they can pursue their research. The applicants will be able to continue their research opportunities for 3 years and the tenure of their age must be 70 years. 100 slots are available for this prestigious scholarship and the people will be selected so that they can get financial assistance of 50000 per annum. The students must follow the eligibility criteria presented by the organization in order to apply for this prestigious fellowship program and they will be provided opportunities to continue their research. Check the details of the same from the article given below:
Objective Of The Scheme
The main objective of this program is to help the faculty members so that they can continue their research opportunities in India or abroad with the help of the financial assistance that is available by the organization. People will be provided 50000 rupees per annum in order to continue their education but only 100 people will be selected for this fellowship program. The slots are open for the people who have faculty member responsibility in prestigious universities available in India. The tenure of the fellowship is 3 years or up to the age of 70 years of the applicants. The applicants need to register at the official website in order to be considered for UGC Fellowship for superannuated faculty members program and the final decision in selecting the candidates will be of the UGC organization only.
- Faculty members at the level of Professors/Associate professors (who are going to superannuate within six months or already superannuated) from the following institutions are eligible to apply under the schemes:
- Universities (including constituent and affiliated colleges/institutions)
- included under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956, and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and having valid accreditation from NAAC.
- Institutions fully funded by Central or State Governments and empowered to award Degrees.
- Institutions of National Importance.
- The applicant can be up to 67 years
- The applicant must have successfully supervised the Ph.D. dissertations of 10 full-time candidates, 3 of whom have received their degrees during the preceding 10 years.
- The applicant must have handled, as Principal Investigator, at least 3 sponsored research projects funded by national/international agencies.
- The applicant shall not hold any administrative responsibility during the tenure of the fellowship which would be from the date of superannuation.
- The applicant and Institutions shall have to provide an undertaking in the application as per Annexure-I.
- Fellowship: Rs. 50,000/- per month.
- Contingency: Rs.50,000/- per annum
- Scanned copy of your passport-size photograph and signature (size up to 1 MB, format: jpg).
- Complete Research proposal (size upto 5 MB) and an abstract (size upto 1 MB)
- After filling out the application form, an auto-generated form will be displayed on your screen. Please take the printout of the same, get it signed by the HoD/Registrar, and upload it before submitting the application form.
- Online applications are invited from the official website of UGC.
- The applications will be evaluated based on 3 references assigned by the UGC organization.
- The evaluation also will include the merit of the proposed project, the professional standing of the candidate, and also the institute where the research is to be carried out.
- The final merit list will be published on the UGC Website.
- Candidates can download their award letter through the UGC website.
- The students must read all of the UGC guidelines carefully and understand the eligibility criteria.
- The application form must be carefully filled in with all of the information and the incomplete application form will be rejected.
- All the information included in the application form must be correct.
- Any miss information in the application form will result in the cancellation of the candidate.
- You need to register at the official website of UGC to apply for the scheme.
- The registration ID will be sent to the official email address of the applicant.
- The final decision on the scholarship will be provided by the UGC authorities.
- No hard copies of the application form will be accepted.
UGC Fellowship For Superannuated Faculty Members Application Process
- You will first have to visit the UGC website of the University Grants Commission Fellowship research grant by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage with the different types of Fellowship programs will open on your screen.
- You have to click on the option called UGC Fellowship For Superannuated Faculty Members 2023
- The guidelines for the fellowship will open on your screen if you click on the guidelines option and you can click on the eligibility criteria option to check the eligibility criteria.
- You have to now click on the option called apply online and the application form will open on your screen.
- Fill out the details and successfully submit all of the documents to apply for the scheme.
UGC Fellowship For Superannuated Faculty Members 2023 FAQs
If you want to apply for this prestigious Fellowship program then you will have to Register yourself at the official website of the University Grants Commission.
The applicant must be a faculty member or professor in different organizations or universities available in India as per the eligibility criteria shared by the UGC organization and the applicant must also have supervised Ph.D. dissertations for 10 full-time candidates.
The people will be able to get 50000 Rupees as a Fellowship financial reward if they apply for this prestigious fellowship program and they also will be able to continue their research.
You can apply for this fellowship program if you are below the age of 67 years and the fellowship program will be available for a period of 3 years or up to the age of 70 years for the applicant