Union Plus Scholarship was created in 1991 by the Union Plus Education Foundation which has been awarding many students the opportunity to pursue higher education without having to worry about the financial difference. This scholarship has been awarded for more than 5.2 million dollars to students who have been coming from the economically backward section of society so that they can continue their Post Secondary Education. More than 3600 families have already applied for the scholarship program and all the students are provided the benefits according to their financial background. The students can apply for the scholarship after checking out the major information about the eligibility criteria and the other details of Union Plus Scholarship 2023 from the article given below:
Importance of Union Plus Scholarship
Union Plus Scholarship is created in order to help people who are coming from the economically backward section of society in order to pursue higher education which is very difficult to pursue. If the students do not have a fixed source of income then it will be very difficult for them to complete their education due to the different difficulties that they will have to face. If you are someone who follows the eligibility criteria presented by the organization, you can fill out the application form available on the official website and you will be provided financial benefits so that you can take admitted to prestigious institutes present in the United States. You can visit the official website in order to get the $1000 scholarship.
Also Read: Reliance Foundation Scholarships
About Union Plus Scholarship
Sometimes, it is very difficult to take admission to prestigious universities because the tuition fees of the university are very high so the students resolve major financial channels such as scholarship opportunities. The students can fill out the application form for the scholarship by visiting the official website and they will be eligible to get $1000 or 500 dollars in scholarship as per their financial capabilities. The people who are permanent participants of the Scholarship will be eligible to apply for this scholarship along with their spouses and their children and they will be eligible to get the scholarship so that they can take admission to prestigious institutes. If you are eligible for the scholarship then you will be provided with the much-needed financial help to continue your education.
Highlights of the Union Plus Scholarship
|Union Plus Scholarship
|Union Plus Organisation
|Providing financial benefits
|Union Plus participants
- Identity Proof
- Educational Certificate
- Participate Certificate
- Current and retired members of participating unions, their spouses and their dependent children (as defined by IRS regulations).
- At least one year of continuous union membership by the applicant, applicant’s spouse or parent (if the applicant is a dependent).
- The one-year membership minimum must be satisfied by May 31 of the scholarship year.
Benefits and Features
- The students will be provided with the opportunity to attend college and Universities through the development of these financial benefits.
- The students will be provided motivation to take admitted to prestigious Universities and colleges.
- The individuals who will be getting financial benefits will be provided the opportunity to take higher education.
- The students will be provided opportunities so that they can continue their education without any problems or difficulty.
- Along with the financial benefits the students will also be provided other resources so that they can continue their education.
- Amounts range from $500 to $4,000. These one-time cash awards are for study beginning in the Fall of 2023.
- Students may re-apply each year.
- Applicants are considered according to academic ability, social awareness, financial need, and appreciation of labor.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is recommended. The required essays can account for up to half of your total score. Scholarship applicants are judged by a committee of impartial post-secondary educators
Also Check: Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship
Scholarship 2023 Application Form
- The applicant will first have to visit the Union Plus website of the scheme by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen
- You have to click on the Apply now button
- The application form will open on your screen
- Enter all of the details and upload all of the documents successfully
- Submit the application form after reviewing it.
- Applications are available starting in mid-June, and a complete application must be received on or before 12:00 p.m. (Noon) Eastern Standard Time on January 31st of the scholarship year.
- Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- The Scholarship Committee will determine recipients of scholarship awards by May 31 each year.
- During the first week of June, award recipients will be individually notified by mail, and all applicants will be sent an email with a notification that the award list is posted
View Union Plus Scholarship Winner List
- The applicant must first visit the official website of the scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The homepage will open on your screen
- Click on the option called “See the list of 2022 Scholarship Winners.”
- The list of winners will open on your screen.
Union Plus Scholarship 2023 FAQs
Union Plus Scholarship 2023 application must be complete and received by 11:59 p.m. (midnight, ET) on Thursday, February 2, 2023.
Current and retired members of unions that participate in any Union Plus program, their spouses and their dependent children (as defined by IRS regulations) can apply for a Union Plus Scholarship.
Union Plus Scholarship 2023 is available for any year of study. The applicant must be accepted into a U.S.-accredited post-secondary school at the time the award is issued.
U.S.-accredited colleges and universities, including undergraduate and graduate schools, community colleges, and trade and technical schools.