The University Grants Commission provides research internships to students who are taking 4-year degree programs in any of the prestigious colleges present in India. If you are interested in doing research on employability or other phenomena then you will be provided with the research internship and you will be eligible to undertake the benefit available in this internship. You can check out the details related to the UGC UG Research Internship Portal 2022 given below and we will also share with you all the step-by-step procedures for online registration and selection.
About UGC UG Research Internship Portal 2023
A UGC UG Research Internship Portal will be provided as per the National Education Policy 2020 by the University Grants Commission and the guidelines related to this research internship were presented by the authorities recently. The details related to the guidelines for uploaded on the official website of the organization a couple of days ago and the two types of research internships provided by this organization. You can take into account employment research or you can also develop your research aptitude through these internships available on the official website. You will have to do an internship for a minimum of 20 credits from the 160 credits of a 4-year undergraduate degree program.
Also Read: NRDC Social Media Internship
The applicant must follow the following timeline in order to complete their internship with their degree program and be a part of the benefit:-
- Internships of 8-10 weeks of 10 credits after the second and fourth semesters will be mandatory for students who wish to exit with a certificate or diploma.
- Those who continue with the degree program may undertake an optional research internship after the second/fourth semester to enhance their research capabilities.
- Such candidates will engage as interns in higher educational institutions or research institutions or industrial research and development laboratories.
- Each research intern should have completed 450 hours of research activity during the coursework.
- The draft stipulates that one credit implies a minimum of 45 hours of engagement in internship activities in a week.
- Those who wish to gain a diploma or certificate will have to do 10 credits of research internship.
- Four-year degree students expect to do 40 credits of research internship which includes courses in research and analytical tools and techniques (10 credits) and dissertation/project work in interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary/trans-disciplinary areas (30 credits).
- The guidelines also offer the flexibility of doing research internships either in another HEI or the same institution. The intern will attach to a research supervisor.
Benefits Of UGC UG Research Internship Portal
The main benefit which will be provided to the people through this internship is access to get research materials. Also, training will also be provided through the research internship so that the students can enhance the integration of innovation. There will be various benefits provided to the students and the national education policy 2020 will be introduced. The students are provided research supervisors either from the same institution or any Higher Education institution in India. The students pursuing a research internship will get hands-on training in research tools, techniques, methodologies, and types of equipment. And learn other aspects of quality research. The students will be getting research experience by working with faculties who have expertise in the same subject.
There is a very specific selection procedure that must follow by the authorities to select the candidates:-
- The Research Internship Supervisor from the parent institute will manage the internship progress of the students
- Evaluation will be done by the supervisors. A group of experts including the supervisor would assign marks.
- The interns will evaluate by the research internship supervisor based on their sincerity and research output.
- The students will also assess by the parent Higher Education Institute (HEI) on the following three aspects:-
- Activity logbook and evaluation report of the internship supervisor
- The formats of the presentation
- The quality of the intern’s report
- Original and innovative contribution.
Also Read: Lexlife India Internship
UGC UG Research Internship Portal 2023 Online Registration
The applicant must follow the following registration procedure to apply for the UGC UG Research Internship:-
- A centrally-operated portal will also introduce soon to facilitate Internship Provider Organisation (IPO) to implement the following:-
- Offer internships as per eligibility conditions
- Help students search for internships of their choice
- Enable allotment of internships
- Manage records and feedback
- The students can apply for the research internships on their own or through the faculty mentor of their parent Higher Education Institute (HEI).
- The students will select by parent institutes based on their selection criteria.
- The parent institute will inform the potential intern through the portal or through the mail and will seek acceptance confirmation.
- Finally, students will receive permission from the parent institution and join it.